• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Next House Update

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
Sorry no pictures right now. Between calving and a lot of other stuff going on been pretty busy.

Well the upstairs is done in sheet rock. I have just started on my second coat of mud after taping it. Hubby has started in the basement hanging sheet rock.
I got the Nu Heat floor mats for the basement bathroom and our bathroom. I just picked up 40 more sheets of sheet rock which leaves us needing only 75 more to finish the walls. Then I will get the bathroom sheet rock and the cement board for the floor.
Picked up two more buckets of mud.
I got in some ceramic tile for around the deep sink in the basement.

Discovered I really don't like mudding and taping.

Pictures will not upload to photobucket
Will keep trying.

Got the corner beads up and mudded today. Taped the ceilings in the office, laundry room and guest bathroom. Lot of ladder climbing.

Picked up 40 sheets of sheet rock on Wednesday. It turned out to be garbage. Paper is torn and it is wavy. Store is coming to get it when it dries out.

Store is coming tomorrow with a new load of sheet rock and are going to pick up this garbage.
Picked up 12 more corner beads.

Hubby got the sheet rock finished except the bathrooms. Have a friend coming out in 2 weeks to mud, tape and texture the house. I have sworn to never pick up a mudding knife again!

Friend came out and has gotten the ceiling mudded and taped and is finishing the upstairs walls. He's going to texture all of it too!

went in and got a bid on the tile for the bathrooms and the entrances in front of the doors. $3700.00

On the downhill side but still so much to do!

You going to "Stomp" or "Spray" the ceiling texture?

Many people are leaving their ceiling smooth like the walls. I personally like it better and it's much easier to paint later.

After all, texturing is only to cover the imperfections. If it's taped and mudded properly, shouldn't be that much sanding.

My friend did such a great job on it you can not see the areas hubby messed up! LOL!
Looking at a circular type of design on the ceiling and a southwest type on the walls.

Was talking with hubby this morning. we want to try to get in the house next winter. He wants to build the kitchen cabinets and wants to get as much done this winter as possible. Talked with him about getting the bathrooms done. Paint the rooms. Get flooring done in the basement. Have him finish the basement ceiling. Get carpet in the bedrooms.
If we get this all done only thing left would be the kitchen and the hardwood flooring upstairs.

Sounds like it's coming along.

If you do the circular on the ceiling, be careful not to do it too deep.
We had that in a house and it was a bugger to clean. And it seemed like it
just attracted dirt!! Had that cirucular texture in a hallway and the dust just
laid on the lower part of the circles (if you understand what I mean). It was a constant job to keep the dust off the walls there. :cry: :x

Good luck!!

Oh she has exposed logs she'll know what dust is. Our house is all log and it attracts dust.

Faster horses said:
Denny said:
Oh she has exposed logs she'll know what dust is. Our house is all log and it attracts dust.

For sure. But I wouldn't invite more if I could help it. :D

Dust is just part of the charm of a log house 8)

I'm just not allowed to write the date in it! :lol:

Latest posts