• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NFR

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
The 10th go round of the NFR starts in a few minutes. Every world championship is up for grabs other than the all around which Stetson Wright has sewed up.

Stetson is amazing. He and Ryder battled til the very end. Would of been happy to see either win the saddle bronc title. My favorite is Kaycee winning his sixth bareback championship. His dad means the world to him and he is so proud to continue that Fields family legacy. Utah has some world class rodeo athletes and it's fun to see them have success

We went to Pendleton on the Wright day. They were all there riding that day. While there I bought a sweatshirt. I saw an interview of the Wright brothers. Ryder was wearing the same sweatshirt as I bought. I guess us great bronc riders think alike..... tongue stuck way into cheek.
Kaycee is without a doubt a great bareback bronc rider. The people on the cowboy channel were making a big deal over the fact that nobody else has won 6. Kaycee talked at a go round buckle ceremony about how Joe Alexander was the high money winner 7 years. In 1976 and 77 the PRCA decided that the winner of the NFR should be declared the world Champion. Joe was the high money winner those years. Any other years in the 70+ year history of the PRCA (RCA) Joe would have been declared the world champion. That would have given Joe 7 world titles.

That's how Chris LeDoux won his title. I believe it was 76 when he won the NFR. Joe Alexander was an amazing bare back rider. Kaycee may win another one or two before he hangs up his riggin. I'm always in awe of guys who last any kind of time in that event. I got on one bare back horse. Shoulder still hurts. Toughest sport ever to me

That's how Chris LeDoux won his title. I believe it was 76 when he won the NFR. Joe Alexander was an amazing bare back rider. Kaycee may win another one or two before he hangs up his riggin. I'm always in awe of guys who last any kind of time in that event. I got on one bare back horse. Shoulder still hurts. Toughest sport ever to me
Yep, Chris and Joe were both a couple years older than me but we were riding bareback broncs at the same time. I really liked Chris he was a heck of a nice guy but I always thought he backed into the world championship. If you are in time with them and being aggressive it is smooth as silk. But get out of time and they jerk the snot out of you. It was a lot of fun but I did have issues staying healthy.

Latest posts