• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NFU SUPPORTS THE CAPTIVE SUPPLY REFORM ACT

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
NFU Supports Legislation to Ban Packer Ownership 04/19/05 09:20

Printable Page

OMAHA (DTN) -- National Farmers Union applauds the introduction of legislation by United States Senators Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Ken Salazar, D-Colo., that would ban packer ownership of livestock and help restore competitive livestock markets.

"This legislation will help slow the trend toward vertical integration and help restore the competitive markets our free-market economy is based upon," said NFU President Dave Frederickson. Rocky Mountain Farmers Union President John Stencel said he is also very pleased by the introduction of the bill. "We have been struggling with this issue for many years, and it is time for Congress to take this issue up seriously," said Stencel. "Banning packer ownership seven days prior to slaughter will give the producers greater market access and fairer prices for their cattle."

National Farmers Union is a long-time supporter of a ban on packer ownership of livestock, and was pleased to see its inclusion in the Senate-passed 2002 farm bill. This important measure was removed from the final compromise farm bill despite its bipartisan support.

HAY MAKER said:

National Farmers Union is a long-time supporter of a ban on packer ownership of livestock, and was pleased to see its inclusion in the Senate-passed 2002 farm bill. This important measure was removed from the final compromise farm bill despite its bipartisan support.

Response: What would you expect from this group? Most of these people could not give a simple definition of so called "captive supply" and even a larger percent have never had any direct dealings regarding these type of sales. How come it is that they claim to know so much when they actually know so very little? What gives them the right to determine who can own cattle?

agman said:
HAY MAKER said:

Response: What would you expect from this group? Most of these people could not give a simple definition of so called "captive supply" and even a larger percent have never had any direct dealings regarding these type of sales. How come it is that they claim to know so much when they actually know so very little?
What gives them the right to determine who can own cattle

The same thing that gives every body the right to lobby their interests,its a little thing we call free speech................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
agman said:
HAY MAKER said:

The same thing that gives every body the right to lobby their interests,its a little thing we call free speech................good luck

I guess there is no intelligence quotient required with that free speech.

e]

agman you make your self look foolish making statements about a group that you know nothing about.I believe some of you packer parrots sit on your perch all day telling your self how smart you are till you start believeing it..............good luck PS do a little thinking before you start talking,you dont want a reputation like SH do you?

HAY MAKER said:
[
agman you make your self look foolish making statements about a group that you know nothing about.I believe some of you packer parrots sit on your perch all day telling your self how smart you are till you start believeing it..............good luck PS do a little thinking before you start talking,you dont want a reputation like SH do you?

I do know about this organization, eveidently you do not. I have been on panels several times and opposed their support of the WORC proposal several years ago. Of course their proposal was shot down.

Their ideology is one of hate the corporation and tell the members what they want to hear as opposed to the facts. There is a conspiracy around every corner and their memebers are all victims. In short their members are brainwashed by a bunch of demagogues. Does that sound familiar to an R-Calf member?

??? How far are you from Ft Stockton, TX? I will be there racing in the Big Bend Open Road Race this weekend. Do you care to navigate for me?!!!

Its about three hundred miles from sisterdale,tell me about this race,IVE never heard of it..........good luck

agman said:
HAY MAKER said:
[

??? How far are you from Ft Stockton, TX? I will be there racing in the Big Bend Open Road Race this weekend. Do you care to navigate for me?!!!

Agman- you believe in living dangerously- Haymaker navigating??? You'd end up in Sonora chasing Senoritas and tequila........ :lol:

Agman, we expect you to pick it up to 150 MPH this year if that "Vette" will. This 13O MPH stuff is for amateurs. :wink:

Oldtimer said:
agman said:
HAY MAKER said:
[

Agman- you believe in living dangerously- Haymaker navigating??? You'd end up in Sonora chasing Senoritas and tequila........ :lol:[/quote
]

yeah we get that vet over in Mexico no telling what we could trade it for..........good luck

Mike said:
Agman, we expect you to pick it up to 150 MPH this year if that "Vette" will. This 13O MPH stuff is for amateurs. :wink:

I will run the 150. Last year was my first entry in this race so 130 MPH average was the highest class I could legally run. The car is easliy capable of 200+, up hill with the AC on. At 170 MPH I am only running at 3800 RPM. At 4470 RPM I am at 200 MPH. At that RPM I am still below peak torque and way below peak HP. Amazing I can run down the HWY 75 MPH and get 26 MPG all day long. To hell with the ricers!!!

Unfortunaely my navigator's father had a heart attack today so I will run the 150 average MPH class by my lonesome unless Haymaker shows up!! On that course it will be a real challenge. Maybe Haymaker will stumble back from Mexico and end up in Ft Stockton in time for the race. Just so he brings along a package of DEPENDS for himself..... I am certain you have seen the sign that says "Set down, shut up and hang on". In my car it reads "Sit down, shut up and don't .... in your pants". As hard headed as he is he won't need a helmet and I have an extra fire suit so he will have no excuse unless he does not trust my driving. What do you think!!!!Have a great day.

Nope you run your race and if you survive drive that jet over to sisterdale ,me and you head for Lukenbach,drinks on me...............good luck PS ILL drive and we will take the pick up.

Latest posts