• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nice write-up on a gentleman

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Twister Frost

Reaction score
Don't know how many are familiar with Bob and Cindy---I always find the write ups about people from home comforting. Plus, I know there are a few on here who feed with horses--an art alive and well on the Dennis ranch.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_f9c75348-63fd-11e0-b193-001cc4c002e0.html

Most of us "oldtimers" here at ranchers are familiar with Jinglebob.

He left after the AZ cowpuncher Copenhagen debacle. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He figure we were a little to rough on the wee cowpuncher from Arizona. :lol2: :lol2: :cowboy:

Guess I haven't read that debacle---not sure that I will, since I have known Bob and Cindy since I was in high school. Some things might be better left alone, then.

I respectfully disagree swede one this one... :pretty: And the reason is, that it gives the newbies a little insight on why us old rancherneters react or say what we do... I'm not fond of getting pms from others telling me they're surprised by my comments or thought they knew me better stuff like that... When in fact that there is years of history melted into this one site... Hell I'm closer to some here on this board than my own neighbors and family... Yeah I'll agree that that is the worst thread EVER... But I think we all can glean some good outa it..

Let the mud slingin begin!!! :tiphat:

It was a nice writeup. I don't know Jinglebob personally, but I respect him and now I know a little more than I did. This thread should stay about him and not the debacle.

Doug Thorson said:
It was a nice writeup. I don't know Jinglebob personally, but I respect him and now I know a little more than I did. This thread should stay about him and not the debacle.

:agree:

Yes... was very good write up....Dennis has some sterling qualities toboot...

We met Jinglebob at the Deadwood Get together. I have always respected him and his points of view here on Ranchers Net. I even respect him for the way he stuckup for Arizonia Cowpuncher. Az Cowpuncher was a get-er-done type cowboy, the far from the ranches type cowboy. Temple Grandlin might not agree with his ways, but sometimes you have to do things in the way that fits what you have and where you are.

I just wanted to say that this thread brought back so many good memories of the Deadwood get together. I met the neatest people with different personalities.views,struggles and triumphs. I'll never forget the talent that was exhibited and something about a "license plate" lol Also I remember the great visit I had after the doings with "kate". Little did I know that would be the first and last time I'd have a chance to experience her wisdom. God bless all of you on Ranchers.

This reminds me to fetch the newspaper I bought yesterday from the car and read it all. I touched the high spots, but skimmed pretty fast.

Not only have I met and visited with jinglebob a few times, I knew his mother quite well when both of us were involved in SD CowBelles and she was a wonderful mentor in that group, IMO. I'd imagine he was rather young at the time!

It is always good when our SD 'characters' get covered in the RCJ. Among those I know, it seems writers can always bring out something new, and those I didn't know, generally I wish I did.

Long time family friend Ray Hunter was interviewed recently. And there was a story about a very elderly rancher possibly up in jinglebobs' area not too long ago which was very interesting. Sorry his name escapes me now.

mrj

Thanks for posting this. Jinglebob is a very good man.
As for what happened, some things need to stay in the past. Everyone has thier point of view based on thier life.
I for one feel its over, its done let the healing continue and agree to disagree.

Latest posts