• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

No money for sex at college

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Georgetown Newspaper comments:
May says:

February 29, 2012 at

Are you serious? Cry me a river! You ALREADY get aide to go to school for free and now you want the rest of us to pay for your sex? This is an outrage! Some of us actually paid for our college by working two jobs and eating peanut butter and jelly. We also bought our own birth control as well. Sounds to me like you Ms. Fluke are a great example of"entitlement". Please tell me why as a taxpayer I should pay for your sexual activities? It is a manipulation to call it "healthcare". You may be sick and need to go to the doctors but you DO NOT have to have sex! Two very different issues.

CaseyA says:

February 29, 2012 at

Sandra and every other woman in the US can pay for her own darn contraceptives. I'm so sick of hearing women whine about the cost–which is negligible–to engage in casual sex.

Sorry, I'm not interested in paying for your sexual exploits. As a woman I reply, \GROW UP ALREADY!\

This kid's \testimony\ was ridiculous, hilarious and a sad commentary on the quality of logic and reason coming from supposedly intelligent university students. She wants it, therefore she must have it paid for by others.

Sheesh.

Wes says:

February 29, 2012 at

Oh give me freaking a break, women have no "right" to contraception; if a woman needs contraception then she can pay for it herself. I have no problem with it if she needs it for a documented medical reason but if you're just having sex than you can do it on your own dollar, NOT mine. If students want to save money on contraception then these girls should study more and keep their pants on. That's just the truth, taxpayers aren't responsible for it.

Dan says:

February 29, 2012 at

Damn how do you find time to study, is this a law school or a prostitution school?

truth says:

February 29, 2012 at

First, Fluke says it costs $3,000 a year for contraceptives.
That is deceptive. Walmart has been offering oral contraceptives for $9 a month since 2007. That is $108 per year. Other pharmacies offer similar deals.

Second, why is it our responsibility to pay for another person's recreational sexual activity? or incur higher insurance premiums for it?

Third, if a married person couldn't afford the cost of her contraceptives one month, she and her husband could reduce their sexual activity for a few weeks and use a condom to save money, or practice abstinence until they saved for their own birth control. Or go to a free clinic.

Fourth, if a woman can't pay for her contraceptives, then her male partner should cough up the money for it. Why should we pay for two people's sexual activity?

Fifth, the woman who was denied treatment for ovarian cysts is a separate issue. We shouldn't have to pay for everyone in this country to have a face lift if they want it, because one person was denied plastic surgery for a facial injury. That is why we have lawyers in this country, and that is why we have law schools like Georgetown University, to file lawsuits for people like this woman, and have the insurance company pay for their lawful claims.

Jared says:

February 29, 2012 at

What a stupid whore.
It's not enough that she gets a free education, now she wants everyone to pay more, so she can be a worry-free skank?
I can't wait until the global economic collapse.
Hopefully, most of you lazy, worthless leeches will starve to death.

Maria says:

March 1, 2012 at

The problem is partly United HealthCare. No one is denying contraception to women; United HealthCare is denying that medication for what is a covered condition. That's a different legal problem & they should be dragged back to court (again, I might add!) to answer for that. Anyone who has had them has had justifiable things denied. They're TERRIBLE and cheap for employers. Another problem with Ms. Fluke is that she is not an EMPLOYEE; this legislation applies to employees, not students. Another problem: there are other ways to get free or cheap contraception. My understanding is that she is for all students, including those who do want it as contraception only. Make their boyfriend pay it or the "door" is closed til they do! That'll get those worthless guys to pay up! This is not a Women's Issue, and shame on those tho think it is.

Do you have any replies from those that agreed with her at Gerogetown, Mike?
Fair and balanced you know.

TSR said:

I didn't assemble them. I just copied and pasted the whole list, Einstein. :roll:

TSR said:

I agree that she needs contraception. And she should go to one of the free clinics to get it.

I really would hate to see her procreate.

TSR said:
hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:
Did all of you watch the entire testimony? Which was denied by the Republicans. Why did they deny her testimony?? Looks to me like it would have aided the Republicans in their quest.

the hearing was on constitutional matters. birth control and how much sex you have in law school is not mentioned in the Constitution

If so, then they could have made a fool of the young lady. Why deny her?? All questions directed at her could have been of Constitutional origin. If I understand it correctly, the Dem.s were supposed to be given the opportunity to have a witness of their choosing but the Rep.'s denied her, this law student at Georgetown (is Georgetown a religiously affiliated school?) her comments.

http://www.georgetown.edu/about/jesuit-and-catholic-heritage/index.html

Georgetown is the oldest Catholic and Jesuit institute of higher learning in the United States.

In Mike's post the very first reply by Dan-"You already get aide to go to school for free". Unless she was lying in front of the congressional panel (you know like the energy co. exec's did during the Bush admin.) she owed quite a bit of money she had borrowed for her education. She could be prosecuted for lying whether under oath or not. But those oil co. exec's that couldn't remember their meeting with Cheney weren't prosecuted so if this student was lying (which personally I doubt)she should be afforded the same privilege as the oil co. exec.'s until maybe her memory returns as did theirs when faced with prosecution. :wink: This is something the Rep.'s could use to their advantage, I'm sure they are garnering a lot of women voters on this issue.

TSR said:
In Mike's post the very first reply by Dan-"You already get aide to go to school for free". Unless she was lying in front of the congressional panel (you know like the energy co. exec's did during the Bush admin.) she owed quite a bit of money she had borrowed for her education. She could be prosecuted for lying whether under oath or not. But those oil co. exec's that couldn't remember their meeting with Cheney weren't prosecuted so if this student was lying (which personally I doubt)she should be afforded the same privilege as the oil co. exec.'s until maybe her memory returns as did theirs when faced with prosecution. :wink: This is something the Rep.'s could use to their advantage, I'm sure they are garnering a lot of women voters on this issue.

She lied.....

$3000 is awfully expensive seeing as you can get birth control for $9/month

women.png

http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/four_dollar_drug_list.pdf

hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

She lied.....

$3000 is awfully expensive seeing as you can get birth control for $9/month

women.png

http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/four_dollar_drug_list.pdf

Read again, carefully, what Dan said--"She was going to school for free because of the aide she received." Is this true??

TSR said:

If the mandate is for "EMPLOYEES" why did Pelosi bring in a "STUDENT" to testify on behalf of her fellow female STUDENTS? I sure don't remember Obama mandating schools provide insurance including free birth control for anyone but THEIR STAFF IE WORKING FOR THEM IE IN THEIR EMPLOY. Do students now qualify as employees?

TSR said:
Read again, carefully, what Dan said--"She was going to school for free because of the aide she received." Is this true??

I have no idea who pays for her schooling, but I know she is a liar, due to her statement about the costs of birth control.

If she can't afford $108 for birth control, it would be easy to assume that she is on some sort of financial aid for schooling, but that would just be conjecture on my part.

Again, Dan said"her education was free." That's the question. Geesh.

TSR said:

Without insurance coverage, contraception can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, like me, are on public interest scholarships, that's practically an entire summer's salary

Her words TSR :wink: what is a public interest Scholarship?

Forty percent of female students at Georgetown Law report struggling financially as a result of this policy. One told us of how embarrassed and powerless she felt when she was standing at the pharmacy counter, learning for the first time that contraception wasn't covered, and had to walk away because she couldn't afford it. Students like her have no choice but to go without contraception.

More of Fluke the flakes words

She and those 40% of female students live in a city with a Planned Parenthood office and they hand out birth control for free so they have options other than going WITHOUT :cry:

BTW I doubt these brainless little girls are having sex with themselves so if they can't afford their activities might i suggest the guy dress for the occasion. :roll:

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/pils/scholars.htm

andra Fluke

Sandra Fluke's professional background in domestic violence and human trafficking began with Sanctuary for Families in New York City. There, she launched the agency's pilot Program Evaluation Initiative. While at Sanctuary, she co-founded the New York Statewide Coalition for Fair Access to Family Court, which after a twenty-year stalemate, successfully advocated for legislation granting access to civil orders of protection for unmarried victims of domestic violence, including LGBTQ victims and teens. Sandra was also a member of the Manhattan Borough President's Taskforce on Domestic Violence and numerous other New York City and New York State coalitions that successfully advocated for policy improvements impacting victims of domestic violence.

As the 2010 recipient of the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles Fran Kandel Public Interest Grant, she researched, wrote, and produced an instructional film on how to apply for a domestic violence restraining order in pro per. She has also interned with the Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking; Polaris Project; Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County; Break the Cycle; the Domestic Violence Legal Empowerment and Appeals Project; NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund; Crime Victim and Sexual Assault Services; and the Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County.

Through Georgetown's clinic programs, Sandra has conducted proposed legislation based on fact-finding in Kenya regarding child trafficking for domestic work, and has represented victims of domestic violence in protection order cases. Sandra is the Development Editor of the Journal of Gender and the Law, and served as the President of Law Students for Reproductive Justice, and the Vice President of the Women's Legal Alliance. In her first year, she also co-founded a campus committee addressing human trafficking. Cornell University awarded her a B. S. in Policy Analysis & Management, as well as Feminist, Gender, & Sexuality Studies in 2003.

this is not an average student who "has a summer job"

Overview

The Public Interest Law Scholars (PILS) program provides financial, professional and academic support to law students dedicated to practicing law in the public interest. In addition to partial tuition scholarships, the program offers summer stipends through the Office of Public Interest and Community Service (OPICS).

It was then revealed that prior to attending Georgetown she was an active women's right advocate. In one of her first interviews she is quoted as talking about how she reviewed Georgetown's insurance policy prior to committing to attend, and seeing that it didn't cover contraceptive services, she decided to attend with the express purpose of battling this policy. During this time, she was described as a 23-year-old coed. Magically, at the same time Congress is debating the forced coverage of contraception, she appears and is even brought to Capitol Hill to testify. This morning, in an interview with Matt Lauer on the Today show, it was revealed that she is 30 years old, NOT the 23 that had been reported all along.

Mike said:
Her words TSR what is a public interest Scholarship?

Can you say "Pell Grant"? It's free, by the way.................. :roll:

I really don't think $5,500 will get you very far at Georgetown. (2011 figures)

while I really dislike when a person attacks a messenger.. I dislike hypocrites even more..

but really she doesn't need birth control.. :? :???:

TSR said:
Mike said:
Her words TSR what is a public interest Scholarship?

Can you say "Pell Grant"? It's free, by the way.................. :roll:

I really don't think $5,500 will get you very far at Georgetown. (2011 figures)

It's enough to buy contraceptives. Or call the local hooker's union..........

At least Rush wouldn't call her a "Slut" then. She'd be elevated to "Prostitute".

Latest posts