• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NO USDA GRADE ON IMPORTED MEAT

Help Support Ranchers.net:

where are the r-calf successes? there's no mcool, they lost pickett for whatever reason, they couldn't get countervail on canadian imports so i don't see what they have accomplished. that said, i agree that the american (and canadian) rancher needs a cattle organization to represent them. the problem with r-calf is that they have no legitimate achievements and really have only divided the american cattle industry to no good end.

don said:
where are the r-calf successes? there's no mcool, they lost pickett for whatever reason, they couldn't get countervail on canadian imports so i don't see what they have accomplished. that said, i agree that the american (and canadian) rancher needs a cattle organization to represent them. the problem with r-calf is that they have no legitimate achievements and really have only divided the american cattle industry to no good end.

Pickett is not over but I don't really know if r-calf was involved in that. I am not an r-calf follower so I can't argue their case. The american cattle industry needs to be divided on these substantive issues. The packers or allies essentially took over the NCBA and then the USDA. I still don't think you Canadians see the whole captive supply problem. It doesn't help you either, unless you are used as captive supplies and then the help is only marginal and in the very short run. The whole cattle markets are pushed down. The BSE issue is not science based in the USDA and that may eventually come back and bite the whole industry if not corrected.

Conman: "I still don't think you Canadians see the whole captive supply problem. It doesn't help you either, unless you are used as captive supplies and then the help is only marginal and in the very short run. The whole cattle markets are pushed down."

Now the arrogant Conman is telling the Canadian producers what is best for them. How completely pathetic!

Porker: "Captive Supply Reform - You're right - who needs those silly rules to keep the powerful few from hosing the many? They would never do that!

You Nuts or what?"

Where's your proof of this "SUPPOSED" hosing from existing pricing mechanisms?

It's nothing but a bullsh*t allegation until PROVEN otherwise.

Tommy: "Who is the one that does not want a free enterprise system like Creekstone was proposing?"

I don't support a free enterprise system that decieves consumers. You and Sandman can hold hands on that issue.

OCM: "The State of South Dakota should do away with Game Warden's because they interfere with private property rights. We don't want excessive government, do we.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That's an existing government entity that is already in place justified by the public's desire to have their wildlife managed by the public.

Hardly comparable to your desire for ADDITIONAL government regulations that are justified by nothing more than baseless market manipulation conspiracy theories.

Conman: "Why is that SH trapping poor ole coyotes anyway? They are the best gopher getters around. I guess some people like to make up work to have a job."

Who made up work? Controlling predators to protect livestock is as old a profession as ranching. Sure beats being a phony economist that doesn't have a damn clue about this industry.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman: "I still don't think you Canadians see the whole captive supply problem. It doesn't help you either, unless you are used as captive supplies and then the help is only marginal and in the very short run. The whole cattle markets are pushed down."

Now the arrogant Conman is telling the Canadian producers what is best for them. How completely pathetic!

Porker: "Captive Supply Reform - You're right - who needs those silly rules to keep the powerful few from hosing the many? They would never do that!

You Nuts or what?"

Where's your proof of this "SUPPOSED" hosing from existing pricing mechanisms?

It's nothing but a bullsh*t allegation until PROVEN otherwise.

Tommy: "Who is the one that does not want a free enterprise system like Creekstone was proposing?"

I don't support a free enterprise system that decieves consumers. You and Sandman can hold hands on that issue.

OCM: "The State of South Dakota should do away with Game Warden's because they interfere with private property rights. We don't want excessive government, do we.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That's an existing government entity that is already in place justified by the public's desire to have their wildlife managed by the public.

Hardly comparable to your desire for ADDITIONAL government regulations that are justified by nothing more than baseless market manipulation conspiracy theories.

Conman: "Why is that SH trapping poor ole coyotes anyway? They are the best gopher getters around. I guess some people like to make up work to have a job."

Who made up work? Controlling predators to protect livestock is as old a profession as ranching. Sure beats being a phony economist that doesn't have a damn clue about this industry.

~SH~

SH, Canadian cattlemen can come up with what is best for them on their own. They just went throught the whole BSE ordeal and are not completely through it yet. That was a complete packer-made problem. I am not telling them what is best for them, but I am pointing out the economic consequences that sucking up to the packing industry made to them. They had to have a huge taxpayer bailout of their industry and in the process allow the packers huge profits. It doesn't take a genius to see what just happened. Go back to your merry-go-round on that one.

As far as coyotes are concerned, they don't eat that much livestock anyway. Their benefits of rodent population far outweigh their negatives. You are just gettting someone else to pay for your hobby. If coyotes do get to be a problem, a little spotlighting and calling can bring them to heel. Maybe calling a few locals that like to hunt. It doesn't take you getting paid to solve that problem. Are ranchers in South Dakota that depraved that they have lost that ability? In must be a little different where you are.

Conman: "SH, Canadian cattlemen can come up with what is best for them on their own.'

Then why do they have you telling them what is best for them?

Conman: "They just went throught the whole BSE ordeal and are not completely through it yet. That was a complete packer-made problem."

A PACKER MADE PROBLEM???? How do you figure? Your packer blame knows no bounds does it?

I would love to hear your explanation for that one.

Conman: "It doesn't take a genius to see what just happened.'

You're right. BSE was discovered in Canada. USDA closed the border temporarily to determine the extent of the problem and evaluate our precautionary measures and R-CULT capitalized on the Canadian producers situation by filing an injunction to stop Canadian imports of live cattle hiding behind the banner of food safety when their goal was to stop Canadian imports.

Any fool could figure it out.

Conman: "As far as coyotes are concerned, they don't eat that much livestock anyway."

Hahaha!

Ahhhh....ok?

A study was conducted on the Cook Ranch in Western Montana to evaluate the extent of predator losses to coyotes in the absence of predator control. On a thousand head sheep operation coyote losses accounted for 26% of the total lamb crop for three years.

Yup, coyotes don't eat livestock..........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz!

Conman: Their benefits of rodent population far outweigh their negatives."

Predators do not control prey species. Prey species control predator populations by enhancing reproduction. Prey species run their own cycles independent of predator populations. Study after study after study has been conducted to prove that.

Again, you show the world what a complete fool you are.

Conman: "If coyotes do get to be a problem, a little spotlighting and calling can bring them to heel."

If it was that easy, why would any producer sustain huge losses to coyotes if the problems were so easily corrected? Once again, you show the world your complete arrogance. For your sake, I guess it's good to have an alias isn't it?

Conman: "Maybe calling a few locals that like to hunt. It doesn't take you getting paid to solve that problem."

Locals want to hunt when the fur is prime, not when the losses are occuring during the spring of the year.

If producers didn't think predator control was a necessary service, they would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. Producers used to take care of their own problems with toxicants but the government banned compound 1080 and gave the producers an accountable ADC program in it's place.

Conman: "Are ranchers in South Dakota that depraved that they have lost that ability?"

Now the arrogant Conman thinks he knows more about predator control than producers in SD.

You are such a complete phony. Every post you make only reconfirms your complete ignorance.

~SH~

Quote:
Conman: "They just went throught the whole BSE ordeal and are not completely through it yet. That was a complete packer-made problem."

A PACKER MADE PROBLEM???? How do you figure? Your packer blame knows no bounds does it?

Did cows get it from MBM? Who sold MBM?

Hahaha!

Ahhhh....ok?

A study was conducted on the Cook Ranch in Western Montana to evaluate the extent of predator losses to coyotes in the absence of predator control. On a thousand head sheep operation coyote losses accounted for 26% of the total lamb crop for three years.

I knew you were a sheep guy.

~SH~ said:

~SH~

And yet you support the ADDITIONAL governance of mandatory ID. You are quite inconsistent. The Founders ADDED government in 1789. From 1781 to 1789 there was less government than there was later. If ADDITIONAL government is wrong then they were wrong, too.

Conman,

You said BSE was a packer made problem. Explain yourself. How did packers create the BSE problem?

OCM: "And yet you support the ADDITIONAL governance of mandatory ID."

I never said I supported Mandatory ID. I don't support Mandatory ID. I support voluntary ID in branded beef programs.

I know how difficult it is for a so called conservative to accept the fact that you support more government intervention into this industry by your support of "M"COOL, "M"price reporting, and the CSRA.

I'm sorry your hypocrisy is such a personal struggle for you.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman,

You said BSE was a packer made problem. Explain yourself. How did packers create the BSE problem?

OCM: "And yet you support the ADDITIONAL governance of mandatory ID."

I never said I supported Mandatory ID. I don't support Mandatory ID. I support voluntary ID in branded beef programs.

I know how difficult it is for a so called conservative to accept the fact that you support more government intervention into this industry by your support of "M"COOL, "M"price reporting, and the CSRA.

I'm sorry your hypocrisy is such a personal struggle for you.

~SH~
Question for you SH. Why don't you support MID and how will the US ever get a credible ID system implemented without it being mandatory?

I support traceback but I don't believe the government needs to run it. I believe branded beef programs can offer traceback and let the blamers keep supplying the commodity beef industry with non source verified beef.

I don't believe blamers should benefit from the beef checkoff against their will and I don't believe blamers should benefit from a source verification system that they oppose.

Let the free enterprise system run both.

I don't care about shoring up those who don't realize the value in a traceback system by a government mandate nor do I want the government involved other than approving the system.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman: "SH, Canadian cattlemen can come up with what is best for them on their own.'

Then why do they have you telling them what is best for them?

I would love to hear your explanation for that one.

Conman: "It doesn't take a genius to see what just happened.'

You're right. BSE was discovered in Canada. USDA closed the border temporarily to determine the extent of the problem and evaluate our precautionary measures and R-CULT capitalized on the Canadian producers situation by filing an injunction to stop Canadian imports of live cattle hiding behind the banner of food safety when their goal was to stop Canadian imports.

Any fool could figure it out.

Conman: "As far as coyotes are concerned, they don't eat that much livestock anyway."

Hahaha!

Ahhhh....ok?

Conman: Their benefits of rodent population far outweigh their negatives."

Predators do not control prey species. Prey species control predator populations by enhancing reproduction. Prey species run their own cycles independent of predator populations. Study after study after study has been conducted to prove that.

Again, you show the world what a complete fool you are.

Conman: "If coyotes do get to be a problem, a little spotlighting and calling can bring them to heel."

If it was that easy, why would any producer sustain huge losses to coyotes if the problems were so easily corrected? Once again, you show the world your complete arrogance. For your sake, I guess it's good to have an alias isn't it?

Conman: "Maybe calling a few locals that like to hunt. It doesn't take you getting paid to solve that problem."

Locals want to hunt when the fur is prime, not when the losses are occuring during the spring of the year.

If producers didn't think predator control was a necessary service, they would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. Producers used to take care of their own problems with toxicants but the government banned compound 1080 and gave the producers an accountable ADC program in it's place.

Conman: "Are ranchers in South Dakota that depraved that they have lost that ability?"

Now the arrogant Conman thinks he knows more about predator control than producers in SD.

You are such a complete phony. Every post you make only reconfirms your complete ignorance.

~SH~

Is that how you justify being a goverment employee prarie dog,calling sheep "live stock"? I would'nt give you a pinch of owl sh*t for every sheep in TX,seen more than one good pasture ruint by sheep,I wish the coyotes would get every one of them..............Calling sheep live stock is like calling yourself a tracker,you could'nt track a fat squaw in a foot of snow.............good luck

The Canadian ID system was voluntary, desinged by producers and run by a non profit arms length organization. It became mandatory but not by government decree, it is still a producer driven ID system. I haven't heard 1 producer say they wish we didn't have it since BSE.

Hayboy: "Is that how you justify being a goverment employee prarie dog,calling sheep "live stock"? I would'nt give you a pinch of owl sh*t for every sheep in TX,seen more than one good pasture ruint by sheep,I wish the coyotes would get every one of them..............Calling sheep live stock is like calling yourself a tracker,you could'nt track a fat squaw in a foot of snow.............good luck"

Congratulations Hayboy!

You composed another original thought. See, if you use a little imagination you don't have to rely on posting Wes Ishmael's comments as your own.

I'm proud of you!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Hayboy: "Is that how you justify being a goverment employee prarie dog,calling sheep "live stock"? I would'nt give you a pinch of owl sh*t for every sheep in TX,seen more than one good pasture ruint by sheep,I wish the coyotes would get every one of them..............Calling sheep live stock is like calling yourself a tracker,you could'nt track a fat squaw in a foot of snow.............good luck"

Congratulations Hayboy!

You composed another original thought. See, if you use a little imagination you don't have to rely on posting Wes Ishmael's comments as your own.

I'm proud of you!

~SH~

Careful boy,you remember what happened the last time you started that lieing mess,cost you $100 to my favorite cattle mans assc. I might add :D :D :D :D ..............good luck

Jason said:
The Canadian ID system was voluntary, desinged by producers and run by a non profit arms length organization. It became mandatory but not by government decree, it is still a producer driven ID system. I haven't heard 1 producer say they wish we didn't have it since BSE.
There was a grace period at the beginning of our MID system but the intention was to make it madatory all along. I don't believe a voluntary system would work. There were naysayers but as Jason writes they are now either believers or out of business.

Latest posts