• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

None of the Above

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Poll: 58% of Republicans want more presidential choices

By Brian Montopoli

The nominating process may officially be underway, but Republicans have yet to enthusiastically embrace a potential nominee for president - and despite the late date, most would like to see other candidates enter the race, according to a new CBS News poll.

The survey finds that 58 percent of Republican primary voters want more presidential choices, while just 37 percent say they are satisfied with the current field. The percentage of Republican primary voters that wants more choices has increased 12 percentage points since October.

Oldtimer said:

By Brian Montopoli

The nominating process may officially be underway, but Republicans have yet to enthusiastically embrace a potential nominee for president - and despite the late date, most would like to see other candidates enter the race, according to a new CBS News poll.

The survey finds that 58 percent of Republican primary voters want more presidential choices, while just 37 percent say they are satisfied with the current field. The percentage of Republican primary voters that wants more choices has increased 12 percentage points since October.

None of them are perfect. I'm still undecided. For sure NOT Ron Paul and NOT Romney. Sure wish Sarah Palin would jump in....

In November, 36.0% of American Adults identified themselves as Republicans; 34.7% considered themselves Democrats, and 29.3% were not affiliated with either major party. That's the largest number of Republicans since February 2005 and the first time ever that Rasmussen Reports polling has found more people identifying as Republicans than Democrats. …

In November 2008, following the presidential election, Democrats held a 7.6 percentage point advantage over the GOP. That means Republicans have picked up a net of approximately nine points over the past two years. That is a somewhat larger gain compared to the Democratic gains from the reelection of President Bush in 2004 to the Democratic takeover of Congress in 2006. However, it is similar to the gains recorded by Democrats during the four-year period from Election 2004 to Election 2008.

Oldtimer said:

By Brian Montopoli

That has to be one of the most stupid questions. Americans are notorious for wanting more choices, they always will. They will want more choices in candidates until they get someone just like them. That isn't possible.

Oldtimer said:

By Brian Montopoli

We DO have a choice...You're screwed.

TexasBred said:
Oldtimer said:

By Brian Montopoli

Not really- I haven't sold my soul to a cult like so many of you have- so that you have to vote for whoever/whatever your cult leaders tell you to...

I still have the ability to think for myself- and then make my choices from a broader spectrum... :)

Oldtimer said:
TexasBred said:

Not really- I haven't sold my soul to a cult like so many of you have- so that you have to vote for whoever/whatever your cult leaders tell you to...

I still have the ability to think for myself- and then make my choices from a broader spectrum... :)

Yep, seems you'll vote for anybody that spends money like it grows on trees......

What bothers me is the attitude many folks have that, "I will not vote for the 'lesser of two evils.' " This is pure B.S. No matter who is running, no one is "perfect," but one will certainly be a better choice than the other. In the last election, John McCain was a long ways from "perfect." Barack Hussein Obama was even further from being "perfect." Consequently, many folks who didn't like either one of them just stayed home and didn't vote at all. This is stupid. As bad as McCain was, he would still have been head and shoulders above Obama. At least John McCain loves his country and is patriotic, which is more than can be said about our current president.

As Americans, we live in the best country in the world. We have a privilege to go to the polls to vote for the candidates of our choice. We should not only feel very blessed to have this privilege, but we should also consider it our duty. Be sure to vote when given the opportunity, but be honest enough to just vote once. Be sure to vote, but for goodness sake, pick the one that is "less evil" than the other.

Oldtimer said:

I hate to be the one to break it to you, Oldtimer, but you are not one bit smarter than any of the rest of us.

When you going to start using that ability thinking for yourself???
You have been brainwashed by the liberal press into thinking BUSH BUST,,,OBAMA good...NEWT bad, Romnny BAD,,,Santourm evil... And even worse you think people admire YOU
:roll: :roll:

hopalong said:
Oldtimer said:

You have been brainwashed by the liberal press into thinking BUSH BUST,,,OBAMA good...NEWT bad, Romnny BAD,,,Santourm evil... And even worse you think people admire YOU

From Oldtimer's perspective, if you have conservative Republican ideals you are in a cult, but if you are liberal and think like him and all other Democrats, you "have the ability to think for yourself and make choices from a broader spectrum." Yeah, right. :roll:

soapweed wrote:
What bothers me is the attitude many folks have that, "I will not vote for the 'lesser of two evils.' " This is pure B.S. No matter who is running, no one is "perfect," but one will certainly be a better choice than the other. In the last election, John McCain was a long ways from "perfect." Barack Hussein Obama was even further from being "perfect." Consequently, many folks who didn't like either one of them just stayed home and didn't vote at all. This is stupid. As bad as McCain was, he would still have been head and shoulders above Obama. At least John McCain loves his country and is patriotic, which is more than can be said about our current president.

As Americans, we live in the best country in the world. We have a privilege to go to the polls to vote for the candidates of our choice. We should not only feel very blessed to have this privilege, but we should also consider it our duty. Be sure to vote when given the opportunity, but be honest enough to just vote once. Be sure to vote, but for goodness sake, pick the one that is "less evil" than the other.

Soap- voting for "the lesser of two evils " is still voting for evil?
How can we then stand before our God and ask him to "deliver us from evil" when we were the ones that chose evil?
yes no one is perfect- yes we can be decieved- etc. but we can not continue to vote for someone/thing that we know in our hearts is even partially evil- even if it is just to vote against the more evil one.
How can we as a nation ask God the Bless us when we have chosen evil?

Soapweed said:

Oldtimer said:

I hate to be the one to break it to you, Oldtimer, but you are not one bit smarter than any of the rest of us.

Well soap at least Oldtimer doesn't try to judge one candidates love of country and patriotism over another one. That was a pure line of bs if I have ever heard it.

Lonecowboy said:
soapweed wrote:

How can we then stand before our God and ask him to "deliver us from evil" when we were the ones that chose evil?
yes no one is perfect- yes we can be decieved- etc. but we can not continue to vote for someone/thing that we know in our hearts is even partially evil- even if it is just to vote against the more evil one.

Then anme the perfect candidate, no hedging..the PERFECT candidate. Anything less is voting for the lesser of two evils.

Well bullhumper the B.S. you have been hearing comes from the liberals, :wink:

Soapweed said:
hopalong said:
Oldtimer said:

From Oldtimer's perspective, if you have conservative Republican ideals you are in a cult, but if you are liberal and think like him and all other Democrats, you "have the ability to think for yourself and make choices from a broader spectrum." Yeah, right. :roll:

Sorry to have to break your bubble and bring you into the real world Soap- but Democrat is a cult too- just like the Republicans... When you make your decision on who to vote for just because they have an (R) or a (D) by their name- and been chosen by the cult leaders- you are a cultist...

cult /kʌlt/ Show Spelled[kuhlt]
noun
1. a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
3. the object of such devotion.
4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.

Larrry said:
Lonecowboy said:
soapweed wrote:

Then anme the perfect candidate, no hedging..the PERFECT candidate. Anything less is voting for the lesser of two evils.

If you were adressing that to me larry I'm not sure what you said??

Bullhauler said:
Soapweed said:

Oldtimer said:

Well soap at least Oldtimer doesn't try to judge one candidates love of country and patriotism over another one. That was a pure line of bs if I have ever heard it.

obamas action have left numerous reason to question his patriotism. Time after time after time. To not see that one has to have their head up obamas rear so far he can read obama teleprompter

Lonecowboy said:
Larrry said:
Lonecowboy said:
soapweed wrote:

If you were adressing that to me larry I'm not sure what you said??
\
I want you to NAME the PERFECT candidate

Latest posts