• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Normal Rainfall???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

2003 total rainfall for my area was 44.18 inches
2004 total rainfall was 56.27 inches
2005...........................................28.98 inches with the biggest majority of that coming in jan feb and march.

Lets all pray, do a lil dance, or whatever it takes for some rain to fall on Texas soon!!!

Greatest one day rainfall: 13.39 inches set on October 16, 1994

In 2003 the end of June we got 4" in about 3 hours and then about 30 hours later we got 5" in two hours. Total of 9 inches in about 2 and 1/2 days!

For us it seened devistating but now after we watch what happens in other areas we are just thankful. This was an inconviece. A few basements flooded and some minor road damage but overall just an agrivation.

Many, many of the people feel having a pond is a status symbol and so there are more than ever around here and they all contribute to flood control as the state requires private ponds to be build to "retention pond" specifications.

I remember that rain, in 94, here at the house it rained solid for 4 days, it was a tropical depression that came in and just kinda sat here on top of us for a while, that one day we got alottt of rain, but over the 4 days we got 25 inches. That's the most water I've seen in my whole life without goin to the beach. LOL

Latest posts