• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

North Carolina - Bad news for Bush

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Link below; my emphasis.

"More than half of North Carolina military members surveyed in the latest Elon University poll disapprove of President Bush's handling of the war in Iraq and his overall job performance.

Nearly 53 percent of military members said they strongly disapproved or disapproved of Bush's handling of his job. Just more than 56 percent of the same group strongly disapproved or disapproved of how he has dealt with the Iraq war.

Overall, 53 percent of those surveyed for the poll released yesterday did not approve of Bush's job performance, while 57 percent did not approve of his handling of the Iraq war."

57% negatives. Wow. When North Carolina, a proud military and patriotic state, turns against the war, it's in trouble.

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1128767822380&path=%21localnews%21section%21article&s=1037645509099

Thats all well and good BUT you have to read the whole story.

Of the 539 adults surveyed for the Elon poll, 80 - or 14.8 percent of the sample - were active-duty, reserve, retired or veteran members of the military.The telephone poll was conducted between Monday and Thursday and has a margin of error for the entire sample of plus or minus 4.3 percentage points.

So what they are saying is they called during the day when working people are not at home. For them to say NC's Military does NOT support is a stretch. How can you say that 14.5% is a majority?

As usual, Dis is selective with his/her facts. If you point this out though, don't ever expect to get a response. When proven wrong, he/she just ignores the fact and keeps on posting about new topics. It's been proven time and again.

Wow. When North Carolina, a proud military and patriotic state, turns against the war, it's in trouble.

Also, they said they disapproved of BUSH'S HANDLING OF THE WAR, not the war itself. Big difference.

Overall, 53 percent of those surveyed for the poll released yesterday did not approve of Bush's job performance, while 57 percent did not approve of his handling of the Iraq war."

What got me was the number of people the polled......I teach in an elementary school ( 1 of 117 elm. schools K-5th grade) We have 638 students alone in that one school. We are one of the smallest schools in Charlotte.
Well when you start to say things about my state you better have facts NOT opionions.

What concearns me is the fact this is a " volenteer" militarty, when these people enlisted they had to have had some kinda idea that someday they might be called upon to serve duty on foreign soil and yes, might even have to fight, such as i did when i joined the USMC in 86 to 91. I had the pleasure of going to the first go around when we helped liberate Kuwait. At that time it was not in my best intrest to question or make opinion of WHY, WHO or WHATFOR, I folowed orders from my comander in cheif and did so proudly.

In todays time ther is too many people that are against the upper power at hand, the last times in history the masses raised against the leadership
we ended up with a Revolution then a 100 years later a cival war. I dont think our country is to that point yet as to divide into catagorys that might plunge us into kaos, but its food for thot.

I might also say im glad i dont serve with these people now, I think it would be hard to trust a fellow Marine to watch my back knowing he was in disagreence with the purpose at hand.

In short, you volenteerd, you took a oath. the reasons may vary from free ride education or an excuse to escape main steam work force, But the fact remains they are still soldjers,marines,sailors or avaiators with a duty to our elected comander and cheif.

america love it or leave it

HorseShoer said:
What concearns me is the fact this is a " volenteer" militarty, when these people enlisted they had to have had some kinda idea that someday they might be called upon to serve duty on foreign soil and yes, might even have to fight, such as i did when i joined the USMC in 86 to 91. I had the pleasure of going to the first go around when we helped liberate Kuwait. At that time it was not in my best intrest to question or make opinion of WHY, WHO or WHATFOR, I folowed orders from my comander in cheif and did so proudly.

Shame on you and shame on the pro-war people on this board for allowing this post to go unanswered. First, about half the people serving in Iraq are National Guard troops. They never expected or had any reason to expect to be called up for years of active duty. Second, your war was justified. The world stood at George I's side in that war. It's not ever acceptable for active duty soldiers to make political decisions. That's not the way our military works.

In todays time ther is too many people that are against the upper power at hand, the last times in history the masses raised against the leadership
we ended up with a Revolution then a 100 years later a cival war. I dont think our country is to that point yet as to divide into catagorys that might plunge us into kaos, but its food for thot.

We're going to have an election next year. I'm hopefull the "masses" will raise up against "leadership" (that's Cheney, right?) and put more Democrats in the House and Senate. We don't have to go to war in this country to get a new government.

I might also say im glad i dont serve with these people now, I think it would be hard to trust a fellow Marine to watch my back knowing he was in disagreence with the purpose at hand.

Again, shame on you for knocking our military. They're doing the job as best they can. They were not trained to rebuild a country. That's the State Department's job after the military has won the day. The problem in Iraq is the total incompetence of the Bush Administration. Our soldiers are left (just as they were in Vietnam) fighting a moving target while politicians argue and scheme.

In short, you volenteerd, you took a oath. the reasons may vary from free ride education or an excuse to escape main steam work force, But the fact remains they are still soldjers,marines,sailors or avaiators with a duty to our elected comander and cheif.

Yes they did. And it's a shame their commander in chief has no more regard for their lives than Bush has.

america love it or leave it

I love it and will not leave. A true patriot is one who realizes there are problems and is willing to work to fix them. A false patriot is one who falls in with the powers that be and agrees with whatever they do, no matter how bad it is for the country.

Shame on you and shame on the pro-war people on this board for allowing this post to go unanswered. First, about half the people serving in Iraq are National Guard troops. They never expected or had any reason to expect to be called up for years of active duty. Second, your war was justified. The world stood at George I's side in that war. It's not ever acceptable for active duty soldiers to make political decisions. That's not the way our military works.

wasnt the fact that the second week in boot camp they had rifle training a dead give away?? that someday they might actully have to fire the damm thing at another person?

remove the daisy from your gun barrel then you can join them

[/quote]We're going to have an election next year. I'm hopefull the "masses" will raise up against "leadership" (that's Cheney, right?) and put more Democrats in the House and Senate. We don't have to go to war in this country to get a new government.

Since it is an ODD year...really WHO is being elected?????
Senators?? NOPE
Representatives??? NOPE
This Election is about municiple ie city, county or in other words LOCAL hmmmmmmmmm getting slack on me ;)

We're going to have an election next year. I'm hopefull the "masses" will raise up against "leadership" (that's Cheney, right?) and put more Democrats in the House and Senate. We don't have to go to war in this country to get a new government.

Senators?? NOPE
Representatives??? NOPE
This Election is about municiple ie city, county or in other words LOCAL hm
mmmmmmmm getting slack on me ;)[/quote]\ I would think a school teacher would have better reading comprehension skills. Just what part of "We're going to have an election next year" don't you understand? Maybe you don't know what year it is "next year"? Good grief I sure hope my kids teachers can read better then you can.

Senators?? NOPE
Representatives??? NOPE
This Election is about municiple ie city, county or in other words LOCAL hmmmmmmmmm getting slack on me ;)[/quote]

33 Senators, 36 Governors and the entire House of Representatives will disagree with you MsSage :wink: .......

OPPSSS yeap your right I was thinking THIS year since I am getting ready for next Tuesday.
YES I can read but I am sure you along with everyone else has made atleast ONE mistake........ GOOD GAWD ya want to grovel or will I am sorry do????
Steve untill you have seen me teach do not "ass u me" you KNOW what kind of teacher I am.

Latest posts