• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Norton Security gone

Help Support Ranchers.net:

feeder

Reaction score
I have had so much trouble with my Norton virus protection. I even called tech support which I think has been outsourced to India for help. They finally told me they tried long enough to correct whatever problems I had so I just needed to hang up. Too bad so sad. The son installed a FREE virus protection by the name of AVG on my computer and wow what a difference. My high speed internet is now again high speed, emails are being scanned at warp speed, what a blessing!!!

We've had AVG for the three years we've had the computer,its been great,the best part "Free"

feeder said:
I have had so much trouble with my Norton virus protection. I even called tech support which I think has been outsourced to India for help. They finally told me they tried long enough to correct whatever problems I had so I just needed to hang up. Too bad so sad. The son installed a FREE virus protection by the name of AVG on my computer and wow what a difference. My high speed internet is now again high speed, emails are being scanned at warp speed, what a blessing!!!

feeder,I dont use these virus protections that are being hawked around the web,as a matter of fact I havent used a virus protector in a couple years.
I think most "ISP" has the virus deal covered,I know mine does, the last thing they want is a virus in their system,so you might be protected already.
good luck

Haymaker, what a brave man you are surfing the web UNPROTECTED!!! Oh. that's right you said yours was built in.

feeder said:
Haymaker, what a brave man you are surfing the web UNPROTECTED!!! Oh. that's right you said yours was built in.

Maybe I just been lucky but,I dont "surf" much, ranchersnet the weather and news is about all I do.
good luck

I'm planning to switch to AVG too, as soon as I can get up the patience for the 3 hour plus download over my dumb dialup connection. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

My sons both use it and they like it a lot.

Kato said:
I'm planning to switch to AVG too, as soon as I can get up the patience for the 3 hour plus download over my dumb dialup connection. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

My sons both use it and they like it a lot.
If your sons have high speed, have them download the installation setup to a CD, and run it from there.

You will spend a lot longer getting Nortons off than you will AVG on.

There is a program from Norton that is supposed to remove their software. It is called Norton_Software_Removal_Tool.exe.

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&docid=2006032009205413&nsf=sharedtech.nsf&view=docid&pid=2006032009205413&pkb=sharedtech

Frankly, I would take it to a service center or a computer professional to get rid of Nortons. There are too many registry entries and hidden files to mess with, and if you screw the wrong registry entry, you are in trouble. If you simply "uninstall" Nortons there will be a lot of their stuff still running in the back ground, slowing down your computer and using up resources. If you are comfortable working in the registry files and can locate and deal with the dll's and other files, then I would simply google "unistall nortons" and see what comes up.

Latest posts