• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NOT A Hate Crime?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
I guess he did it out of love for his fellow man:

Police are looking for a man who stabbed a pedestrian on Long Island after asking him for a dollar.

Nassau County police say the 27-year-old victim was walking on Nassau Road in Roosevelt Monday evening when the suspect approached and asked him for one dollar.

The victim said he didn't have any money and continued walking.

Police say the suspect followed him and then pulled out a knife and stabbed him in the stomach and hand multiple times.

A passing motorist scared the suspect off. He fled, empty-handed, in an unknown direction.

The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was listed in stable condition.

The suspect is described as a black man about 5'7" with a medium build. He was last seen wearing a red and black New York Yankees hat, black hoodie and blue jeans, police said.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.

The investigation is ongoing.

Mike said:

Police are looking for a man who stabbed a pedestrian on Long Island after asking him for a dollar.

Nassau County police say the 27-year-old victim was walking on Nassau Road in Roosevelt Monday evening when the suspect approached and asked him for one dollar.

Police say the suspect followed him and then pulled out a knife and stabbed him in the stomach and hand multiple times.

A passing motorist scared the suspect off. He fled, empty-handed, in an unknown direction.

The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was listed in stable condition.

The suspect is described as a black man about 5'7" with a medium build. He was last seen wearing a red and black New York Yankees hat, black hoodie and blue jeans, police said.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.

the only hate crime here is you mikey, coming here everyday trying to incite the white man.
seems mikey (Auburn University) (the grandwizard) has spoken. he must have been busy again last night, out patrolling our neighborhoods to rid them of those pesky black folks, damn them. you must have had another looong night mikey. mikey likes to incite his like, stir the pot each and every day. mikey would be happy if the USA had a middle eastern type spring.

again mikey i say, be very careful what you wish for. ...

see this hate crime mikey, and dont forget, for each black on white hate crime you can dig up to encite or to get a rise from your fellow racist bigots here, you have white on black as well ;

Video shows white teens driving over, killing black man, says DA

By Drew Griffin and Scott Bronstein, CNN Special Investigations

August 8, 2011 2:49 p.m. EDT

murder of a man he never knew...

accused of leading a group of white teens, to beat up anyone black.

7 white teens...in search of a black person to mess with...out of hate...racial motivated...hate motivated...to kill a black victim...teens in two vehicles...racial slurs, and then a continuous beating, screaming white power, leaving he beating and on the ground...then their F-250 pickup, and then ran over his black victim...pure racial hatred and murder....he said, i ran that nigger over...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/06/mississippi.hate.crime/index.html

apparently this is what mike from Auburn University was educated in...this is what mike likes to entice and incite every day on ranchers.net. mike is a very sad, and racist individual.

mikey, i think i know why you are not big enough to post your identification and where you live, i understand totally. besides being a coward, you are just a scared and racist individual...very sad, i feel sorry for your family...

i will pray for you mike...

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=532037#532037

blah blah blah blah flipper!
Seems to me like you have HATE for Mike :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
And hate for ranchers!
And hate for cattle.
Too bad you have so much hate in you, cause i do not think you are truly a bad person, just uninformed and mis directed. too bad Terry

hopalong said:
And hate for ranchers!
And hate for cattle.
Too bad you have so much hate in you, cause i do not think you are truly a bad person, just uninformed and mis directed. too bad Terry

ya know hopalong, you always taking up for mikey here after every post, i am beginning to think there is much more between you and mike here, than meets the eye :pretty:

:lol2: :lol: :nod: :tiphat: :wave:

flounder said:
hopalong said:
And hate for ranchers!
And hate for cattle.

ya know hopalong, you always taking up for mikey here after every post, i am beginning to think there is much more between you and mike here, than meets the eye :pretty:

Terry, You're just plain mean... Knock it off.... If you don't have substance to add to the conversation stay out of it.... Go back to the bull session part... You've stunkl that up and now your down here doing the same.... seesh!!

flounder said:
hopalong said:
And hate for ranchers!
And hate for cattle.

You and oldtimer would think that Terry, both looking for zippers??????

Your hate is sooooo obvious that you lose credibility every time you post! and that hurts your cause to bring attention to he cause of your mothers death!! that is inexcusable, you are pathetic

hopalong said:
flounder said:
hopalong said:
And hate for ranchers!
And hate for cattle.

You and oldtimer would think that Terry, both looking for zippers??????

Your hate is sooooo obvious that you lose credibility every time you post! and that hurts your cause to bring attention to he cause of your mothers death!! that is inexcusable, you are pathetic

i did not think this was just a right wing ********* racist board.

i did not think this was just mike's board to spread his white racist bigotry hate threads, to incite the rest of his clan.

sorry, my bad :roll:

That is OK Terry, we forgive you for your transgressions just as Jesus will forgive you for your faults, no matter how far you go overboard in your HATE for ranchers, cattlemen, cows, MIKE myself and others on here!
Jesus will forgive you just as WE do!!!! :D :D :D :D

katrina said:
*********??!!!! You jerk.... :mad: Shame on you!!!

Yep you got the racist mike spouting his usual drivel and it is the use of the word ********* that gets you all riled up. Oh cry me a river.

BS Hauler & Founder....... would it be better to say the alleged perp in the original post was just having a "nigga moment"? I suppose you two think he should get a pass?

Shame on you guys didn't you know Blacks can't be racist.
Everyone who didn't vote for obama is a racist.

Do libs come on here to act stupid and say stupid things, or are they just Really Stupid?

katrina said:
flounder said:
hopalong said:
And hate for ranchers!
And hate for cattle.

Terry, You're just plain mean... Knock it off.... If you don't have substance to add to the conversation stay out of it.... Go back to the bull session part... You've stunkl that up and now your down here doing the same.... seesh!!

:clap:

Mike said:

Man calls alleged beating at downtown bus stop hate crime

By ANITA HASSAN, HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Updated 09:33 a.m., Thursday, August 25, 2011

Just before he blacked out, Yondell Johnson recalled lying on a downtown Houston sidewalk, blood trickling out of his nose and mouth while a group of men stomped and kicked his face.

Only moments before, the 29-year-old Johnson had been quietly sitting at a bus stop at Travis and McKinney, happily thinking about the day he just spent visiting with his 12-year-old daughter.

That's when Johnson, who's black, said he was approached by four shirtless white men asking for the time. Before he knew it, Johnson said the men were yelling at him, calling him the N-word. A brawl ensued, and the men eventually overtook Johnson.

Police arrested the four suspects shortly after the incident, which occurred just before midnight Aug. 13. Each was charged with misdemeanor assault in the beating.

Johnson said he believes he is not only the victim of assault but also of a hate crime.

Although Houston Police Department officers also reported the incident included racial slurs from the four suspects toward Johnson, the Harris County District Attorney's Office has not charged any of the men with a hate crime.

Class A misdemeanor

In a statement Wednesday, the DA's office said decisions to enhance charges with hate crimes are made after a criminal charge is filed. After the office investigates the evidence, the trial prosecutor determines if bias or prejudice can be proven, according to the statement.

"Any time there are allegations of a hate crime, we investigate," said Harris County District Attorney Pat Lykos, adding that this case is still under investigation.

The DA's office also noted that state law specifies which offenses can be enhanced with hate crime allegations.

For class A misdemeanors, as in this case, the maximum possible punishment - up to a year in jail - does not change with a hate crime finding.

However, minimum jail time for the charge can be 180 days if the jury makes a finding of bias or prejudice. Otherwise, there is no minumum jail time for class A misdemeanor convictions.

Local activists say including the hate crime in the case is as much about the principle as it is punishment.

Authorities identifying an incident as a hate crime creates public awareness and helps track the issue, said local activist Deric Muhammad, who held a news conference about Johnson's case in front of the Harris County Criminal Courthouse on Wednesday morning.

"Every hate crime should be put on record," he said.

The four suspects charged in the case are Brian Kerstetter, 32, Michael Joe McLaughlin, 40, Charles Allen Cannon, 25, and Joseph Staggs, 48. They are in the Harris County Jail.

Kerstetter, Cannon and McLaughlin all have criminal records in Harris County. Attorneys for Kerstetter and Cannon, whose criminal records include previous assault convictions, did not return phone calls for comment.

McLaughlin's attorney, Robert Cardenas, refused to comment on the case.

Staggs' attorney, Sergio T. Miranda, said his client, who is from San Antonio, told him he had nothing to do with the crime and didn't know the other three defendants. Miranda said his client said he was arrested because of his proximity to the incident.

N-word used, victim says

For Johnson, the events that unfolded earlier this month on that downtown street corner still feel surreal.

"I couldn't even imagine that they were doing that to me," he said. "I was just like destroyed."

He said he knew something terrible was going to happen when he saw the reflection of the men walking up behind him that night. After calling him the N-word, he said, they tried to swing at him.

An amateur competitive boxer, Johnson said he was able to fend them off for about 10 minutes before one of them grabbed him by the ankles, bringing him to the ground. One of the men then held Johnson down, while the other three began to beat him.

When he regained consciousness, Johnson said he followed the group, who had run from the bus stop, and fought them until police arrived.

For now, Johnson said he is just happy he's alive and gets to go home to his daughter.

"Anything could have happened," he said. "They could have kicked me till I was dead."

[email protected].

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Man-calls-alleged-beating-at-downtown-bus-stop-2139952.php

Police arrested the four suspects shortly after the incident, which occurred just before midnight Aug. 13. Each was charged with misdemeanor assault in the beating. ...

wonder why ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_JNNrCebvU&playnext=1&list=PL3C7A0F270CD5D6BB

Hateful looking little worm, isn't he? :lol: :lol:

Let's see, he pizzed off Ranchers, Cattlemen, Feeders, Packers, Cattle Organizations, USDA,,,,,, now Hunters, and Taxidermists. Who's left?

http://www.texashuntfish.com/app/view/Post/23566/SUPPORT-HB-4214-Texas-Relating-to-the-business-of-taxidermy-providing-penalties-AND-HELP-PREVENT-CWD

As stated Terry does more to discredit his cause than he helps it,,, maybe that is his true intentions, to ruin the lives of everyone especially his!!

hopalong said:
As stated Terry does more to discredit his cause than he helps it,,, maybe that is his true intentions, to ruin the lives of everyone especially his!!

mike posted ;

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:22 am

Post subject: Time To Get Tough Whitey!!!

flounder said:
hopalong said:

mike posted ;

Terry, Terry, Terry y0u just don't get it do you. it is just not Mikes postings at all it is mostly you

:D

Terry, Terry, Terry y0u just don't get it do you. it is just not Mikes postings at all it is you get a real life and quit dis crediting the memory of your sweet mother :mad:

flounder said:
hopalong said:

mike posted ;

this post is a reminder for mike, THE DREAM STILL LIVES DUMMY !!!

The MLK Monument: A Reminder of Dreams Yet Unfulfilled

Posted: 8/25/11 12:20 PM ET

UPDATE: Sunday's official dedication of the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial has been postponed due to the approach of Hurricane Irene and will be rescheduled for sometime in September or October. Today's Table of Brotherhood event, which I am speaking at, will go forward as planned. The King memorial opened to the public on Monday, so those in town for the dedication will still be able to visit it.

ORIGINAL POST: On Sunday, the 48th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech, the National Memorial honoring his life and legacy will be formally dedicated. The 30-foot statue of Dr. King emerging from a chunk of granite is the first monument on the National Mall honoring an African American.

To mark the occasion, over the last month Chevrolet has sponsored the Table of Brotherhood Project, fostering conversations among people of all ages, races, and backgrounds about education, racial and economic justice, equality of opportunity -- the issues that compelled King to action during his life.

Today, along with Jesse Jackson, John Conyers, Norman Mineta, Debra Lee, Andrew Young, and many others, I'll be in Washington to take part in the Project's closing event.

The King memorial, which sits on four acres near the Tidal Basin, includes a bookstore and a wall filled with some of King's great quotes. It opened to the public on Monday, and is a fitting tribute to the slain civil rights leader's gifts for using words to move hearts and change history.

Its design was inspired by a line from the "Dream" speech: "With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope." According to Ed Jackson Jr., who designed the memorial, the chunk of granite King is seen rising out of represents the stone of hope, and a pair of massive boulders that form a path leading to the statue are meant to evoke the mountains of despair.

The tension between hope and despair is fitting, given the unfulfilled nature of so many of King's hopes and dreams for America. Most people forget -- or never knew -- that his historic "Dream" speech was delivered at the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom -- and that his main message was not one of racial but of economic equality. Economic equality that remains painfully elusive at a time when black unemployment is much higher than the national average, an appalling 41 percent of black teenagers can't find a job, and African-American households have 20 times less wealth than white households -- with blacks experiencing a 53 percent drop in wealth from 2005 to 2009 (whites lost only 16 percent during that same period).

With our political leaders obsessed with deficits, and jobs still on the policy backburner, another March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom is desperately needed.

And King's dream of the future of America's children being driven by the content of their character and not their race or class still remains a dream in a country where one in three black children live in poverty, as opposed to one in ten white children.

As Newark Mayor Cory Booker put it in an eloquent post on this site about the need for all of us to take up Dr. King's dream and "dream a dream that is strong, stubborn and relentless":

Still in America, one's destiny is not determined by merit alone; by how hard one is willing to work, by one's innate acumen or by how much one is willing to sacrifice for their dreams and ambitions. Instead, destinies in America are strongly and even savagely influenced by the zip code one is born in, how much money one's parents have, or put simply, whether one is fortunate enough -- lucky enough -- to have access to decent, safe housing, adequate health care and a thorough education. Frustratingly, decades after some of the most compelling and articulate dreamers gifted our nation progress, we still live in a country where race and socio-economic status are stubbornly, strongly and undeniably correlated with the quality of one's life outcomes.

This is a problem that transcends partisan debate and strikes at the very core of our country's destiny.

As a McKinsey & Company study on "The Economic Impact of the Racial Achievement Gap" reported: "The underutilization of human potential in the United States is extremely costly." The study found that the gap between the performance of black students and white students "imposes on the United States the economic equivalent of a permanent national recession. The recurring annual economic cost of the international achievement gap is substantially larger than the deep recession the United States is currently experiencing."

So whether you are focusing on the economic impact of underutilized human resources or on the injustice of entire swaths of our population being forced to deal with poor schools, poor health care, and unrelenting poverty -- the end goal is the same: we need to make sure we don't limit America's future by limiting the potential of our children.

That's why the dedication of the King monument couldn't come at a more opportune time. Hopefully it will refocus our attention on the principles he stood for -- and remind us what authentic leadership looks like.

Unlike most of our current so-called leaders, who derive power from the offices they hold, King's leadership grew out of his moral authority and ability to inspire. He was the ultimate internal leader.

Internal leadership comes from an inner force that compels you to make the world a better place. "There comes a time," Dr. King said in 1968, "when one must take a position that is neither safe nor politic nor popular, but he must do it because conscience tells him it is right." King wasn't steered by the latest poll results; his direction came from an internal compass.

On Friday, I'll join thousands of other Americans paying tribute to King. At Sunday's formal dedication, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Jamie Foxx, and Berry Gordy will be among those leading the ceremony -- topped off by a speech by President Obama.

For those who can't make it to D.C. this weekend, check out Chevrolet's Table of Brotherhood Project, which allows online visitors to post photos, videos and links, and create talking points for conversations. The name of the project is taken from one of the most memorable lines from the "Dream" speech: "I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood."

The recitation of many of Dr. King's quotes will no doubt be a big part of this weekend's events. Let's hope that by reacquainting ourselves with his still-powerful words, all of us -- from our leaders in Washington to ordinary Americans across the country -- can tap into the better angels he was guided by, and summon the empathy and compassion -- and the willingness to act on them -- that are his most enduring legacies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/mlk-monument-dc_b_936345.html

Latest posts