• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Not Sure

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hey Northern, sounds like a great idea! I love your sense of humor. You make me laugh every day, you too Pure Country. Keep it coming.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is better entertainment than any show on TV, and cleaner! Just add Jigs and we really have the home grown entertainment show!

Thanks for the :lol:

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Meadow Lake How Do We Do It!!!!

What is the secret behind Meadow Lake's unrivalled success at producing high caliber hockey players. Per capita nowhere in Canada has more players playing professional hockey or high caliber junior or collegiate hockey. Is it something in the water-I doubt it but a baptismal dip in Bear Creek might not be bad insurance for any hockey stars to be- born in the near future. Seriously though why does our minor hockey system produce a steady stream of hockey talent-a look down through the age divisions shows that the stream isn't about to stop in the near future. Is it coaching-we have some very good and dedicated coaches but so do many other places. Is it extra icetime-no it's DEFINITELY not extra icetime-in fact opposing coaches marvel at the way or kids play with the minimal practice time that they do get.

I think that there a few intangibles that Meadow Lake brings to the table that other towns maybe haven't figured out yet. One thing that is readily apparent as one travels around rinks in Saskatchewan and other provinces is the level of class exhibited by our fans, coaches and players-it takes character to succeed and the zero tolerance policy towards abuse etc that Meadow Lake follows is the first step to building that character.

The main thing though that allows our little centre to develop hockey players like we do is we've recognized you don't have to field winning teams to develop athletes. It is far better off to compete at a high level and perhaps lose than to go undefeated playing teams below your caliber. Other towns are filled with players that 'should of played higher BUT… Meadow Lake is filled with players who could of played at a higher level and DID.

Right now our hockey association is becoming a victim of our own success-minor hockey is growing by leaps and bounds and our one ice surface is taxed to the limits. Unfortunately there are people with the best intentions that are perceiving the icetime issues as an 'Us against Them' battle between the different tiers of hockey played here. The player who wants to play House or Tier Two hockey should be respected but so should the players who want to push themselves in Tier One hockey or beyond. What is the perfect solution to this-quite frankly there isn't one. There will have to be compromises made but lets hope the dreams and aspirations of ALL our minor hockey players don't become a victim.

Well here is my first kick at the cat-they said I can write about anything I want. Do you weant me to screen all of them by my sharpest critics.

Turkey Track Bar said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is better entertainment than any show on TV, and cleaner! Just add Jigs and we really have the home grown entertainment show!

Thanks for the :lol:

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

I was actually wondering how Jigs managed to stay out of converstation like this one.............. :)

Well here is my first kick at the cat-they said I can write about anything I want. Do you weant me to screen all of them by my sharpest critics.

.....tried to remember all the stuff my English Lit teacher harped on me about, but can't come up with anything............other than maybe some punctuation changes :???:

....content is pretty dang good for some one wearing so many hats.........

Northern Rancher said:
Meadow Lake How Do We Do It!!!!

What is the secret behind Meadow Lake's unrivalled success at producing high caliber hockey players. Per capita nowhere in Canada has more players playing professional hockey or high caliber junior or collegiate hockey. Is it something in the water-I doubt it but a baptismal dip in Bear Creek might not be bad insurance for any hockey stars to be- born in the near future. Seriously though why does our minor hockey system produce a steady stream of hockey talent-a look down through the age divisions shows that the stream isn't about to stop in the near future. Is it coaching-we have some very good and dedicated coaches but so do many other places. Is it extra icetime-no it's DEFINITELY not extra icetime-in fact opposing coaches marvel at the way or kids play with the minimal practice time that they do get.

I think that there a few intangibles that Meadow Lake brings to the table that other towns maybe haven't figured out yet. One thing that is readily apparent as one travels around rinks in Saskatchewan and other provinces is the level of class exhibited by our fans, coaches and players-it takes character to succeed and the zero tolerance policy towards abuse etc that Meadow Lake follows is the first step to building that character.

The main thing though that allows our little centre to develop hockey players like we do is we've recognized you don't have to field winning teams to develop athletes. It is far better off to compete at a high level and perhaps lose than to go undefeated playing teams below your caliber. Other towns are filled with players that 'should of played higher BUT… Meadow Lake is filled with players who could of played at a higher level and DID.

Right now our hockey association is becoming a victim of our own success-minor hockey is growing by leaps and bounds and our one ice surface is taxed to the limits. Unfortunately there are people with the best intentions that are perceiving the icetime issues as an 'Us against Them' battle between the different tiers of hockey played here. The player who wants to play House or Tier Two hockey should be respected but so should the players who want to push themselves in Tier One hockey or beyond. What is the perfect solution to this-quite frankly there isn't one. There will have to be compromises made but lets hope the dreams and aspirations of ALL our minor hockey players don't become a victim.

I like how you write... yep, I think you need to post here first :) Thanks for sharing.

Give er all ya got..........There was an old drunk staggering down the street. Came up on a gal standing in a doorway holding a pair of man's shoes. He looked at her kinda funny and said "That a boy shorty , Give her all ya got" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts