• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

'nother tractor question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Our daughter is still looking for a tractor. :roll:
She found a Jinma 604LE that looks nice, has only 36 hours on it.
Cab, FWA, etc. She sent me pictures, but I don't know how to get
one from there to here. Do any of you know anything about this
Japanese tractor? 60 hp and only 36 hours. 4-speed transmission
with high and low range. Tires are good. We know nothing about this
kind of tractor. Getting winter time and she needs to get one.

Thanks for your help. In the meantime, I'll try to get a picture on here.

Faster horses said:
Our daughter is still looking for a tractor. :roll:
She found a Jinma 604LE that looks nice, has only 36 hours on it.
Cab, FWA, etc. She sent me pictures, but I don't know how to get
one from there to here. Do any of you know anything about this
Japanese tractor? 60 hp and only 36 hours. 4-speed transmission
with high and low range. Tires are good. We know nothing about this
kind of tractor. Getting winter time and she needs to get one.

Thanks for your help. In the meantime, I'll try to get a picture on here.

First off it's Chinese.

My biggest concern would be dealer support/parts. Your daughter may save a few bucks buying the Jinma, but if she isn't able to get parts or service, it won't do her any good.

Here is a picture. Wow, that new photobucket is impossible. I had to go back to the 'old photobucket'.

download2Jinmatracor.jpg

Faster horses said:
That's what we told her. I think that could be a huge problem. Thanks.
I thought she said it was Japanese, not Chinese. But I bet you know
more about it, BMR.

I just Googled it. :D
If it was Japanese it probably would be fine.
I read so reviews and they were mixed to say the least.
I once had a Romanian tractor and it sure wasn't much good.

Deeres are pricey but you can get parts and service and resell them. :?

what does she need the tractor to do?

i truely beleive that a 60's,70's early 80's north american tractors are better than any of the imports although Kubota has made inroads.

a lot of job's can be done with a utility type truck a lot cheaper than a tractor.

She needs a tractor to run a post hole digger, loader, things like that.
Clean out snow in her yard, etc. She better stick to a North American older one. Price is a big object for her.

Thanks BMR for googling it. I couldn't find any reviews, just info on new ones.

Faster horses said:
She needs a tractor to run a post hole digger, loader, things like that.
Clean out snow in her yard, etc. She better stick to a North American older one. Price is a big object for her.

Good advice, being cheap up front may be an expensive lesson if she can't get service so its running when she needs it.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7264239

Probably a little overpriced but these were a great little tractor and parts have to be easier to find.

per said:

Probably a little overpriced but these were a great little tractor and parts have to be easier to find.

I think that tractor has a hoe on the back. :? Sell that for half the price of the tractor. :)

per said:

Mr. FH thought it looked pretty good...maybe they have it priced this way in
case they have to take a trade-in. It has a quick-tatch backhoe too. She'd get a lot of use out of somehting like that. I emailed it to her. Thanks!

I agree the new photo bucket is not for me after 2 hours I finally went back to the old one.

What does being single have to do with anything??? I had a lot more money before I got married and had to start supporting her extended family!

Back on topic - - - foreign tractors can be a good deal if you have a good dealer network

I have a Deutz that I bought because I liked it but I can't get even the most mundane parts or support.

Find a good dealer and work with them if at all possible.

I'd buy a Belarus. Local guy here buys and sells them most go to export . I picked up a 925 last week 1800 hours with a Koyker Loader and grapple for $10,250 it may not have much resale but it did'nt have much input to purchase and I'd bet anyone it will burn 1/2 the fuel per hour of any other 100 hp tractor. Parts are not an issue you can buy anything you need fed ex in two days no different than John Deere. He has several bought out in Montana that are suppose to be pretty clean might get them before they get here.

Anyone on here have a kubota? The local case dealer started selling them and claiming they are as good as case. And quite a bit cheaper, and you can order exactly what you want and get it in 6 weeks. John deere would be 6 months.

Latest posts