• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"Now Let Me Be Clear"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
"Now let me be clear -- I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him."

State Senator Barack Obama (Democrat, Illinois)
Speech at Federal Plaza, Chicago, Illinois
October 2, 2002

I suffer no illusions about barak obama. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied US Constitution, thwarted US Constitution, developed weapons scams that kill US citizens, and coveted total and absolute power. He's a bad guy. The world, and the US people, would be better off without him."

Posted 7/17/2007 USA TODAY's Jill Lawrence interviewed Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., on Saturday about his presidential campaign after events in northeastern Iowa. Here are excerpts

Q: On Iraq, some people have been saying our only two options are all in or all out. Obviously you don't see it that way.

A. Here's my view on the situation. There are two indisputable facts, and then there's a choice. Fact No. 1: the surge is not working. It has not changed the dynamics on the ground. It has put more U.S. troops at risk. It has not strengthened the Iraqi government. It has not quelled the antagonism between the various factions, and it has not lessened the strength of the insurgency.

Fact No. 2 is there are no good options. There are only bad options and worse options. There will be risks involved in whatever approach we take at this point, which is why future presidents should think through the implications of a military incursion before they launch one. The choice that we have is, I think, fairly stark. And that is either we in Congress allow the president to continue down this failed path, or we constrain him. And that's really what the debate … is going to be about. We can have debates about what exactly the timetable is, we can have debates about how we phase in or we phase out the combat presence there. We can talk about what kind of residual force is remaining. But the bottom line is either we let the president continue to do whatever he wants to do for the next year, year and a half, with untold consequences, or we say enough. And I am on the side of saying enough.

Tam said:
Posted 7/17/2007 USA TODAY's Jill Lawrence interviewed Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., on Saturday about his presidential campaign after events in northeastern Iowa. Here are excerpts

Q: On Iraq, some people have been saying our only two options are all in or all out. Obviously you don't see it that way.

A. Here's my view on the situation. There are two indisputable facts, and then there's a choice. Fact No. 1: the surge is not working. It has not changed the dynamics on the ground. It has put more U.S. troops at risk. It has not strengthened the Iraqi government. It has not quelled the antagonism between the various factions, and it has not lessened the strength of the insurgency.

Fact No. 2 is there are no good options. There are only bad options and worse options. There will be risks involved in whatever approach we take at this point, which is why future presidents should think through the implications of a military incursion before they launch one. The choice that we have is, I think, fairly stark. And that is either we in Congress allow the president to continue down this failed path, or we constrain him. And that's really what the debate … is going to be about. We can have debates about what exactly the timetable is, we can have debates about how we phase in or we phase out the combat presence there. We can talk about what kind of residual force is remaining. But the bottom line is either we let the president continue to do whatever he wants to do for the next year, year and a half, with untold consequences, or we say enough. And I am on the side of saying enough.

Leading is always more difficult than campaigning.....that's why obama spends most of his time campaigning.

edited to add: what he fails to realize is that if he was a real "leader", campaigning wouldn't be as necessary.

So apparently you all believe we were the winners out of the Iraq war- and that we as saviours of the world have instituted a new longterm stable Democracy in the mideast to lead the Islamic world into Democracy :???: ....

Oldtimer said:
So apparently you all believe we were the winners out of the Iraq war- and that we as saviours of the world have instituted a new longterm stable Democracy in the mideast to lead the Islamic world into Democracy :???: ....

Iraq was on the right path, until 2009. they've had an "arab spring" since then

Oldtimer said:

Here's how Biden put it :?

I am very optimistic about -- about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government.

I spent -- I've been there 17 times now. I go about every two months -- three months. I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society. It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences.

Oldtimer said:
I'm actually proud of what our men in uniforms have accomplished. You aren't? :roll:

I also remember everyone being patriotic when Baghdad fell and the Iraqi's pulled the statue of Hussein down. Almost everyone wore a U.S. flagpin and flying flags on their cars. It was a great time for proud Americans, Canadians, and the rest of the Coalition.................

Mike said:
Oldtimer said:
I'm actually proud of what our men in uniforms have accomplished. You aren't? :roll:

I also remember everyone being patriotic when Baghdad fell and the Iraqi's pulled the statue of Hussein down. Almost everyone wore a U.S. flagpin and flying flags on their cars. It was a great time for proud Americans, Canadians, and the rest of the Coalition.................

Human rights and all....

relax Oldtimer...Buckwheat and his passive chicken sh!t cowardly way of"victory by leaving" will give us yet another opportunity in the future to go to the middle east and fight the rag heads....

you see those worthless bastards are taught from birth to kill anyone not muslim... I am not muslim. they hate me for what I am not.... this makes them my enemy, and the enemy of my Christian nation..... once we get the muslim sympathiser out of the White House, and hopefully in prison for his treason, we can elect a REAL leader, who has the balls to stand up to the asswipes of the middle east, and just bomb the bastards back to the stone age......

jigs said:
relax Oldtimer...Buckwheat and his passive chicken sh!t cowardly way of"victory by leaving" will give us yet another opportunity in the future to go to the middle east and fight the rag heads....

Bush will be blamed for not travelling to Bagdad to finish them off, when the fight comes to the shores of North America and terrorists start killing children in school yards, like France. Meanwhile the liberal teachers in the US will request a moment of silence for the "killer" and OT will praise them for their diversity.

A French teacher faces disciplinary action for allegedly asking her students to observe a moment of silence for Toulouse terrorist Mohammed Merah a day after he was killed by police, AFP reported Friday.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4206978,00.html

From Democratic Underground

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002453553

Peter King: Iran May Have 'Hundreds' Of Hezbollah Agents In U.S.
Posted: 03/21/2012 1:00 pm Updated: 03/21/2012 1:10 pm

-- Iranian-backed Hezbollah agents, not al Qaeda operatives, may pose the
greatest threat on U.S. soil as tensions over Iran's suspected nuclear weapons
program ratchet up, according to the Republican chairman of the House
Committee on Homeland Security.

"As Iran moves closer to nuclear weapons and there is increasing concern
over war between Iran and Israel, we must also focus on Iran's secret
operatives and their number one terrorist proxy force, Hezbollah, which we
know is in America," said New York Rep. Peter King at a Wednesday hearing
of his committee.

The hearing, which featured former government officials and the director of
intelligence analysis for the New York Police Department, follows a foiled plot
to assassinate the Saudi ambassador in Washington, D.C., and testimony
by Director of National Intelligence James Clapper in late January that Iran's
leaders are "more willing to conduct an attack inside the United States in
response to real or perceived U.S. actions that threaten the regime."

Opening the hearing, King said, "We have a duty to prepare for the worst,"
warning there may be hundreds of Hezbollah operatives in the United States,
including 84 Iranian diplomats at the United Nations and in Washington who,
"it must be presumed, are intelligence officers."

But Mississippi Rep. Bennie Thompson, the ranking Democrat on the
committee, said he was concerned that the testimony he was about to hear
was based on outdated information and not current intelligence. He noted
that "no current federal officials" were asked to testify on Wednesday.

"A word of caution is in order," Thompson said. "When we examine our
relationship with another country, we cannot look at any particular moment
in time and pretend that it tells the whole story. We cannot view the politics,
history and culture of any other country clearly by seeing a snapshot version."

Referencing Clapper's earlier testimony, Thompson said the director of
national intelligence should be called in for a classified hearing, but added,
"We should not engage in a public discussion that creates fear and delivers
misinformation."

ENTIRE ARTICLE + VIDEO OF COMMITTEE HEARING TODAY AT THE LINK
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21/peter-king-iran-hezbollah-agents-undercover_n_1369950.html

people who think this wil go away are retarded...those Muslims want us dead at any price. they hate us for not being like them, and think we need to die......

no terrorist threat hear, but let me be clear....IF the muslims make a push at this nation, I will stop at nothing to defend what is mine, defend my nation, and I will hunt them like a savage beast and play the game by thier rules..... that is the ONLY way to end this once and for all...ethnic cleansing?? perhaps it is, but if they can raise thier kids to think I must die do to my beliefs, I ought to have the right to defend myself, even if the big Nig running this nation at the moment sides more with them than me.....

jigs said:
people who think this wil go away are retarded...those Muslims want us dead at any price. they hate us for not being like them, and think we need to die......

no terrorist threat hear, but let me be clear....IF the muslims make a push at this nation, I will stop at nothing to defend what is mine, defend my nation, and I will hunt them like a savage beast and play the game by thier rules..... that is the ONLY way to end this once and for all...ethnic cleansing?? perhaps it is, but if they can raise thier kids to think I must die do to my beliefs, I ought to have the right to defend myself, even if the big Nig running this nation at the moment sides more with them than me.....

YOU need therapy......a lot and soon!!

wrong Kola, I see the TRUTH...you can take you BS about "religion of peace" and shove it...those rag head bastards want us dead, and if they threaten me or my family, I will beat them to the punch....as long as they stay over there and continue to live like animals, I don't care, but shove the Koran up thier a$$ cause I have zero use for their beliefs or thier aspirations....

the muslims will not rest till they kill us all.....we will be fighting them till we rid the world of them.
just a fact.

Kola shoulda got "Cuzzin John Edwards" some therapy years ago.......

Looks as though he's going down next month...................................

Mike said:
Kola shoulda got "Cuzzin John Edwards" some therapy years ago.......

Looks as though he's going down next month...................................

She probably gave him some of that cuzin therapy, that would explain them both

jingo2 said:
jigs said:

YOU need therapy......a lot and soon!!

Would reading this be good therapy:
Book tells Muslim men how to beat and control their wives
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/23/book-tells-muslim-men-how-to-beat-and-control-their-wives

First kolo=jingo=lulu=allie would have to learn to read and comprehend, something she has shown the inability to do in the past :roll:

Latest posts