• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Now offering...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hereford76

Reaction score
5 day cleansing detox sessions at $150/session. 14 hour days on a swather with open door air conditioning in 100 degrees.

For the fun of it i weighed myself monday evening about 7pm - 198lbs. started bailing just after 9pm thru 730 am this morning then swathed til 5pm when a nasty wind storm rolled thru. nothing but a gallon jug of water. came home showered, ate, and came in at 176lbs. thats 6 pounds overweight for senior high school wrestling!

too bad more folks couldn't experience an inkling about what goes into beef!

.... any city lurkers interested pm me.

gcreekrch

Reaction score
If that don't work they can come here for stage 2.

Picking rocks for only $1200 per week. Mosquito slapping exercises are included in the package. :wink:

Zilly

Reaction score
I ain't buying at that price! :lol:

Now... sweeten the pot a little with a 4020 pulling a hay rake and I might think about it. Have to even out my tan, my left arm is considerably darker than my right and some raking might just do the trick. Or I could just shoot down to the beach, work on my tan, enjoy the view and drink an umbrela drink in your honor. Decisions decisions. :wink:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Zilly said:

Now... sweeten the pot a little with a 4020 pulling a hay rake and I might think about it. Have to even out my tan, my left arm is considerably darker than my right and some raking might just do the trick. Or I could just shoot down to the beach, work on my tan, enjoy the view and drink an umbrela drink in your honor. Decisions decisions. :wink:

Will a 5500 work?

Hayguy

Reaction score
Zilly said:

three 4020's, two with umbrella air conditioning. it's been 30C the last few days, lot's of mosquito's When can I expect you??

gcreekrch

Reaction score
hayguy said:
Zilly said:

three 4020's, two with umbrella air conditioning. it's been 30C the last few days, lot's of mosquito's When can I expect you??

Third one completely open air? :lol:

Hayguy

Reaction score
nawww,it's got a genuine John Deere cabin, complete with two piece door and one count em one removable window and a built in heater(powershift). a real sweat hog. it's my winter tractor :wink: :wink:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
jodywy said:
we usually only get into the high 80, and I got AC on everything , even the old swather that for sale..... :D

Same thing here except one tractor Jody. Those of us with summers so short we don't shed our winter hair need that AC. :wink: :lol:

Hayguy

Reaction score
have a nice 1066 ih with central air, worked real good till i broke the door :oops: took the other door off today to give it flow through ventilation :lol:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
hayguy said:
have a nice 1066 ih with central air, worked real good till i broke the door :oops: took the other door off today to give it flow through ventilation :lol:

I take it you didn't have a piece of black plastic? :lol:

GM88

Reaction score
All you guys talking about your new 4020's and 5500's and your ac in your swathers ,and you even have rakes and here I just got my scythe sharpened. :lol:

GM88

Reaction score
All you guys talking about your new 4020's and 5500's and your ac in your swathers ,and you even have rakes and here I just got my scythe sharpened. :lol:

Zilly

Reaction score
That's their problem GM88... they have all this fancy equipment, it has made them soft. :lol:

About the only tractor work I actually enjoyed was raking hay and we used an open station 4020. I couldn't stand being cooped up inside a cab all day, so when the choice came to do tractor work or mess with the cows, I'd choose the cows.

burnt

Reaction score
GM88 was that a double post or are you upscale and own two scythes?
:wink:

Well I can raise all of you and offer somewhat shorter hours in an 1105 Massey with a cab that features 2 windows that open not to mention a door that sports an "open brace" for full air flow (plus a bit of dust) or you can drive an open New Holland tractor that offers a completely unrestricted view of the countryside while you work on evening out that tan. . .

jodywy

Reaction score
GM88 said:
what an acre a day :D
the rotory walks thru over a hundred in a short da :!: y, and mine is ol.d and well used :wink: and really good AC :p

Hayguy

Reaction score
GM88 said:

my grandfather taught me well how to run a scythe,and a pitch fork, there really is a knack to it :lol:

jodywy

Reaction score
hayguy said:
GM88 said:

my grandfather taught me well how to run a scythe,and a pitch fork, there really is a knack to it :lol:
Dad tells about how 4 outfits would get together they each had two mower teams and they have 8 mowers cutting meadows at once, then they use sweaps scatter(dump) rakes and overshot stackers and a crew topping the stack with forks, get one place done and go to the next.

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Zilly said:
That's their problem GM88... they have all this fancy equipment, it has made them soft.

There's a truth to that and it doesn't bother me bit. :wink:

I still have vivid memories of 1989, the last year I baled with an open station Case 1210 and an 847 NH baler. Hand crank tie!
One meadow had windrows 1/2 mile long laying east and west. Going west was great, nice breeze, enjoy the surroundings. Before I turned east I would don a set of goggles and a face mask for the dust. We had a stretch of good weather and I baled 1875 bales in 12 days out of that boat anchor... couldn't straighten my neck for a month.

Ahhh, the good ol' days. :roll:

I don't take the cold as well as I used to either. :lol:

Latest posts