• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NY issues emergency regulations - Mad Deer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Reader, here's a question that will give you a bit to talk about and not be so bored.

And I'm not meaning this to be being insensitive!

Are there any boards that you post on and what are they?

I'm wondering why with all your knowledge on TSE's you would spend your "online" time with us, a bunch of beef farmers who are sold on the merits and safety of beef?

I would think your time would be better spent converting the non-educated on the risks of eating beef from countries that do not have the precautions in place that the US and Canada have!

Or for an organization that exposes the "mis-truths' of governmental agencies.

I understand you have a purpose now, and I hope you accomplish your goals, I'm just wondering if you are not educating the "uneductable"

What I meant by my statement was that science and big pharmabusiness are joined at the hip. And since almost everything costs a great deal of money to develop (proven or not); the people involved are going to patent their ideas before they expose them to the public for review.

A patent application does not necessarily prove anything. Unfortunately, many studies which varify the efficacy of drugs are based on research done on a minimum number of "case study participants" be they animal or human. My jaded opinion is that science can twist information to suit their own adgenda/needs. The public is far to complacent with drugs.

EG. my son has tonsillitis and is on antibiotics. This is the first time I've noticed the antibiotic is a combo drug. There are two types of antibiotic in one pill. The doc never said anything about this, and I'll have to inquire with my pharmacist as to why it is a combo drug. A neighbors daughter just told me today that her daughter had the same illness and was taking the same combo drug. I still let my son take the pills; but I don't understand why it isn't just one antibiotic drug as in all cases prior.

My condundrum is, that there are drugs which seem to help us out when we are sick. Now, how many drugs do people take that aren't really helping them. And what about the people taking multiple drugs, that have side effects that compound each other and they don't know it.

I try to work with my own immune system to stay healthy; but, it is difficult to make that decision for someone else (and doctors do this all the time).

Why should people be on blood thinners, when they can take vitamin E or other natural products that thin the blood. I even noticed today that the pharmacy was selling cinnamin for lowering cholesterol. My mother in law has been telling me this for months.

Friends of ours are all concerned over the regulation and restriction of natural health product, ie vitamins/minerals/herbs. They have some info on this and say that vitamins etc. are only available by prescription in some countries! Then they cost absorbidant amounts as a pharmaceutical product.

I guess I just can't believe the state of the world. And I don't understand why people aren't at least trying to find more holistic and sustainable ways of keeping things in order. If everything didn't cost so much to buy, and we didn't have to pay so much in taxes, we might have more time to spend enjoying life with our families. This is why I don't work off the farm, when I could. How much money is enough? To me, there appears to be a contest going on out there, and the "supposed" winner is the one making the most money. I don't want to play that game.

I hope tomorrow is a better day. Today wasn't bad, but this BSE crisis is having more than an economic toll on Canadians.

Latest posts