• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

oats and bears

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER said:
Silver said:
HAY MAKER said:
The rock for my house was dozed up a couple miles from here,they use a dozer with rippers and rip it up ,it comes up in thick sheets.I got a lot here on the place too but it leaves a helluva mess so I had it brought in and some mexican boys put it up.ILL say one thing silver that's some mighty nice looking fields,how long is your growing season?...........good luck PS you better get that 6 point while you can,I know I have let nice bucks walk past and then regretted it,what's the limit on elk?

Well that rock does look nice. I bet it stays cool in the day and warm at night like a good log house.
Tonight I bugled a 6 point in to about 25 feet. Didn't shoot though.... still trying to figure out why. 'Course when you got a freezer full of good beef it does take the urgency out of the situation. I enjoy the hunt so much I hate the thoughts of ending it. Bag limit is one and the season last til halloween, so there is lots of time. If it had been lighter I would have taken a pic of it for you.
Growing season here doesn't start til end of april, and its about done now. Folks are starting to harvest cereal crops now, and I see lots of canola on the ground. Alfalfa regrowth for grazing is still happening, but a couple more frosts and its all over.

Silver are you gun or bow hunting,sounds to me like you are talking bow...............good luck PS post some more pictures of that country that one photo of a meadow looked like prime elk habitat.

I try not to hunt with sharp sticks unless I have to. Deer season is open early for bowhunters so sometimes I partake, and I've been known to shoot a bear or two with a bow but I prefer the long gun. I took a couple of pics of elk actually in my 'honey hole' but they didn't turn out as it was a little too dark out. I also took some pics of a cub up a tree from about 20 feet, and some of his mother about 100 feet the other way (seems to me there's something I'm supposed to remember about walking between a sow and her cubs... :wink: ) but they didn't turn out for the same reasons.

Latest posts