• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Obama administration targets farms

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I read the headline on Glenn Beck's website and clicked on the link,
but this is all I found. We need to be vigilante tho, so I'm posting this
anyhow. Watch for 'the rest of the story.'

Beck: I don't recognize my country anymore
Glenn about lost his mind when he heard the regulations Hilda Solis and the Department of Labor have imposed on American farms. Apparently the government thinks they know how to run American farms better than experienced farmers do… AND they have deemed it's time to step in and "help" the farmers out. Eh, thanks but no thanks. Get Glenn's fired up response.

the most recent department of labor issue was child labor that used trumped up numbers to make farm work look more dangerous then it already is..

Memo From Middle America| Department Of Labor's Hilda Solis To American Farmers—Replace Your Nephew With An Illegal Alien!

was raised on a family farm, where I did all sorts of farm work in my formative years.

Let's see—I fed and watered calves, drove cattle, milked cows, washed the dairy barn, searched for lost livestock, fed and watered sheep, gave medicine to sheep, docked lambs, fed swine, chickens, ducks, geese and goats, butchered chickens, gathered eggs, chased various escaping animals, rode a horse, fixed fences, hauled grain, sowed wheat, plowed and worked ground, cut hay, baled hay, hauled hay, picked and husked corn, loaded silage, ground grain.

At various times I operated vehicles, including pickups, tractors and combines.

When I look back on all of this, I see farm labor as an important part of my upbringing. It taught me a lot about life, work and responsibility.

I think most people raised on farms would probably say something similar. Living and working on a farm is a way of life.

But recent regulations proposed by the Obama Administration's Department of Labor may severely restrict such work for young people on farms today—and, by an amazing coincidence, increase opportunities for undocumented Democrats illegal aliens.
http://www.vdare.com/articles/memo-from-middle-america-department-of-labor-s-hilda-solis-to-american-farmers-replace-your

Feds Attack Family Farms. . . Again March 15, 2012

The Department of Labor Secretary, Hilda Solis, proposed sweeping regulations to impose the federal government into the business of micro-managing America's family farms. When the first effort to impose pro-union labor laws on family-owned farms was turned back earlier in 2011, Solis solicited public comments with a deadline set as December 1, 2011. The public responded with more than 18,000 comments in opposition to the new regulations which would force many family farms out of business.

After the December 1 deadline for public comments had expired, the regulations were again being drafted for implementation. A bi-partisan group of 28 Senators and 70 members of the House sent a letter to the Secretary of Labor expressing concerns and asking that the regulations be withdrawn. That letter reads in part:
"... a result of these concerns, we request the Department withdraw the Proposed Rule in its entirety," the Senators state in a letter to Secretary Solis. "It is puzzling why the Department would suddenly propose changes to existing regulations, particularly considering the advancements in farm equipment and adoption of technologies that have improved operator safety in the last 35 years."

The statement continued,"until recently, farms jointly owned and operated by multiple family members had discretion over the responsibilities they gave their children on the farm. But the proposed rule change would do away with that freedom and extend the parental exemption to farms owned solely by a parent. It is common in rural America for siblings to jointly own and operate farms and for extended family and neighbors to participate in agriculture production. With this rule change, the government is proposing to tell farmers and ranchers:
We know what's best for your children, and what they should and should not be doing."

Farmers have taken federal money for many years.Now you can take the regulation.Take the money Take the consequences.

smalltime said:
Farmers have taken federal money for many years.Now you can take the regulation.Take the money Take the consequences.

Common sense regulation, yes. But how can you defend these regulations?

Latest posts