• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Obama Executive Orders Impose New Gun Rules

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Today the administration's plans are beginning to come into effect. Through an Executive Order, the Obama administration is implementing new restrictions on the sale of certain weapons in border states, and increasing the penalties for violating certain firearms laws.

The Executive Orders come are coming in the middle of the "Fast and Furious" scandal currently plaguing the administration. Already, there is talk on Capitol Hill of a cover-up at the highest levels of government, and it appears to some that the administration was feeding the lethal problem of firearms trafficking it ostensibly intended to address with "Fast and Furious."

The question remains- if these Executive Orders are 'common sense' measures as the administration claims, why not let Congress enact them as laws? And if they are minor tweaks to existing law as others claim, are they necessary at all?

As background, here is a short clip of then-candidate Obama in 2008 on gun control. He agrees that the second amendment means…something, but beyond that, the details get hazy.

See the video at
http://conservativebyte.com/2011/07/obama-executive-orders-impose-new-gun-rules/

And here is the first comment posted after the video clip:
This corrup administration sells guns illegally to gangstas and then tightens the screws on us and pretends they are trying to stop crime. Such as gun dealers are NOW supposed to report suspicious activity of persons buying multiple high powered rifles in border areas. Excuse me but wasn't this shuck and jive huckster whose henchman holder gave the green light to this type of activity when contacted by gun dealers doing their job???? This administration is crminal and all need to have boots put up their asses.

Faster horses said:
The question remains- if these Executive Orders are 'common sense' measures as the administration claims, why not let Congress enact them as laws? And if they are minor tweaks to existing law as others claim, are they necessary at all?

Article 1 section 1 of the U.S.Constitution:
" ALL legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and a House of representatives."

ALL doesn't seem like it leaves any left over for the President to make laws by executive order.
Who granted these Legislative power to Congress? read the first line of the Constitution--- We the People!

All JUST powers are derived from the consent of the governed- all others are just taken!

These are the actions of a Tyrant usurping his just powers granted by the consent of the governed!

Faster horses said:
That article was taken from Conservative Byte, I just posted it.

I believe you posted it because your spirit was troubled by yet another atrocity perpetrated upon us by this current administration.
I was just pointing out why this is unconstitutional and therefore why your spirit was troubled!

By doing this he is mocking God, mocking our Constitution and mocking us. We should all be troubled by this!

I believe you posted it because your spirit was troubled by yet another atrocity perpetrated upon us by this current administration.

I wouldn't limit my being troubled by executive orders to just this administration.. I have long felt the privilege has been abused..

U.S. Presidents have issued Executive Orders since 1789. Although there is no Constitutional provision or statute that explicitly permits Executive Orders, there is a vague grant of "executive power" given in Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution, and furthered by the declaration "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" made in Article II, Section 3, Clause 4. At the minimum, most Executive Orders use these Constitutional reasonings as the authorization allowing for their issuance to be justified as part of the President's sworn duties,[1] the intent being to help direct officers of the US Executive carry out their delegated duties as well as the normal operations of the Federal Government -

vague grant.. justified... are just ways of saying.. it isn't allowed..

while I understand the need to lead.. executive orders have been used to twist and distort the laws and our Constitution for as long as I can remember and should be reined in ..

here is a pretty quick loading video:

http://www.morningstartv.com/oak-initiative/marxism-america

You are right, it isn't limited to this administration or to the Democratic party. The Constitution is the solution to our political problems.
We already have the answer if we would just demand that it be followed!

Ask 10 people you know that is not on this site if they have heard about this executive order. I bet 90% have not. There are some big gun rights advocates I've talked to over the last several days that didn't know about this.

The constitution is a marvelous document, but for the people to truly have power they have to be informed, for them to be informed they have to have accurate information.

What are you doing to get the information out there?

Latest posts