• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

obama in a nutshell

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Barack Obama, on the other hand, is an intellectual, moral, and historical lightweight, a manufactured man of significant accomplishments on paper which somehow don't match up with anything one can point to in reality.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/05/obamas_sons_they_are_real_for_him.html#ixzz1wAvtfCCG

That "we-are-the-world-singing-liberals" would vote him over and over again comes as no surprise to me. Let's face it, they live in their own special little worlds.

That otherwise sane, logical, rational, thinking Americans would vote for him the first time around, while hard for me to fathom, is still within the bounds of belief given the hype and circumstances of the election of 2008.

That any one of those aforementioned sane, logical, rational, thinking Americans would vote for him a second time is beyond belief for me which is why I think he's going to have his ass handed to him in November.

Whitewing said:
That "we-are-the-world-singing-liberals" would vote him over and over again comes as no surprise to me. Let's face it, they live in their own special little worlds.

That otherwise sane, logical, rational, thinking Americans would vote for him the first time around, while hard for me to fathom, is still within the bounds of belief given the hype and circumstances of the election of 2008.

That any one of those aforementioned sane, logical, rational, thinking Americans would vote for him a second time is beyond belief for me which is why I think he's going to have his ass handed to him in November.

What could very well spoil things, though, would be if Ron Paul ran as an Independent. There are enough "cut-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face" voters out there that this could easily allow Obama to have one more term. He would be responsible to absolutely no one on this second time around, and the country could be ruined in one fell swoop.

Soapweed said:
Whitewing said:

What could very well spoil things, though, would be if Ron Paul ran as an Independent. There are enough "cut-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face" voters out there that this could easily allow Obama to have one more term. He would be responsible to absolutely no one on this second time around, and the country could be ruined in one fell swoop.

I understand your concern, but I also look at the fact that he was in the 08 election. I know several life long liberals that see the light and will support anyone but Obama.

I don't see him pulling any more votes from conservatives this time as he does from Obama and I think there has been a more than adequate swing of support away from Obama to Romney or anyone that opposes Obama.

Soapweed said:
Whitewing said:

soap why don't you then encourage all the "cut off your nose to spite your face" romney supporters to get behind Ron Paul then if you are so worried about splitting the vote! :shock: romney could clear all this up right now by just withdrawing!

Lonecowboy said:
Soapweed said:
Whitewing said:

soap why don't you then encourage all the "cut off your nose to spite your face" romney supporters to get behind Ron Paul then if you are so worried about splitting the vote! :shock: romney could clear all this up right now by just withdrawing!

Wake up, wake up, wake up are you having another dream :wink: :lol:

Lonecowboy said:
Soapweed said:
Whitewing said:

You have it figured all wrong, Lonecowboy. Mitt Romney was not my first choice in the Republican field. Until he dropped out of the race, my support was behind Herman Cain. Mr. Cain is a staunch conservative, and he had a successful business career which would have given great insight into the running of our country. With Herman Cain, the "race card" would have been a non-issue. After Cain left the field, my next choice was Newt Gingrich. Third choice was Rich Santorum. Mitt Romney was fourth choice, but still well ahead of Ron Paul to my way of thinking. Mitt Romney is now the Republican presidential nominee, and he won this title fair and square, and by due process. Mitt Romney now has my full support. To any red-blooded patriotic conservative American, the object should be to defeat Obama. If Ron Paul continues to stay in the race that he has already lost, he is nothing more than a hindrance in the overall goal of defeating Obama. Anyone still thinking Ron Paul has an honest chance at this point is nothing more than a sore loser. My point is that even though Mitt Romney was down the line from my first choice, I am willing to take one for the team and give him my full support now that he has won his Party's nomination.

Soapweed said:
Lonecowboy said:
Soapweed said:

You have it figured all wrong, Lonecowboy. Mitt Romney was not my first choice in the Republican field. Until he dropped out of the race, my support was behind Herman Cain. Mr. Cain is a staunch conservative, and he had a successful business career which would have given great insight into the running of our country. With Herman Cain, the "race card" would have been a non-issue. After Cain left the field, my next choice was Newt Gingrich. Third choice was Rich Santorum. Mitt Romney was fourth choice, but still well ahead of Ron Paul to my way of thinking. Mitt Romney is now the Republican presidential nominee, and he won this title fair and square, and by due process. Mitt Romney now has my full support. To any red-blooded patriotic conservative American, the object should be to defeat Obama. If Ron Paul continues to stay in the race that he has already lost, he is nothing more than a hindrance in the overall goal of defeating Obama. Anyone still thinking Ron Paul has an honest chance at this point is nothing more than a sore loser. My point is that even though Mitt Romney was down the line from my first choice, I am willing to take one for the team and give him my full support now that he has won his Party's nomination.

and my point is NOBODY has won the Republican nomination untill the delegates vote in Florida- so quit trying to shove this liberal romney down our throats- HE HASN'T WON YET! he has no "title" and has won nothing "fair and square" so quit trying to mislead us or are you that decieved by what the media tells you to believe.

Lonecowboy said:
and my point is NOBODY has won the Republican nomination untill the delegates vote in Florida- so quit trying to shove this liberal romney down our throats- HE HASN'T WON YET! he has no "title" and has won nothing "fair and square" so quit trying to mislead us or are you that decieved by what the media tells you to believe.

many conservatives realize Ron Paul supporters are playing a game by going over our heads and disregarding our vote to capture delegates at state conventions...

My vote and every Americans should count,.. and not be ignored...

if Ron Paul supporters succeeds in subverting the process by ignoring the voting process and voting for Paul despite the actually vote totals.. (which Paul has not actually won any significant totals) then I would step out as would many conservatives and vote for someone else..

do you and the other supporters really feel it is right and constitutional to ignore an overwhelming majority of the conservative republicans vote by subverting the conventions of a party...

to pull this off Paul supporters have to ignore state results, rules and protocol in order to subvert an obscure national rule.

ironically about the same process Obama used to win his nomination..

can you really defend that strategy?

Steve said:
Lonecowboy said:

many conservatives realize Ron Paul supporters are playing a game by going over our heads and disregarding our vote to capture delegates at state conventions...

if Ron Paul supporters succeeds in subverting the process by ignoring the voting process and voting for Paul despite the actually vote totals.. (which Paul has not actually won any significant totals) then I would step out as would many conservatives and vote for someone else..

do you and the other supporters really feel it is right and constitutional to ignore an overwhelming majority of the conservative republicans vote by subverting the conventions of a party...

to pull this off Paul supporters have to ignore state results, rules and protocol in order to subvert an obscure national rule.

Has Ron Paul broken any of the republican party rules yet?
Has the republican party broken any of it's own rules with the vote counts yet?
Isn't Ron Paul meerly playing by the republican party rules?

There is no Constitutional "right" that anybody has to follow the popular vote- quite the contrary the republican primary caucus is set up much like our electoral vote system.

But Thank You Steve for acknowledging romney hasn't won yet! :D
And Thank You for acknowledging Ron Paul still has a real chance to win the republican nomination. :D

That being said I don't think the establishment will let Ron Paul win, I think they will count everything as secretly as possible and continue to cheat every way they can to declare romney the winner- just like they started out to do in Iowa. :???:

So just as you won't support Ron Paul if he wins, why should I support romney if he is declared the winner?
This could all be solved if everyone would just get behind Ron Paul!
( well that's what all the romney people are saying, only turned around on them :shock: )

Lonecowboy said:
Steve said:
Lonecowboy said:

There is no Constitutional "right" that anybody has to follow the popular vote- quite the contrary the republican primary caucus is set up much like our electoral vote system.

And Thank You for acknowledging Ron Paul still has a real chance to win the republican nomination. :D

That being said I don't think the establishment will let Ron Paul win, I think they will count everything as secretly as possible and continue to cheat every way they can to declare romney the winner- just like they started out to do in Iowa. :???:

So just as you won't support Ron Paul if he wins, why should I support romney if he is declared the winner?
( well that's what all the romney people are saying, only turned around on them :shock: )

If Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination, I will vote for him. Will you be as honorable if Mitt Romney wins the Republican nomination? Either of these men would be a far better choice than Obama.

Soapweed said:
Lonecowboy said:
Steve said:

If Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination, I will vote for him. Will you be as honorable if Mitt Romney wins the Republican nomination? Either of these men would be a far better choice than Obama.
Thank You for acknowledging the primary is still open- that was my main point. I do not like having something forced on me. Especially if it is not true. and I disliked seeing you mislead others into thinking it is all over. I am in no way in favor of obama,or any other liberal/progressive.
And I agree either man would be better than obama.
Do you remember when Samual was to pick the next King to replace Saul? He didn't settle for second best, he held out for God's best. Should I do any different? At this time I do Not see a vote for romney as honorable. My word means something to me and I will not flippantly give it away. I want to vote for a man I can follow as my leader, not just somebody that's not quite as bad as what we have now. That does not leave alot of room for confidence in romney. Ron Paul seems to be the only one who holds any regard for our Constitution- I do not share all of his foreign policy views, but I also acknowledge he is privy to much more and classified information than anyone on this site gets from watching the media's twisted tails, so I defer to his judgement on this too realizing he has much more information and experience and trust that he views all of this through our Constitutional limitations on federal govt.
You know that's it in a nut shell TRUST, I trust Ron Paul I do NOT trust romney. We need a leader we can trust!

At this point, it is difficult to gauge the actual delegate count, but even his (Paul's) closest campaign advisers admit it would be virtually impossible for Paul to deny Romney the nomination in Tampa.

Lonecowboy said:

He has won enough delegates via primaries (and they are obligated to vote for him at least on the first ballot) to win the nomination. A mere technicality but he will be the nominee. The rest of the convention will be nothing more than a lot of partying and back slapping. Like it or not.

TexasBred said:
Lonecowboy said:

He has won enough delegates via primaries (and they are obligated to vote for him at least on the first ballot) to win the nomination. A mere technicality but he will be the nominee. The rest of the convention will be nothing more than a lot of partying and back slapping. Like it or not.

only in a few states are the delegates bound and then only in the first round, then all bets are off and it's anybody's game.

I'd give Paul a .0001% percent chance and that is probably stretching it. Heck I'd give Santorum a better shot at getting the nod

Lonecowboy said:
only in a few states are the delegates bound and then only in the first round, then all bets are off and it's anybody's game.

So you don't care about what the voters (citizens of the United States) want?

nice way to start a dictatorship ...

Romney ... 7,903,209

Santorum ... 3,779,250

Gingrich ... 2,636,349

Paul ... 1,824,102

ignore 14,318,808 voters at your peril....

Steve said:
Lonecowboy said:

Reminds You of what's in the WH now

Larrry said:
Steve said:
Lonecowboy said:

Reminds You of what's in the WH now

it sure set a nasty precedence... use the national rules to override the state rules to get delegates and ignore the will of the voters.. not the kind of leader I would support..

Latest posts