• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Obama says he's the 4th best president

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
:shock: This guy needs to get REAL. :x

In an interview with Steve Croft of 60 Minutes, President Obama believes he is the 4th best president. If you take the four presidents on Mount Rushmore – Lincoln, Roosevelt, Washington, Jefferson – Obama can be no better than 5th. Obama claims that he's forth behind Lincoln, FDR, and Lyndon Johnson. You didn't see his ridiculous claim? "60 Minutes" conveniently left it out of its broadcast. Here's the exchange:

The issue here is not gonna be a list of accomplishments. As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln — just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history. But, you know, but when it comes to the economy, we've got a lot more work to do. And we're gonna keep on at it.

And what are some of these accomplishments? Of course, ObamaCare is one of them, a policy change that a majority of Americans disapprove of and are trying to get overturned. Here are some of the others he mentioned: "Ending Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Decimating al Qaeda, including Bin Laden being taken off the field. Restoring America's respect around the world."

I wouldn't call opening the armed forces to self-professed and practicing homosexuals an accomplishment but a disgrace. He might want to go back and study what Washington and Jefferson thought of homosexuality.

I realize Lincoln is an icon, but he oversaw a war that led to the deaths of 600,000 Americans.

The Lyndon Johnson is an accurate comparison, the president that gave us the "Great Society" that increased the number of poor and created a permanent dependent class that will vote exclusively for Democrats.

Obama is still blaming Bush for the economy, but he is taking credit for what Bush started in the War on Terror. Please don't misunderstand me. I am not agreeing with the original Bush policies. I'm just putting his argument in a political context.

Where is Ronald Reagan in all of this? Under Jimmy Carter we had double digit inflation and sky-high mortgage rates. Reagan reversed the economic decline, lowered taxes and interest rates, and unemployment dropped. The economy took off. Then there was the inconsequential end of the Soviet Union, the dissolution of Communist East Germany, and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Minor accomplishments.

Obama did borrow money for shovel ready projects, many of which were "sidewalks to nowhere" that I pass everyday on the way to my office. Of course, this ranks higher than Dwight D. Eisenhower's Interstate Highway System.

P.J. Gladnick tells it like it is: "So kneel, all you presidential peons, before the greatness that is Obama. His radiance shines so bright that it dazzled Steve Kroft to the extent that he didn't even bother to ask an obvious follow-up question."

Read more: Obama Says He's 4th Best President | Godfather Politics http://godfatherpolitics.com/2678/obama-says-he%e2%80%99s-4th-best-president/#ixzz1gr8qNd1n

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear most compare him to Carter.. a one term president..

and admittedly Johnson is a good comparison..

Johnson signed the Immigration Act of 1965,[49] which substantially changed U.S. immigration policy toward non-Europeans.[50] According to OECD, "While European-born immigrants accounted for nearly 60% of the total foreign-born population in 1970, they accounted for only 15% in 2000."[51] Immigration doubled between 1965 and 1970, and doubled again between 1970 and 1990.[21] Since the liberalization of immigration policy in 1965,[52] the number of first-generation immigrants living in the United States has quadrupled,[53] from 9.6 million in 1970 to about 38 million in 2007.[54]

Gun control

On October 22, 1968, Lyndon Johnson signed the Gun Control Act of 1968, one of the largest and most far reaching federal gun control laws in American history.

Urban riots

Major riots in black neighborhoods caused a series of "long hot summers." They started with a violent disturbance in Harlem riots in 1964 and the Watts district of Los Angeles in 1965, and extended to 1971. The biggest wave came in April 1968, when riots occurred in over a hundred cities in the wake of the assassination of Martin Luther King. Newark burned in 1967, where six days of rioting left 26 dead, 1500 injured, and the inner city a burned out shell. In Detroit in 1967, Governor George Romney sent in 7400 national guard troops to quell fire bombings, looting, and attacks on businesses and on police. Johnson finally sent in federal troops with tanks and machine guns. Detroit continued to burn for three more days until finally 43 were dead, 2250 were injured, 4000 were arrested; property damage ranged into the hundreds of millions. Johnson called for even more billions to be spent in the cities and another federal civil rights law regarding housing, but his political capital had been spent, and his Great Society programs lost support. Johnson's popularity plummeted as a massive white political backlash took shape, reinforcing the sense Johnson had lost control of the streets of major cities as well as his party.[65]

Obama has failed at fast furious efforts to pass more gun control

he failed to get his immigration reform shoved through..

so what is left for Obama to do.. riots?

Latest posts