• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Obama To Tax Charitable Contributions

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
This Jobs plan of his is getting more assinine by the minute:

Has the left had enough yet? :lol:
President Obama's Tax On Soup Kitchens

FYI –

Yesterday, it was announced that an astounding 1 in 6 Americans are living in poverty. President Obama's response? To demand a tax on donations to soup kitchens and other charities that help people desperately in need. The President's proposal will impact approximately 40% of all the tax deductible contributions, and essentially penalize soup kitchens, hospitals, and churches that provide essential services to those who need them most. It's no wonder this tax hike has been rejected on both sides of the aisle.

Background:

US Poverty Rate Swells To Nearly 1 In 6. The ranks of America's poor swelled to almost 1 in 6 people last year, reaching a new high as long-term unemployment left millions of Americans struggling and out of work. The number of uninsured edged up to 49.9 million, the biggest in more than two decades. The Census Bureau's annual report released Tuesday offers a snapshot of the economic well-being of U.S. households for 2010, when joblessness hovered above 9 percent for a second year. It comes at a politically sensitive time for President Barack Obama, who has acknowledged in the midst of a re-election fight that the unemployment rate could persist at high levels through next year. The overall poverty rate climbed to 15.1 percent, or 46.2 million, up from 14.3 percent in 2009. (The Associated Press, 9/13/11)

Ways & Means Ranking Member Sander Levin Has Opposed The President's Effort To Raise Taxes. Rep. Sander Levin (D-Mich.), who is the ranking member on the tax-writing Ways and Means Committee, delivered a speech in June in defense of many of the same tax deductions Obama is now targeting. "In the case of the charitable deduction, one has to keep in mind that the recipients of the contributions include universities, hospitals, churches and soup kitchens that provide critical services to working families," Levin said. (Roll Call, 9/14/11)

Majority Leader Cantor: It Doesn't Make Sense To Impose Taxes On Charitable Contributions When The Charities Are The Ones Out There Helping People. We have also found out through looking at his tax proposals, or at least the reports, that his tax proposals are going to impose taxes on charitable contributions and in fact impact at least 40 percent of tax deductible charitable contributions. I don't think there are many Americans right now who think that's a good idea. The question is why would we want to put an impediment in the way of the charities accessing funding when the charities are the ones out there helping the people in need right now? It doesn't make sense. (Remarks At The American Action Forum, 9/13/11)

(Politico) - That's 18 times in his speech to Congress, 18 times at the University of Richmond, 12 times in the Rose Garden (when he officially unveiled his 155-page bill), 18 times at a high school in Columbus, and 24 times at North Carolina State University he said "Pass This Bill".

so let me guess, greenie's, PETA, bunny huggers usa, ACORN, united negro college fund, select muslim groups, etc. are all in the 60% unaffected?

do I have that about right?

Lonecowboy said:
so let me guess, greenie's, PETA, bunny huggers usa, ACORN, united negro college fund, select muslim groups, etc. are all in the 60% unaffected?

do I have that about right?

Probably.

A fine example of the Left's determination to make the whole population of the U.S dependent on gov't.

Slowly but surely we have worked our way toward's that goal.

Latest posts