• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Obama tries to make a funny...in a bar...with children

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Twister Frost

Reaction score
Given my inability to bring only the picture forward, I will just paste the link---
Why do politicians always use babies/children during campaigning? Makes me sick, especially since it looks like he could spill the beer on the kid's head. Poor role model---first picture I have seen of a standing President in this predicament---if I am wrong, I am sure someone will post other pictures showing so.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-boy-where-birth-certificate-003605208--election.html

obamabeer.jpg

I have to ask...are kids allowed in a licenced establishment in the US?

They aren't here.

edited to add: Sorry, children are allowed in licenced restaurants, here, but not "bars"

That is a terrible photo op... :shock: :x

No, you are supposed to be 21 to be in a bar in the US. However, the copy in the article says "he met Barack Obama at a Florida sports bar and family joint on Saturday." So it must be a family place where an adult can go get a beer and bring it back to a table. Usually no hard liquor is sold in these
establishments.

Obama thinks he's really cute, did you notice???? :roll:

It is a state by state reg on kids in bars. Lots of bars will allow kids in the bar if with parents in Montana. Might not be legal but have seen it from time to time.

What's the difference between drinking a beer in a bar, and drinking beer at home?

Some bars are nice places. Take "Hooter's" for example. They have a full bar and kids go there all the time. Heck, I like the scenery myself. :wink:

Their slogan: "Delightfully tacky, yet unrefined".

Last time I went, there were several priests enjoying the atmosphere..........

ranch hand said:
It is a state by state reg on kids in bars. Lots of bars will allow kids in the bar if with parents in Montana. Might not be legal but have seen it from time to time.

As far as I know there is no law prohibiting kids from bars in Montana... When they were arguing that in the legislature years ago- it was pointed out that in many MT towns the only place a kid can get a burger or a pop in many towns is the bar...
For awhile kids were restricted from bars under the smoking law- if you allowed smoking in the bar- but now since all establishments are nosmoking- I know of no law stopping them if the owner allows them...

Come on now. How many presidents have we seen on tv drinking a cocktail at some function or hoisting a beer while campaigning?? Think kids don't see this on tv???

hypocritexposer said:
I have to ask...are kids allowed in a licenced establishment in the US?

They aren't here.

edited to add: Sorry, children are allowed in licenced restaurants, here, but not "bars"

It's not unusual at all to see children in bars in Texas. All I've ever seen appeared to be with their parents are were not consuming.

TSR said:
Come on now. How many presidents have we seen on tv drinking a cocktail at some function or hoisting a beer while campaigning?? Think kids don't see this on tv???

I guess I haven't seen any where children were present---but then again, I don't spend much of my time watching tv. I find it disgusting that when there are crimes involving teachers and children, it always comes out that teachers hold a position of authority and are held to a higher standard (to which I agree). But what higher authority for a public servant is there than the office of President? No wonder kids today do not understand the characteristics that their role models should possess and instead settle for mediocrity. As for me, I do not begrudge him a beer, but I feel that he shouldn't do so in front of kids, and nothing anyone says about past presidents will change my mind. If past presidents did it, then for me it is also wrong.

Everything done at this point in time is for image, that makes it an even bigger issue for me.

I hold the office of the President in high regards, I wish the President would as well.

Latest posts