• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Obama vs lobbyists

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hopalong

Reaction score
http://minnesotaindependent.com/90639/obama-hires-lobbyist-who-pushed-keystone-pipeline-and-comcast-merger

Even more interesting is some of the comments, like these:

Obama hires lobbyist who pushed Keystone pipeline and Comcast merger

Steve Gerdes
Comment posted October 25, 2011 @ 11:42 am
Why do you do **** like this? People like this are exactly what the 99% are fighting against all across the country. How do you expect to get re-elected by spitting in the face of all the people who put you in office in the first place? Do you really think that the oil companies and their cronies are going to vote for you, even if you continue to keep kissing their asses by hiring their lobbyists? Think again, and get yourself away from losers like this guy before you lose all of us in the process!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News about Barack Obama issue #1 | | Pucketts ProjectsPucketts Projects
Pingback posted October 25, 2011 @ 12:02 pm
[...] family in Vegas that benefited from his economic stimulus plan — one of se more… Obama hires lobbyist who pushed Keystone pipeline and Comcast merger – Minnesota Independent – minnesotaindependent.com 10/25/2011 ABC NewsObama hires lobbyist who pushed Keystone [...]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don Devine
Comment posted October 25, 2011 @ 12:37 pm
@Steve Gerdes — Agree completely! You've spoken for me. Could not have said it better. It's almost like he's TRYING to self destruct with decisions like this.

sharon collins
Comment posted October 25, 2011 @ 12:55 pm
I am So Disappointed ! Think of the future — think of your future grandchildren…..WE NEED SAFE ALTERNATIVE ENERGY — and CONSERVATION…
We do not need oil spills — ont on land nor on sea.
It seems you make 1/2 step forward — and then a full step or more backwards into the muck.
PLEASE !

Tony
Comment posted October 25, 2011 @ 12:56 pm
Dear Steve, we don't and have never elected the president, the electoral college does. If no one voted at all the electoral college would still elect the president. If anything this just show how we really are the 99% and we have no representation in Washington period!

Pamela Dritt
Comment posted October 25, 2011 @ 1:10 pm
@Steve Gerdes Well said!

Obama clearly doesn't realize the vast majority of voters are far more progressive than he is, especially on the environment. I feel betrayed as I watch his policies continue to aid the flow of wealth to the top, selling his supporters out to benefit the one percent. I'm in the top ten percent, and, like Warren Buffet, I don't want to live in the kind of world we're making.

If he wants to create jobs, President Obama should not permit the Keystone XL pipeline (few short-term construction jobs,) but should immediately enforce the EPA regulations on ozone, mercury, and other emissions. That would create many long-term technical and engineering jobs, increase innovation, help the economy, improve the environment, and reduce health-care costs. All using large profits from big coal and big oil rather than taxpayer dollars to pay for it.

Bookworm Bev
Comment posted October 25, 2011 @ 3:52 pm
At one point, before he was elected, he challenged the voters to "make him" do what is right. Time to take up the challenge! Support the Occupy movement and remember that there may be 100 senators, there may be 400 uber-rich, but there are 300 million of US! "We must all stand together or we'll all fall apart."

eddie radillo
Comment posted October 25, 2011 @ 9:00 pm
It totally amazes me that churches avoid discussing issues surrounding the serious threat the Keystone XL pipeline will cause to God's creation. How can anyone stand by and become subserviant to a company who has a terrible saftey record and extremely low marks.
A teacher who has to keep a child back a grade in school for the child's benefit has to learn, in life, that a choice like this will can prevent a child from failing later in life.
The moral of the story is we must make choices that are the right choices in life for the benefit of others. The choice for the benefit of others is to emphatically say NO to the Keystone XL Toxic Tarsands Oil!

FH- I heard on the radio- and saw on FB yesterday--besides half the women from your county heading to Williston for the $2000-$3000 a day paying jobs- your county already has an unemployment rate of 2.8%....

Those couple hundred left must be too old, ugly, or crippled to hang onto a pole!! :wink: :lol:

Most the counties around us were in the 3% unemployment rate- ours was 5% (but we are just now getting the oil boom)...

Really surprises me that since you call yourself a "conservative" you would oppose a President lobbying for more energy production projects -especially those that would benefit domestic oil production- and the removal of our depence on the Arabs and Muslim countries and overseas foreign governments that hate us... And join the treehuggers, greenyweenies, and NIMBYS....
WWBD- "What Would Bush Do" :???: (Give them another tax break)

Exxon Mobil reported quarterly earnings of $10.3 billion on Thursday, a surge of 41% from a year earlier. Why? Higher prices for oil and natural gas. Profit at the oil company soared compared to the same period a year ago, when it was $7.4 billion. Per-share income climbed to $2.13 per share from $1.44 in the prior year. And revenue rose to $125.3 billion from $95.3 billion in the year-ago quarter, the company said.

But I do agree- it is time to rein in all the tax breaks GW gave the oil companies-- and since they and the cartels make up a part of the reason for the current national economic problem-- make those millionaires/billionaires pay their fair share....

Oldtimer said:
FH- I heard on the radio- and saw on FB yesterday--besides half the women from your county heading to Williston for the $2000-$3000 a day paying jobs- your county already has an unemployment rate of 2.8%....

Those couple hundred left must be too old, ugly, or crippled to hang onto a pole!! :wink: :lol:

Most the counties around us were in the 3% unemployment rate- ours was 5% (but we are just now getting the oil boom)...

Really surprises me that since you call yourself a "conservative" you would oppose a President lobbying for more energy production projects -especially those that would benefit domestic oil production- and the removal of our depence on the Arabs and Muslim countries and overseas foreign governments that hate us... And join the treehuggers, greenyweenies, and NIMBYS....

Exxon Mobil reported quarterly earnings of $10.3 billion on Thursday, a surge of 41% from a year earlier. Why? Higher prices for oil and natural gas. Profit at the oil company soared compared to the same period a year ago, when it was $7.4 billion. Per-share income climbed to $2.13 per share from $1.44 in the prior year. And revenue rose to $125.3 billion from $95.3 billion in the year-ago quarter, the company said.

But I do agree- it is time to rein in all the tax breaks GW gave the oil companies-- and since they and the cartels make up a part of the reason for the current national economic problem-- make those millionaires/billionaires pay their fair share....

Maybe I'm playing devils advocate. Does that sound familiar?

Faster horses said:
Oldtimer said:

Maybe I'm playing devils advocate. Does that sound familiar?

Just wondering if it was an issue you supported- like Soaps NIMBYS- that claim to be conservatives- but run peeing in the wind when asked to put up their fair share to solve the problem ????

So FH- that means you support our Presidents lobbying for increased domestic and North American oil production-- and the XL pipeline :???:

What is comical to me is all the issues that now so many oppose- but if it was a Bush- or a McCain that was proposing it (and doing it the same way) they would be backslapping all the way... :lol:

Too much horsesh*t partisan politics- and one of the biggest reasons it will take many more years to recover from the Bush Bust..... :(

FH- I heard on the radio- and saw on FB yesterday--besides half the women from your county heading to Williston for the $2000-$3000 a day paying jobs-

Those couple hundred left must be too old, ugly, or crippled to hang onto a pole!!

totally uncalled for, to insinuate what you just did is low,..

other then you becoming a sorry excuse of a man.. I don't care what your sorry excuse is.. and I doubt an apology would help but now would be a good time to try..

oldtimer is nothing but a woman hating idiot!! loves to get OFF by insulting the ladies of ranchers.net

advocating rape and pillage Just wondering how long MACON will put up with oldtimers hate and degrading the women posters women when the advertiser s start pulling their ads

Boycott the advertiser and let them know that they have a choice

Steve said:
FH- I heard on the radio- and saw on FB yesterday--besides half the women from your county heading to Williston for the $2000-$3000 a day paying jobs-

Those couple hundred left must be too old, ugly, or crippled to hang onto a pole!!

totally uncalled for, to insinuate what you just did is low,..

other then you becoming a sorry excuse of a man.. I don't care what your sorry excuse is.. and I doubt an apology would help but now would be a good time to try..

Piss up a rope "Holier than Thou"-- it was the joke of the town yesterday- and quite comical on FB yesterday when the local Northern Ag Network reporter -- a ranch raised cowgirl cutie( that could ride your arse into the ground in a days work Steve) that I've known, rode with, and worked cows with for years put on FB that her mother had called her about the article- and she put out a joking call for fellow applicants to join her since she makes nothing like that working where she does...(Was asking that old skinflint conservative Taylor Brown for a raise... :lol: )
She had gobs of girls ( most all ranch gals from ages 18 to 80) from Fallon, Custer, Powder River, Carter, Valley or other eastern MT counties all volunteering to go with her-- all proclaiming their attributes and drawbacks... It was a comedy situation- and everyone ( even the conservatives of conservatives were joking about sending their wives over to finance their ranching situations)- but some old fuddy duddies are so wound tight in their better than everyone else- holier than thous- that they think their sh*t don't stink....
Are you telling me FH doesn't qualify because of limitations :???: ... I hadn't thought of it til you did ..... :roll:

Steve-- get out of New Joisey- and come on out-(that is an invite just like I told Katrina to come look at local cattle in their real life settings) I'll show you how rural folks really live- and don't get wound tight over the little things...

been to Montana, seen plenty of cattle growing up.. nothing new there..

never once saw a person make a rude comment and stand after words.. usually some fine decent person within arms reach taught them some manners..

and for you to hide behind a woman's skirt is not what i would expect from a cattleman, a Montanan, or a former sheriff/judge..

but you did... since I can't come out and personally make you apologize I decided to let you defend your words , I sent a copy of this thread to the Montana state judicial standards commission.. so go peddle your sorry excuse to them.. I am not buying your lieing sorry excuse, maybe they will..

Steve said:
been to Montana, seen plenty of cattle growing up.. nothing new there..

never once saw a person make a rude comment and stand after words.. usually some fine decent person within arms reach taught them some manners..

and for you to hide behind a woman's skirt is not what i would expect from a cattleman, a Montanan, or a former sheriff/judge..

but you did... since I can't come out and personally make you apologize I decided to let you defend your words , I sent a copy of this thread to the Montana state judicial standards commission.. so go peddle your sorry excuse to them.. I am not buying your lieing sorry excuse, maybe they will..

Yep-- and thats one of the major issues that caused a big gap between me and those radical rightwingernuts that call themselves conservatives-- they would love nothing better than to censor what can or can not be professed or published and stifle freedom of speech :( If it was up to many--- FAUX NEWS- Rush- and Glenn Beck would be the only sources of news ?)... Who are all trying to provoke Anarchy in this country :( ......

"You Can't Believe Most of the Quotes You Read On the Internet" -
Abraham Lincoln

If the lady you say I maligned was questioining it- it would be different... We have talked often on the phone (know her name, which I don't with most of the attacker/stalker mystery folks)- and if I thought my comment was offending I could call her- or she could call me....

But Steve- you keep telling us from New Joisey how we in Montana should interpret things and how we should live....Sadly its became the new Republican/conservative way- they can't stay out of peoples lives.... If you aren't trying to peek in our bedrooms, doctors offices, religious institutions- you want to tell us what we should laugh at or not... :roll: The reason I- and our state went more and more Libertarian- and further from either political party/cult...
Bad enough having the Californians moving in telling us how to live/talk-- now we New Jersey/East Coast city folk trying to do the same..... :roll: :( :mad:
Comical thing is- which I noticed again when I was talking to a Bostonian the other day- half the time I can't believe those folks or the New Joisey/Alabama folks are even from the same country...They darn sure don't speak my English.. :lol: :lol:

censor?

huge difference between censoring and asking a person to show a bit of dignity and courtesy towards others..

but feel free to keep digging and blaming others for your offensive comments..

you claim to be a judge, and respected, well, any decent man would have just realized it was a stupid comment and apologized..

Steve said:
censor?

huge difference between censoring and asking a person to show a bit of dignity and courtesy towards others..

but feel free to keep digging and blaming others for your offensive comments..

you claim to be a judge, and respected, well, any decent man would have just realized it was a stupid comment and apologized..

OT tries to censor through attempts to silence by intimidation. He tried it with me with his false accusations of sexual harassment and now he is trying to intimidate the females on the site that do not have the same opinions as he has.

He's a bigot, liar and a sexist. I probably forgot a few.......

He has been stalking and sexually harassing female conservatives, on Ranchers, for quite some time.

all the sexual innuendo etc. is harassment, plain and simple

He gives Ranchers a bad name

Well if you were to visit and scold him in person he would have his 6'5" 300#son there to squeeze our heads like a pimple, has threatened to do that on another site, no balls of his own.

I heard that he used to call for back up when Miss Betty called and said Otis the drunk had tipped his wheel chair over trying to kiss her. :wink: :wink:
When that terrible incident that happened in his town he stayed in the watering hole surrounded by protecting ladies in stead of using his ((super influence)) and all his high powered friends to get to the hospital to be with his wife.
According to him he had even trained the SWAT team, was a drinking buddy with every cop in the area. :wink: :wink: yet he chose to hide behind women s skirts. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Whatta man

EH?

Latest posts