• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Obama

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Clarencen

Reaction score
I don't usually give much credit to Obama, but I do think he showed a bit of leadership with this tax issue. True, it is just a 2 year extension with a bunch of concessions to satisfy the liberals, but it is a win win for the people.
The down side is the same thing will have to be resolved in two years. Again at a bad time. It seems the congress don't do much untill the very last minute.

I don't agree with his additional spending on unemployment. The election should have made him understand not to spend money we don't have.

Therre is more than just the additional UI spending in the bill if you take a look at it. I don't think it was "leadership" on the part of obama, but a bit of fear that the progressive ideals and tax policies, that he believes in, would not stimulate the economy, stimulation, which he needs happen if he is to to have any chance of re-election in 2012. My feeling is that it's a little too late. they nshould have started this type of tax relief, stimulus, the minute they were elected.

His economic advisors are now telling him that tax cuts will create jobs, which is contrary to what he and many other libs/progressives believe.

this advice started back in July with the economic advisor that left.

The President's economic advisor Christina Romer recently said that "tax cuts have positive output effects." Why doesn't this rhetoric seep into Obama's policy decisions? In a paper entitled "The Macroeconomic Effects of Tax Changes: Estimates Based on a New Measure of Fiscal Shocks," you can read the telling quote from Romer.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-07-29/business/22003641_1_tax-cuts-tax-increases-janet-yellen

This has more to do with obama's re-election than it does with his moving right or leadership. He wants a 2 term more than anything. He could care less about the rest.

For the past two years he stuffed everything leftist down the throats of voters he could without caring just how many Congressmen lost their jobs in the 2010 election. You might say he tossed them under bus for his Progressive agenda. But now that he is facing the voters in 2012 you can bet he will do or say anything he can to stay on the good side of voters. I hope the voters are smart enough to figure this out or if he is re-elected his second four years will be worse than the last two. JMF

Tam said:
For the past two years he stuffed everything leftist down the throats of voters he could without caring just how many Congressmen lost their jobs in the 2010 election. You might say he tossed them under bus for his Progressive agenda. But now that he is facing the voters in 2012 you can bet he will do or say anything he can to stay on the good side of voters. I hope the voters are smart enough to figure this out or if he is re-elected his second four years will be worse than the last two. JMF
Good post, Tam. But I'm not very optimistic in the voters being smart enough to figure it out. He'll get the hard-core lib vote that he got last time. He'll get the black vote that he got last time. And the people who weren't smart enough to figure him out last time? Why would you think they're any smarter this time? All that people had to do to predict his future is to look at his past - and they failed to do that.

Texan said:
Tam said:
Good post, Tam. But I'm not very optimistic in the voters being smart enough to figure it out. He'll get the hard-core lib vote that he got last time. He'll get the black vote that he got last time. And the people who weren't smart enough to figure him out last time? Why would you think they're any smarter this time? All that people had to do to predict his future is to look at his past - and they failed to do that.

Well after the polls that came out the other day saying that 67% of Americans think the US is going in the WRONG direction, I would have to say the public is waking up. So let's just hope that they don't fall back asleep and let this mistake of a President fool them a second time. I personally think George Soros and his money need to be sent packing back to whatever country he last tried to destroy and let them deal with him in a very PUBLIC way. :x

One of the things we have to fear the most is PART TIME watchers of the issues. They like sound bites but can't answer simple questions on happening issues and economic reasoning. Yet when they hear those sound bites they hop in line to vote as they did two years ago.

Tam said:
So let's just hope that they don't fall back asleep and let this mistake of a President fool them a second time.
I hope for the same thing, but I just don't share your optimism. Unless the Republicans can mount a unified campaign from a strong candidate, I see Obama being reelected. I know it's way too early, but I just don't see that strong candidate at this time and I certainly don't see much unity.

Huckaby might be able to pull it off. But it's going to take somebody like him who is soft-spoken and who doesn't alienate the moderates, gays, minorities, etc. Any candidate who is as conservative as you and I would really like - Palin, Demint, etc. - probably isn't electable.

Texan said:
Tam said:
So let's just hope that they don't fall back asleep and let this mistake of a President fool them a second time.
I hope for the same thing, but I just don't share your optimism. Unless the Republicans can mount a unified campaign from a strong candidate, I see Obama being reelected. I know it's way too early, but I just don't see that strong candidate at this time and I certainly don't see much unity.

Huckaby might be able to pull it off. But it's going to take somebody like him who is soft-spoken and who doesn't alienate the moderates, gays, minorities, etc. Any candidate who is as conservative as you and I would really like - Palin, Demint, etc. - probably isn't electable.

The problem you have is the candidate will have to survive the left wing media gauntlet assault to make it. Look who survived last time.. McCain(only because they didn't put him through the assault.)

Texan said:
Tam said:

If the economy doesn't show some improvement in the next year the voters, I would hope, will realize that a true Conservative like Demint and Palin will be the only way out of the mess the more moderate candidates have gotten the US into.
There is going to have to be some serious painful adjustments to the entitlement programs and Union benefits if there is any hope at all. But as we know no moderate is going to take the steps neccessary to do the job. Personally I think Christie might be another one that might be able to do what needs to be done. All you have to do is pay attention to who the left bias media is attacking to know just who might have the balls to do what needs to be done. The worse the attack, the better the chance that is the one the Conservatives will want running things after 2012.

My hopes are that the Republicans find A candidate without running everyone out of funds. As they are going to need everything they can raise to wage a war on Obama in 2012. If they go into the General Election short on funds it will be over before it begins as you can bet Soros will bank roll another dirty fight to retain the Presidency for his puppet. :x

Cattle economy strong, ranchers say

By TOM LUTEY, The Billings Gazette (MT)

Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Were the smiles hard to suppress at the Montana Stockgrowers Association's annual meeting? Do cowboys wear boots?

As ranchers gathered in Billings this week, cattle prices were nearing record highs. Hay barns were bursting with forage after a summer so wet it nearly washed away the memory of drought.

Then China announced it would begin buying U.S. beef again, potentially boosting exports by $200 million.

The only thing missing was a reprieve from the estate tax, and shortly before the hotel bar closed Thursday morning, Congress gave ranchers that, too.

"Things are as good as I've ever seen," said Tom Hougen of Melstone, the Stockgrowers' outgoing president. "This is where the price of beef should be if you want family ranches to stay family ranches."

Veteran agriculture radio announcer Taylor Brown of the Northern Ag Network told a crowd of more than 100 stockgrowers gathered for lunch that he wasn't sure things could get any better, but that this year was certainly the prosperous year that farmers and ranchers had been chasing...

more

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/69d9a50a-6257-58ea-9600-a6f44e28bc3c.html

Oldtimer said:
Cattle economy strong, ranchers say

By TOM LUTEY, The Billings Gazette (MT)

Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Were the smiles hard to suppress at the Montana Stockgrowers Association's annual meeting? Do cowboys wear boots?

As ranchers gathered in Billings this week, cattle prices were nearing record highs. Hay barns were bursting with forage after a summer so wet it nearly washed away the memory of drought.

Then China announced it would begin buying U.S. beef again, potentially boosting exports by $200 million.

The only thing missing was a reprieve from the estate tax, and shortly before the hotel bar closed Thursday morning, Congress gave ranchers that, too.

"Things are as good as I've ever seen," said Tom Hougen of Melstone, the Stockgrowers' outgoing president. "This is where the price of beef should be if you want family ranches to stay family ranches."

Veteran agriculture radio announcer Taylor Brown of the Northern Ag Network told a crowd of more than 100 stockgrowers gathered for lunch that he wasn't sure things could get any better, but that this year was certainly the prosperous year that farmers and ranchers had been chasing...

Yep I will take a year like 2010 any day over those "prosperous" years in the eighties.

more

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/69d9a50a-6257-58ea-9600-a6f44e28bc3c.html

Effects of High Inflation Rates
Increasing inflation usually denotes slowing of economy as prices for food, commodities and services rise and the currency weakens. Some of the most prominent effects of inflation are noted here.

•Increase in costs – you have to pay more for edible products, energy commodities, transports, etc. This price increasing effect will be significant for imported goods like oil and gas.

Hmmmmmmm
price of cattle -------up
price of grain-------- up
price of oil ------------up

so we get more dollars for our cattle, what will it buy????

Jan 20th 2008 - price of gasoline $1.81

what will it be this coming Jan. 20th $3.??-$4.00, nearly double-
calf prices didn't double!
SZtockgrower need to recalculate.

Lonecowboy said:
Increasing inflation usually denotes slowing of economy as prices for food, commodities and services rise and the currency weakens. Some of the most prominent effects of inflation are noted here.

•Increase in costs – you have to pay more for edible products, energy commodities, transports, etc. This price increasing effect will be significant for imported goods like oil and gas.

Hmmmmmmm

And to bad our resident liberals haven't figured out that when it comes to filling ones gas tank and buying a steak, the gas tank always wins out. :wink: :roll:

Tam said:
Lonecowboy said:

Hmmmmmmm

And to bad our resident liberals haven't figured out that when it comes to filling ones gas tank and buying a steak, the gas tank always wins out. :wink: :roll:

:lol: :lol: Yep-- too bad these two are such Liberals :roll: :wink: :p :lol:

Larrry said:
I don't agree with his additional spending on unemployment. The election should have made him understand not to spend money we don't have.

what was the bailouts by Bush and Obama about....?

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Lonecowboy said:
Hmmmmmmm

:lol: :lol: Yep-- too bad these two are such Liberals :roll: :wink: :p :lol:

Hey oldtimer notice that the do not mention anything but cattle prices, not the price of consumer goods :wink: :wink:

Latest posts