• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Occupiers United With Islam

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Now lets have someone defend these nuts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpKVLVOr2FU&feature=player_embedded#!

Yea those that oldtimer saw on tv, and witnessed personally!!!! Downtown Glasgow was a hub of major protests, well known all over the state because of the size ((((two))) oldtimer and Otis the drunk that oldtimer paid to stand by him!!! :wink: :wink:

Mike said:
Still look like the 60's & 70's protestors? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you referring to the protestors of the 60's who were being drafted and not allowed to vote in federal elections?

TSR said:
Mike said:

Are you referring to the protestors of the 60's who were being drafted and not allowed to vote in federal elections?

Not many of those drafted were in the protest and spitting lines. I think he was referring to the 60's and 70's as the days between their baths or their IQ

Larrry said:
TSR said:
Mike said:

Not many of those drafted were in the protest and spitting lines. I think he was referring to the 60's and 70's as the days between their baths or their IQ

So you are against the 26th amendment and the constitution, and I guess I could throw in the 1st amendment ,too???

TSR said:
Larrry said:
TSR said:

So you are against the 26th amendment and the constitution, and I guess I could throw in the 1st amendment ,too???

You can always win an argument when you do the debating for the other guy. You failed again

Larrry said:
TSR said:
Larrry said:

You can always win an argument when you do the debating for the other guy. You failed again

I'm debating for myself, I represent what I THINK. But of course, its already been decided, unless they repeal the 26th,which I don't think will ever happen.

TSR said:
Larrry said:
TSR said:

I'm debating for myself, I represent what I THINK. But of course, its already been decided, unless they repeal the 26th,which I don't think will ever happen.

I never ever questioned the 26th. I was only questioning the fruitcakes like Jane Fonda who spat on the military. You do remember the long haired do nothing protestors doing that don't you.

I sure do and I also remember them being outnumbered by the others without whom the 26th probably wouldn't have been passed. You will always have your extremes in any large protest movement imo.

i remeber a hell of a lot more spits than anyone crying for the voting age of 18. Thew voting age would never of been changed if it had not been for the older voters, not the 18's to 21 that were protesting.

Larrry said:
i remeber a hell of a lot more spits than anyone crying for the voting age of 18. Thew voting age would never of been changed if it had not been for the older voters, not the 18's to 21 that were protesting.

Well Larry I think I agree with you, and as you say, the older voters evidently agreed with the 18-21 yr olds.

n his 1954 State of the Union address, President Dwight D. Eisenhower became the first president to publicly state his support for prohibiting age-based denials of suffrage for those 18 and older.[1]

On June 22, 1970, President Richard Nixon signed a law (not a constitutional amendment) which required the voting age to be 18 in all federal, state and local elections. In his statement on signing the extension of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, Nixon stated:

Despite my misgivings about the constitutionality of this one provision, I have signed the bill. I have directed the Attorney General to cooperate fully in expediting a swift court test of the constitutionality of the 18-year-old provision.

"Old enough to fight, old enough to vote," was a common slogan used by proponents of lowering the voting age. The slogan traced its roots to World War II, when President Franklin D. Roosevelt lowered the military draft age to eighteen.

if you look at the history of the amendment you will see it isn't always the way history portrayed it..

TSR said:
Mike said:

the protestors of the sixties were drafted because a democratic President lowered the draft age, and until two republican presidents spoke out and acted, little was done to actually fix the problem created by lowering the draft age..

TSR said:
Larrry said:

Well Larry I think I agree with you, and as you say, the older voters evidently agreed with the 18-21 yr olds.

yes but those protesting were not the 18-21 yr olds, they were the 21 to 25+ group

Latest posts