• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Occupy protesters attacking little old ladies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Occupy DC Protesters assaulted conservatives as they exited an Americans For Prosperity "Tribute to Ronald Reagan" dinner.

78 years old, rode 11 hrs on a bus from Detroit to attend the dinner, taken to hospital with multiple injuries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgcRlrt2ZL4&feature=player_embedded

But, but, but. OT claims they are reminiscent of the peaceful protests of the 60's & 70's? :roll:

Mike said:
But, but, but. OT claims they are reminiscent of the peaceful protests of the 60's & 70's? :roll:

It is reminiscient of the protests of those years-- but its quite apparent you didn't see the protests of the 60's and 70's- the blocks of burning buildings- burned down draft offices- turned over and burning police cars- taken over colleges- National Guardsmen firing on the Kent State campus protesters...March's and demonstrations being challenged because of not having parade permits...

do you ever notice how an argument is presented,

a liberal might say.. a national guardsman fired on students, to explain the radical's of the 70's.

but a conservative would point out that, the radical liberation army in California killed an innocent bank customer, or how panther newton shot an innocent police officer in cold blood, (From the fall of 1967 through the end of 1970, nine police officers were killed and 56 were wounded, by panthers in Cal alone) or how they tortured some of their own members suspected of being informants. planted bombs, in fact they could show a long and violent list of radicals..

but then how you look at a situation often is how you look at life in general.. you can blame it on a person doing his duty in a place he didn't want to be... or the ones who cause the violence to begin with..

but most liberals forget what led to the tragedy..
Trouble exploded in town around midnight when people left a bar and began throwing beer bottles at cars and breaking downtown store fronts. In the process they broke a bank window, setting off an alarm. The news spread quickly and it resulted in several bars closing early to avoid trouble. Before long, more people had joined the vandalism and looting.

By the time police arrived, a crowd of 120 had already gathered. Some people from the crowd had already lit a small bonfire in the street. The crowd appeared to be a mix of bikers, students, and transient people. A few members of the crowd began to throw beer bottles at the police, and then started yelling obscenities at them. The entire Kent police force was called to duty as well as officers from the county and surrounding communities. The decision to close the bars early increased the size of the angry crowd. Police eventually succeeded in using tear gas to disperse the crowd from downtown, forcing them to move several blocks back to the campus

Saturday, May 2

City officials and downtown businesses received threats while rumors proliferated that radical revolutionaries were in Kent to destroy the city and university. The decision to call in the National Guard was made at 5:00 P.M., but the guard did not arrive into town that evening until around 10 P.M. A large demonstration was already under way on the campus, and the campus Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) building was burning. More than a thousand protesters surrounded the building and cheered its burning. Several Kent firemen and police officers were struck by rocks and other objects while attempting to extinguish the blaze. Several fire engine companies had to be called in because protesters carried the fire hose into the Commons and slashed it.[13][14][15] The National Guard made numerous arrests and used tear gas;

Monday, May 4

On Monday, May 4, a protest was scheduled to be held at noon, as had been planned three days earlier. University officials attempted to ban the gathering, handing out 12,000 leaflets stating that the event was canceled. Despite this, an estimated 2,000 people gathered

Companies A and C, 1/145th Infantry and Troop G of the 2/107th Armored Cavalry, Ohio Army National Guard (ARNG), the units on the campus grounds, attempted to disperse the students.

Just before noon, the Guard returned and again ordered the crowd to disperse. When most of the crowd refused, the Guard used tear gas. Because of wind, the tear gas had little effect in dispersing the crowd, and some launched a second volley of rocks toward the Guard's line, to chants of "Pigs off campus!" The students lobbed the tear gas canisters back at the National Guardsmen,

When it was determined the crowd was not going to disperse, a group of 77 National Guard troops from A Company and Troop G began to advance upon the hundreds of protesters

The guardsmen pursued the protesters over the hill, but rather than veering left as the protesters had, they continued straight, heading down toward an athletic practice field enclosed by a chain link fence. Here they remained for about ten minutes, unsure of how to get out of the area short of retracing their entrance path. While on the practice field, the guardsmen generally faced the parking lot which was about 100 yards away. For a few moments, several guardsmen formed a loose huddle and appeared to be talking to one another. The guardsmen appeared to be unsure as to what to do next.

They had cleared the protesters from the Commons area, and many students had left, but some stayed and were still angrily confronting the soldiers, some throwing rocks and tear gas canisters. About ten minutes later, the guardsmen began to retrace their steps back up the hill toward the Commons area. Some of the students on the Taylor Hall veranda began to move slowly toward the soldiers as the latter passed over the top of the hill and headed back down into the Commons.

Further analysis of the audiotape revealed that four pistol shots and a violent confrontation occurred approximately 70 seconds before the National Guard opened fire. According to The Plain Dealer, this new analysis raised questions about the role of Terry Norman, a Kent State student who was an FBI informant and known to be carrying a pistol during the disturbance.

According to recently released FBI reports,[citation needed] one part-time student, Terry Norman, was already noted by student protesters as an informant for both campus police and the Akron FBI branch. Norman was present during the May 4 protests, taking photographs to identify student leaders, while carrying a sidearm and wearing a gas mask. On August 13, 1973, Indiana Senator Birch Bayh sent a memo to then-governor of Ohio John J. Gilligan suggesting that Norman may have fired the first shot, based on testimony he [Bayh] received from guardsmen who claimed that a gunshot fired from the vicinity of the protesters instigated the Guard to open fire on the students.

Eight of the guardsmen were indicted by a grand jury. The guardsmen claimed to have fired in self-defense, a claim which was generally accepted by the criminal justice system. In 1974 U.S. District Judge Frank Battisti dismissed charges against all eight on the basis that the prosecution's case was too weak to warrant a trial

The Kent State incident forced the National Guard to re-examine its methods of crowd control. The only equipment the guardsmen had to disperse demonstrators that day were M1 Garand rifles loaded with .30-06 FMJ ammunition, 12 Ga. pump shotguns, and bayonets, and CS gas grenades. In the years that followed, the U.S. Army began developing less lethal means of dispersing demonstrators (such as rubber bullets), and changed its crowd control and riot tactics to attempt to avoid casualties amongst the demonstrators. Many of the crowd-control changes brought on by the Kent State events are used today by police and military forces in the United States when facing similar situations, such as the 1992 Los Angeles Riots and civil disorder during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

backed into a corner in a violent situation, with gunshots ringing out,.. inadequately trained guardsman made a bad decision..

it was a tragedy,.. and if you look at the events that led to the tragedy it is not unlike what is unfolding with the OWS protestors..

I pray our police and service members are never put in a situation where they have to face an angry mob of American citizens.. but it seems almost every day our far lift liberal are putting them in that situation.. only to blame the officers and service-members when it all goes to hell.. a hell they protestors created..

OH I see how it works, in oldtimers mind it was done in the protests of 60's,70's and 80's so it is ok !!!Funny I saw all them protests and I sure as hell didn't see little old ladies attacked, and I am willing to bet you didn't either oldtimer.

EH?????????

hopalong said:
OH I see how it works, in oldtimers mind it was done in the protests of 60's,70's and 80's so it is ok !!!Funny I saw all them protests and I sure as hell didn't see little old ladies attacked, and I am willing to bet you didn't either oldtimer.
EH?????????

You apparently didn't watch the 1965 Selma to Montgomery Alabama marches- where the State Police beat anyone of any age standing in front of them...

Televised beatings which were the straw that broke the camels back- and made passing many civil rights acts inevitable...

The marches shifted public opinion about the Civil Rights movement. The images of Alabama law enforcement beating the nonviolent protesters were shown all over the country and the world by television networks and newspapers. The visuals of such brutality being carried out by the state of Alabama helped shift the image of the segregationist movement from one of a movement trying to preserve the social order of the South to a system of state-endorsed terrorism against non-whites.

The marches also had a powerful effect in Washington. After witnessing TV coverage of "Bloody Sunday," President Lyndon Baines Johnson met with Governor George Wallace in Washington to discuss with him the civil rights situation in his state. He tried to persuade Wallace to stop the state harassment of the protesters. Two nights later, on March 15, 1965, Johnson presented a bill to a joint session of Congress. The bill itself would later pass and become the Voting Rights Act. Johnson's speech in front of Congress was considered to be a watershed moment for the civil rights movement; Johnson even used the movement's most famous slogan "We shall overcome".

The lefty excuses arise again. Something bad happened some other time so it excuses bad behavior now.

Why is so hard to condemn bad behavior you lefties?

OT wrote:
You apparently didn't watch the 1965 Selma to Montgomery Alabama marches- where the State Police beat anyone of any age standing in front of them...

I did. It happened just a few miles from me. But the part about beating anyone of any age is not correct, are you lying again? :lol:

The reason the march was halted was the marchers had every intention of creating havoc and blocking traffic along a busy highway route. Don't think for a minute those folks were going to walk 30 miles that afternoon when dressed in their Sunday Best clothes. Women with High-Heeled shoes walking that far? :roll:

you have to forgive oldtimer, he is looking for any excuse he can find to try and bolster his case of nothing :wink:

So based on the idea if it was done before its ok to do it now........How about businesses putting "No Irish apply" " blacks sit at the back of the bus"
"women take you place in the kitchen and forget about the right to vote"

If something is WRONG we need to have the courage to say so......Come on ot did you or did you not stand up for the trompled upon? Do you side with the abusive husband? What about the out of work cowboy who steals a horse and some cows?
I am SO GLAD I talked shoer out of moving to Montana.....Whocares there is a prison and I will have work, I can find work anywhere.

MsSage said:
So based on the idea if it was done before its ok to do it now........How about businesses putting "No Irish apply" " blacks sit at the back of the bus"
"women take you place in the kitchen and forget about the right to vote"

If something is WRONG we need to have the courage to say so......Come on ot did you or did you not stand up for the trompled upon? Do you side with the abusive husband? What about the out of work cowboy who steals a horse and some cows?
I am SO GLAD I talked shoer out of moving to Montana.....Whocares there is a prison and I will have work, I can find work anywhere.

hold on one second... you might have had a point up until someone stole a horse and some cows.. that was never acceptable...

sometimes the old-timer ways had some merit.. but not when you cross that fence.. .. :shock: :eek:

Did anybody else see where some OWS protesters threw themselves in front of a mercedes and then claimed the guy ran them over?

Seems they attempting to pick out a 1%er driving, in attempts to make a point that the 1%er was targeting them. the driver was a black man dressed in a "hoodie".

I guess the 1%ers can also be those that the "left" claims are racially excluded from having "advantages" :lol:

Latest posts