• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oh to be a staffer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Many have accepted the call to serve in Government and to assist me in restoring a sound economy and in improving the lives of average Americans. In this challenging economic period, it is only appropriate that senior officials on the White House staff forgo pay increases until further notice.

Accordingly, as a signal of our shared commitment to restoring the country's economic vitality and because of the serious economic conditions we are facing, I intend to freeze the salaries of senior members of the White House staff, to the extent permitted by law. I direct you to report back to me within 30 days with recommendations for actions to implement this freeze.

BARACK OBAMA

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Pay_Freeze/

253—or 74%—got raises in 2010.

Now, there are some important caveats: First of all, these are mostly staffers making less than $100,000, so the amounts aren't obscenely large. The biggest raise in absolute terms went to Jennifer Psaki, who went from making $113,000 a year as a special assistant to the president and deputy press secretary to $150,000 as a deputy assistant to the president and deputy communications director, a 33% bump. The biggest in percentage terms went to speechwriters Cody Keenan, Jonathan Lovett, and Jeffrey Stephens, all of whom got 66% percent raises, from $45,000 to $75,000. Secondly, the 9% average is calculated from the 253 people who got raises, because that's what we think "average raise" means. If, as the White House insisted to us is more accurate, you include all the staffers who didn't get raises, the average drops to 6%—or more than twice what the average white-collar worker saw. And thirdly, these salary increases include, as in Frankel's case, promotions.

http://gawker.com/5687778/white-house-staffers-got-a-bigger-raise-than-you-did-last-year

ScreenHunter_01Jul061701.gif

Hypocrit-- to be Fair and Balanced- would you tell us what each of those folks job is- and their education- and experience...

The last I saw was that the Washington D.C. area was the 8th highest cost of living city/area in the country...

Makes you wonder how much that really is---when you have local school administration, truck drivers, construction workers and railroad workers- to name a few- making $100,000 to $200,000 a year.. :???:

And I agree- that some on here chose to run off folks like Reader2 that lives and works in that area- and can tell you the rest of the story/real story !!!

go to the link, if you can't read the positions they hold. I provided a "fair and balanced" list for you.

Why did obama lie about the raises?

hypocritexposer said:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Pay_Freeze/

253—or 74%—got raises in 2010.

http://gawker.com/5687778/white-house-staffers-got-a-bigger-raise-than-you-did-last-year

Yea r2 could tell us all about her cousin who knew someone who heard that it was all great, or bad depending on what was being said :wink: :wink:

They get huge raises, what did the SS recips get??

A new bill in Congress would provide a one-time $250 payment to senior citizens, veterans and the disabled in the event that no Social Security cost-of-living adjustment is payable in 2011.

What about the recips that live in DC where as you stated the cost of living is high??
They get the same as the ones that live in a low cost of living!!!!!!
Guess that makes no difference to you in Montana huh??
After all you and yours are doing just great :wink: :wink: :wink:

Kinda like you oldtimer skirt the real issiue to try and make a point, yet failing :D

Oldtimer said:
Hypocrit-- to be Fair and Balanced- would you tell us what each of those folks job is- and their education- and experience...

The last I saw was that the Washington D.C. area was the 8th highest cost of living city/area in the country...

one might ask a different question.. one might ask what raises those on the other end got...

did the elderly in DC get a SS cost of living increase? (not for the last two years,)

did the military serving in and around get a proportional raise in COLAs..

No Cost of Living Allowance for Washington DC area military

CONUS COLA is available to those who are assigned to locations where the price of a "basket of good and services" exceeds 108 per cent of the national average. When CONUS COLA was implemented the rate was purposely set at a level that the Services could afford and excluded the Washington DC metro area, whose index was 104.7% .. Several years ago the Services reviewed the CONUS COLA legislation and made recommendations to lower the threshold from 108% to 107% or lower. After a thorough review, lowering the percentage one point was deemed too costly and the pay out index remains at 108%. With the current threshold set at 108% there are 41 locations that receive CONUS COLA. Even lowering the index would not result in DC receiving a CONUS COLA, as there are 62 military housing areas more expensive than DC that do not currently receive a CONUS COLA."

so how do ya explain that little fact?

Latest posts