• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oil Spill in Gulf

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Looks like its workin but why aint the gov let the state get a start on the man made islands and start skimin? Don't blame them folks for raisen hell and bein so mad. The news says the tide has took the oil 10 miles into the wet lands. Bp lies about the amount bein spilt. Now the finger pointin gets started

I hope the governor of LA just goes ahead with the island he can ask for forgivness instead of permission. My heart goes out to those in LA.

Obama a day late. A hog huntin buddy of mine that's a driller on a offshore rig said that some of the scrimper are pullin boats that katrina washed up on shore and gettin them registered so they can claim more loses. Can't say that I blame them. The way the goverment works it will be a while before they see a dime, if any.

gizmom said:
They have started the top kill attempt. Please pray that this works!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127073848

Gizmom
http://www.gizmoangus.com

'Top kill' fails to stop flow of oil, BP says
By the CNN Wire Staff
May 29, 2010 6:27 p.m. EDT

Venice, Louisiana (CNN)-- BP's "top kill" attempt to stop the flow of oil from a ruptured wellin the Gulf of Mexico failed, the company's chief operating officer said Saturday.

The oil giant has tried for days to stop the the largest oil spillin U.S. history by pumping heavy, mudlike drilling fluidinto a ruptured oil well, a method known as "top kill."

The next option is to place a custom-built cap known as the "lower marine riser package" over the leak, the company's chief operating officer, Doug Suttles said. BP crews were working Saturday to ready the materials for that option should it become necessary, he said.

"We've been prepping that all alongin case we need to move to that option," he said. "People want to know which technique is going to work, and I don't know."

Latest posts