• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oilfield trash

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Heel Fly

Reaction score
I found it ironic that I would go out to check our yrlings and have not one but two with thread protectors on their feet. One heifer had it on her Lfront outside toe and it fell off on the way home, this heifer wasn't so lucky. We'll be lucky if it doesn't cause permenate damage.
cowfoot016.jpg

cowfoot002.jpg

Wow!! Especially after Elwapo just posted the same thing happenin at his place.

We've got a new well goin in here on the edge of town, I'd like to see what kinda fences the oil field companies put up in your area, I'll take some pictures of what they should be doin and post them. this kinda stuff makes you think they just pull into a pasture and drill a well with no fences at all keepin livestock away from the area.

thanks for the post heel fly. Looks like the oil patch needs to be educated!
I thought my case was a freak occurance.

FH the oil field pipe comes with one end threaded on the outside and one end threaded on the inside so that the joints will screw together, the end with the exposed threads has a thread protector on it, that basically just unscrews and has no other use than that. If the pipe were shipped without the thread protectors on it, then when it came time to use it, they might have damage and wouldn't screw onto the joint of pipe they are puttin on next. I'd think they'd reuse them(thread protectors), maybe they just drop a few here and there or they fall off their trucks and they don't find them. (until a cow steps in one )

Latest posts