• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

OK, who ordered up this crappy weather???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
Since Sunday, it's been cold, windy, and rainy. Damn tired of it already. I hear rumours that come this Sunday, we're going to see snow. :mad: And I hear it's coming in from Montana. Could you all just keep it down there, please?

I guess I could take the blame, can't have Homecoming Football game without at least a little moisture and cold. Not only that, I finished haulin' hay today. And with the moisture, break up some hayland.

Amen to yur Post title..lol Not real pleasant here either,,,no moisture yet, but cold temps and that dang east wind...I think sometimes a north wind is warmer than these east winds...Where oh Where did our fall sunshine go???? :cry2:

Freezing cold here this morning and "SNOW" just started coming down pretty hard.

Wondering how the sw and Ot families are making out in thier blizzard.... :(

Mrs.Greg said:
Freezing cold here this morning and "SNOW" just started coming down pretty hard.

Wondering how the sw and Ot families are making out in thier blizzard.... :(

We are cold here today--26 this morning-only 45 and windy now...No rain or snow yet as its been staying south of the Missouri...My daughter and SIL are visiting his parents in Big Timber- and they called this morning and said there is 6 inchs of snow there- but up on the mountain at the mine where his Dad works there is a FOOT and a half... :shock:

Weather boys still say our highest chances aren't until Sat night and Sun- and that all northeastern Montana will end up white, with blowing and drifting snow- altho they predict most the heavy stuff to stay in central and southern Montana...

Anybody want to trade? started raining last night about 8, rained and rained and then turned to snow and has snowed all day. The trees still have their leaves so they are bent over big time under the weight. Still snowing, supposed to get between 1 and 2 feet by Sunday night. The snow is so heavy that it is not getting deeper, the weight of it is smashing it down. Unreal. I tried to call ALGORE about this global warming and got a busy signal. Just glad we are almost done calving. Branding may be a difficult task but we have a Soapweed branding contraption so I know we can get the job done.
out the front door
IMG_0991.jpg

view from the computer

IMG_0993.jpg

do do do looking out my backdoor
IMG_0990.jpg

I'll betcha Lilly is mowing weeds or hay today...wearing sleeveless shirt and sweating...maybe she'll trade with ya...lol

Getting a little bit of "snain" right now...No wind- 39 degrees...
Accuweather is now predicting 3 FEET of snow in the mountains...I wonder how many still have cows out in those Mountain pastures?

They have a picture of Bozeman Pass....

http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.asp?partner=accuweather&blog=Weathermatrix&pgurl=/mtweb/content/Weathermatrix/archives/2008/10/rockies_snowstorm_over_three_feet_of_snow.asp

Real cold here in northern Cali,22 degrees right now,rained a couple days ago for about 12 hours not much accumulation,small dusting of snow yesterday,super cloudy.

Still not getting much here- a little "snain"- but it hasn't even got the ground wet- temp is 37 degrees...But the radar shows its slowly moving north and east....Just talked to my daughter in Big Timber who was coming home today and she said its snowing hard there with bad visibility on the roads...

I understand this is picking up "tropical moisture" from whats left over of Hurricane Norbert...Sure wish we could have got that "tropical moisture" in July.. :?

Just a really quick snow shower this morning here, but south of us it snowed for awhile, but melted off quickly.

Woke up to it snowing this morning.
Sister called from down south and they got 8" overnight on top of all the snow they got over the last couple of days. From the sounds of it the town they live in is closed.

It snowed all night here- was melting as fast as it hit the warm ground and didn't start sticking until about 4 AM...Only have about an inch or two now of wet slop- temp is 31-- but the predictions are for up to a foot more thru today and into tomorrow... Snowing pretty heavy right now...
Yep- sounds like the roads in the southern part of the state where its been snowing the last couple days are terrible...

We needed the moisture- but if I had my druthers I'd druther have had rain...

We're up to about 8 inchs now- and snowing heavy...Big wet flakes- not much wind...
I just saw on one of the weather websites where Pony Mt. (south of Three Forks- Kind of Kris's old country) has over 3 FEET of snow by this afternoon...
They're still saying they think this will move north and east out of our area and into Canada tonite...

Oldtimer said:
We're up to about 8 inchs now- and snowing heavy...Big wet flakes- not much wind...
I just saw on one of the weather websites where Pony Mt. (south of Three Forks- Kind of Kris's old country) has over 3 FEET of snow by this afternoon...
They're still saying they think this will move north and east out of our area and into Canada tonite...

Oh, I feel for them :shock: :( . We had 3.5 feet or better of snow in the first dump in Oct of '06. I had just moved in here and was here for approx 2 weeks when we got that. I was here alone when that happened, no phone, no power for days. Some folks never got power or phone back for close to a month :shock: . Completely snowed in. I had to ride one of the mares out to find someone to plow out the driveway (my driveway is 1 km long). The snow was up past the mare's chest. It wasn't a whole lot of fun and I really wouldn't want a repeat.

Hanta Yo said:
We needed the moisture- but if I had my druthers I'd druther have had rain...

Me, too

The bright side- we won't have to worry about dust pneumonia for awhile :D :wink:

My son was going to move the backhole and loader up this weekend and start cleaning out a few springs and building up some dry dams...This will stop that for awhile...

Latest posts