• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Old Rifle Cartridge Question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Not sure about the Dominion, but i've found several .50 caliber shell cassings on the ranch up home in south dakota that on the bottom read 43 (or i was told they were .50 caliber). They were used during target practice during the war over what was then armstrong county due to its low population. Dad said they would pull a target with one airplane and then shoot at it from another.....they weren't suppose to, but they just let the shells fall and they didn't always land in armstrong county...haha. i heard they had to use up so many shells a day or whatever and they would get lazy and just kick out full belts of them. I've heard of people finding them, although I haven't. I have however found several witht he bullets in them singly and a couple clipped together.

Just my added bit.

Take care

Boy BMr you are really tempting me with your description of a big guy in a desk in grade 8. I'd love to make a comment or two but I guess I won't, somebody back in grade 7 told me never to pi$$ off a guy with a gun! :wink: :twisted:Wouldn't want to become known as a sh** disturber!

43 M sure sounds like 43 Mauser to me.

Of course there were several 43 cartridges, U.S. names for european cartridges. The 43 Beaumont (two versions), 43 Egyptian (very similar if not identical to the Beaumont), 43 Mauser and 43 Spanish. Think that there might have been another 43 Spanish like round as well.

Latest posts