• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oldtimer, what do you think?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Is he serious? Or just trying to deflect the public and media away from the Plame affair? Link below.

"President Bush sought support Tuesday for his guest worker plan for foreigners, hoping to win over skeptical conservatives with a pledge to clamp down on illegal immigration — one of a growing number of issues causing friction between the White House and fellow Republicans.

Bush and his advisers are caught between their business supporters, who believe the economy needs foreign workers, and conservatives whose priority is to get tough on illegal immigration. The right flank of the GOP also is upset about federal spending and Bush's nomination of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9738812/

Hopefully the Republican party is finally listening to the conservatives and looking at closing the border and cleaning up the 12 million illegals already in the country before even thinking of an amnesty or guest worker program...And hopefully this isn't another case of politicians blowing smoke.....

I think one thing that has brought this even more to a forefront is the Avian Flu issue...Many health professionals have suggested that if it gets to the epidemic state that they believe is possible, that all intercountry travel may have to be shut down and that even major sections of the interior US may need to be quarantined-- but how do you do that with no border security and thousands a day entering the country illegally thru the Mexican border - and coming from all areas of the world?

Frist to take on border bill first
By Stephen Dinan
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
October 14, 2005

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist said yesterday that the Senate will tackle border security and interior immigration enforcement before turning to the broader question of immigration reforms and a guest-worker program.
"It is a separate issue, but it's one that people understand," the Tennessee Republican said of border security. "It's an immediate issue, it needs to be addressed more aggressively, we need to do that."
Speaking with The Washington Times by telephone after a helicopter tour yesterday of 300 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas, Mr. Frist said he does not know whether an immigration bill can pass this year because of a heavy workload, but the Senate will pass a bill before adjourning next year.
He said the next immigration bill should address border security and could cover interior enforcement as well.
As majority leader, he controls the floor schedule of the Senate, and his decision will please many conservatives, who are calling for enforcement first. But it puts him at odds with President Bush and immigration rights advocates, who have said they want action on a broader guest-worker program this year.
His position on tackling enforcement first is similar to former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, who says the government must prove to voters that it can enforce immigration laws before Congress turns to a guest-worker plan.
"I think what I'm saying is probably parallel to that," Mr. Frist said. "The understanding of immigration issues will be accelerated by the condition of understanding what border security is about, what internal enforcement is about."
New House Majority Leader Roy Blunt, Missouri Republican, is also leaning in that direction, said his spokeswoman, Burson Taylor.
"Mr. Blunt's focus with respect to the immigration question is securing the border and enforcing the immigration laws we have on the books," she said, adding that it's the top issue on Republican constituents' minds. "Mr. Blunt was in 10 districts in August, and whether it was in Michigan or Georgia or his own district in Missouri, it is the number one issue."
Several guest-worker plans are circulating in the Senate, and Mr. Frist said Congress eventually will have to address the overall issue of foreign workers and illegal aliens now here, although he is not backing a proposal. However, he did say he's "opposed to amnesty."
Mr. Frist toured the border with Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, Texas Republican, and Lynne Underdown, chief of the Rio Grande Valley sector of the U.S. Border Patrol. He said that from the helicopter, he could see the worn paths that illegal aliens have made to the shallowest crossings of the Rio Grande.
"It is a torrential flow of aliens coming across the border that have little difficulty in entering this country and staying illegally," he said.
Congress last week passed the homeland security spending bill, which includes $10 billion for immigration law enforcement, including 1,000 new Border Patrol agents and more than 600 new immigration investigators and detention personnel to help with interior enforcement.
Mr. Frist said that is a substantive first step, "but when you fly along that long border, you realize that the technology is insufficient, the number of Border Patrol agents is insufficient to address what is an increasing challenge."
He said he was particularly interested in "special-interest aliens" -- those from countries where terrorists are active. Last year, 109 of these illegal aliens were picked up in the Rio Grande Valley sector.
"That's useful for me because this being a security issue, a humanitarian issue and an economic issue, the security aspect of it was driven home by the fact there were 109 of these special-interest aliens last year," Mr. Frist said.
The majority leader did not meet with members of the Minuteman Project, who are doing voluntary patrols to try to block aliens from illegally crossing the border. But he seemed to side more with their backers than their opponents -- including Mr. Bush, who has called them vigilantes.
"I did ask people over the course of today what their impressions were, and I left with a very positive attitude towards them, at least among the people I talked with -- that they were filling a gap that needs to be filled, and that most people feel the government has a responsibility to fill and has not done," he said.

Oldtimer said:
Hopefully the Republican party is finally listening to the conservatives and looking at closing the border and cleaning up the 12 million illegals already in the country before even thinking of an amnesty or guest worker program...And hopefully this isn't another case of politicians blowing smoke.....

I think one thing that has brought this even more to a forefront is the Avian Flu issue...Many health professionals have suggested that if it gets to the epidemic state that they believe is possible, that all intercountry travel may have to be shut down and that even major sections of the interior US may need to be quarantined-- but how do you do that with no border security and thousands a day entering the country illegally thru the Mexican border - and coming from all areas of the world?

Conservatives like Ted Cruz, no doubt...

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

Conservatives like Ted Cruz, no doubt...

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) will visit the Customs and Border Protection facility in McAllen, Texas, on Saturday and participate in an event with conservative media magnate Glenn Beck.

"Tens of thousands of children are being smuggled into the United States by dangerous drug cartels and transnational gangs -- it is heartless to allow that to continue," Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier told The Blaze in an email.

"But while we work to reverse the policies that have caused this tragedy, it is important we recognize the human element of this crisis, and Sen. Cruz is glad to join Glenn Beck and Mercury One in that effort to provide some relief from the suffering this administration is causing," she added.

Yep- I agree 100% with Cruz that these smuggled in kids need to be treated humanely and need to get their day in court... And that we/Congress should be working diligently and quickly to change the law that requires that we give them court hearings - and that we build the infrastructure (courts, judges, and staff) to give these kids a quick hearing (instead of going on vacation for 3 months)- ... Its something that needed to be done long ago with the Immigration Courts- rather than writing out NTA's...

But since our policy for the last 60 years has been lax border security/immigration enforcement-- with the anchor baby law creating mixed citizen families- I'm not sure that it is tactically and logistically possible to deport all these folks... The last estimates I saw was that the number of illegals has increased to over 20 million now...
I am against any type of Amnesty allowing immediate citizenship- but would go for allowing everyone that can prove residence for the past several years being granted legal immigrant status under a lot of conditions that would allow them to work toward becoming a US citizen- with the first condition being they learn to fluently read and write English....

Illegal should never lead to citizenship. There should be greater sanction than that, but I don't know what it is. I think we outta offer a free bus ride back if they don't like what we offer, but they're not citizens and should never enjoy that. You can steal residency, but you can't steal citizenship.

Yep- I agree 100% with Cruz that these smuggled in kids need to be treated humanely and need to get their day in court... And that we/Congress should be working diligently and quickly to change the law that requires that we give them court hearings -

ok... which one... the immigrants should get their day in court... or you/congress should change the law so they don't get a day in court..

:roll:

Steve said:
Yep- I agree 100% with Cruz that these smuggled in kids need to be treated humanely and need to get their day in court... And that we/Congress should be working diligently and quickly to change the law that requires that we give them court hearings -

ok... which one... the immigrants should get their day in court... or you/congress should change the law so they don't get a day in court..

:roll:
Every time I read a post like this by the Ol' Phat Pervert himself I can only shake my head in disbelief. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are literally thousands on these pages just begging for someone to assemble them in to a huge compost pile. Not unlike himself.

Go to the very top of this thread, read the title then read his last post in this thread and put them together. If that doesn't give you a picture of a warped mind.......You don't know warped. :wink:

Is he senile, demented, psychotic, psychotrophic, drunk, or just plain dumb?

A post from 2005!!!! GET A LIFE GUYS!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It is only wrong to bring up past posts if you are not oldtimer,,, If he does kolo=jingo=lulu=allie will approve :roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts