• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oldtimer who said this.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
"There's been a tendency on the part of this administration to try to hide behind executive privilege every time there's something a little shaky taking place. The administration would be best served by coming clean on this."

Tam said:
"There's been a tendency on the part of this administration to try to hide behind executive privilege every time there's something a little shaky taking place. The administration would be best served by coming clean on this."

Tam I don't have the slightest idea- but I would imagine from the sound it was the opponent of one of the Presidents of the United States and or one of the other members of the executive branch who dating back to 1796 have claimed executive privilege...
In modern times that could have been an opponent of Truman, Eisenhower, Nixon, Clinton, GW Bush or Obama... Clinton who claimed it 14 times or GW Bush who claimed executive privilege 6 times...
And now with Obama who has claimed it once...

There are certain times where executive privilege is approprate and times where it does not apply. Covering the ass of your corrupt atty. gen. is not one of the applicable uses.

There is no way, NO WAY, that Frick and Frack's actions can be justified. As far as I'm concerned, they're both criminals and should be treated as such.

Well Oldtimer it was Obama in 2007 about Bush and now he is using the Executive Privilage to hide what his AG and maybe even himself are doing. To bad for Obama the Supreme Court rules when Nixon tried to use Executive Privilage to cover his lieing and corrupt government dealings said Executive Privilage could not be used to cover your Azz when you have broke the LAW. And as far as I know REPEATEDLY LIEING TO THE CONGRESS IS BREAKING THE LAW. Holder at the least should be held in contempt and charged with lieing to Congress in the Hearing and his BUTT tossed in Gitmo. :x

Did anyone else catch Megan Kelly today interviewing the head of
the Border Patrol Union? They are calling for Holder's resignation.
He was stone-faced throughout the whole interview and said Holder
is a liar. Megan played a clip where Carney brought in politics and this
guy said Holder made it about politics, no one else did.
He was really straight up,
I hope that is on a video some place. I'd like to find it.

Faster horses said:

I saw parts of it between phone calls and I really wanted to sit and watch as when you have the Border Patrol voting for him to resign that says A LOT about the confidence they have with the DOJ, Holder, and the man that is standing by his appointee OBAMA.

I did hear her talking to the guy that resign the DOJ over the Black Panthers/Holder ordeal and he mentioned the House has the right to cut the budget of the DOJ until Holder comes clean. Cut the AG office to the bone and make him suffer until he decides protecting Obama is not worth his office staffs jobs. If that doesn't work start defund other Departments and let the pressure on Holder come from his Obama Administrations cohorts. If they want to seal their records seal their funding. The people maybe won't get the info but Holder shouldn't get paid to break the law and HIDE IT.

The executive privilege I remember best for old GW was when he claimed it for Cheney- refusing to name the oil/gas executives he met with or what was discussed in their meetings used to design the administrations energy policy...

An energy policy that brought the oil companies record profits, the US consumers record high gas prices, and was one of the major cogs in the wheel that brought on the Bush Bust...

No wonder Cheney didn't want anyone to know what deals they made.... :wink: :p

Oldtimer said:
The executive privilege I remember best for old GW was when he claimed it for Cheney- refusing to name the oil/gas executives he met with or what was discussed in their meetings used to design the administrations energy policy...

An energy policy that brought the oil companies record profits, the US consumers record high gas prices, and was one of the major cogs in the wheel that brought on the Bush Bust...

No wonder Cheney didn't want anyone to know what deals they made.... :wink: :p

You mean the Energy Bill that Ken Salazar - Sec. of Interior claimed to have written and passed both houses by such an overwhelming majority?

On August 8, 2005, President Bush signed into the law the energy bill; on July 28,the U.S. House of Representatives voted 275 to 156 to approve the energy bill; and on July 29, the U.S. Senate voted 74 to 26 to approve the energy bill. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer why again was it good for the Bush Administration to COME CLEAN but not for Obama? :wink:

Faster horses said:

FH, the obama administration is dragging it out, because they don't want the truth known before Nov.

It is pure politics on the part of obama.

Notice how oldtimer jumps in and condemns Bush!!
But wondering about the Deals that we made by Bush and Cheney!!!!
Where is oldtimers outrage about deals that got Border patrol agents killed,,,,,,Nah that won't happen cause oldtimer wants /is in bed with obama

Eh?????

Latest posts