• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oldtimer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranch hand

Reaction score
Why were you at the ASCS office? Bet you were just dropping off papers for a neighbor, right?

Actually ranchhand I was at the FSA office of the USDA building turning in the form you have to file with them every year to certify you don't make over a million $ a year and gives them authorization to check your IRS records about that....

About anyone that owns cropland, wetlands, cattle or has much to do with farming/ranching has to fill one out if they have gotten or expect to ever get any crop payments, conservation payments, EQIP, disaster payments, federal guaranteed crop/pasture insurance, etc. etc. I'm sure if you do actually work for a ranch- your boss man has to fill them out too...

You reminded me of one thing I should mention to be fair and balanced... I did hear one farmer complaining about Obama when I left the office... He was moaning that the direct wheat payment was not coming in two payments like before- and he would have to wait til fall to get it...Then he commented about Obama trying to take away all the grain subsidies in this years budget proposal....
I know he is neither a D or an R-- but loves to give the R's that back up sideways to their mailbox to get their big government checks (while moaning about them) a bad time... He was laughing as he said "D*mn Obama and the Democrats are going to take away my summer beer money"....

Oldtimer, boss has never filled one out and neither has my dad. But then they don't collect government hand outs. So either you do and say you dont or somerhing smells fishy here. I think both sides collect, but
More republican that democrats want to get rid of it! So bullhauler you must spend lots of time there!

ranch hand said:
Oldtimer, boss has never filled one out and neither has my dad. But then they don't collect government hand outs. So either you do and say you dont or somerhing smells fishy here. I think both sides collect, but
More republican that democrats want to get rid of it! So bullhauler you must spend lots of time there!

ranchhand- I have never said I don't get the government "hand outs" as you put it...I have gotten both crop payments- and cattle disaster payments off and on over the almost 50 years I've had the place...

Personally- I've said often on here- I wish they would cut out all the direct crop payments- but do think they need to keep some of government backed insurance and disaster programs...

Altho I I probably would have qualified- I worked my rear off last spring in the winter from he!! and didn't lose many calves, so never applied for it- but I know of several that lost hundreds... Some collected pretty well from the LIP (Livestock Indemnity Program)- altho $300 a calf was far from the $800-1000 they could have gotten if they had lived...

jigs said:
I think Old Lazy has been caught in yet another lie....

monkey_count_e0.gif

jigs said:
Total $16,253

Crop Summary for Old Timer

Over last 10 years- breaks down to an average of a whopping $1,625 a year... And I think most of it came a couple of years when we got disaster feed programs...
Yep- I'm a big time dipper... :lol:

Locally I can not think of one farmer or rancher involved in production agriculture that does not get/or has not gotten some type of payment from the government... I know of one large ranch that paid off its entire mortgage five years early because of the pasture insurance payments they received one year-- even tho the pasture in their area was great... Lots of cattle watering systems (pipelines, wells, reservoirs) and cross fences- along with moving entire farmlots (corrals) out of flood plains partially funded thru EQIP..

Years ago- there was little or none for programs for cattle producers-- but over the past 10-15-20 years with the pasture insurance, LIP, EQIP, wetlands rehab, Disaster feed programs, etc., etc. I doubt if there is any cattle producer in this area that hasn't taken some form of government funding...

Ranchers used to give the farmers a bad time about their mailbox bend in their cap bills for sitting there waiting for their checks--- but now I hear a lot of farmers coming back harassing the cowboys for the new mailbox roll in the brims of their hats... :wink: :lol: :p

Bullhauler said:
Damn jigs is at $56699 he is a real bigshot compared to oldtimer.

NO Bullhauler- don't tell me that :!: ...You ruined my image of Jigs being a holier than thou, walk on water, follower of the R cult that would never take a government handout ... :wink: :p :lol:

Neighbors did the pasture insurance and I know he paid a hefty premium every year and it only paid once. So don't think it is a government handout. Just like taking out fire insurance on your house.

I do think it needs to be done ranch to ranch and not county to set it off. Many years he was droughted out but the other side of the county wasn't so he did not get paid. Your not a big dipper as you don't own enough land to qualify for much assistance.

I have openly admitted I am in the programs...have to be here to compensate the high tax for irrigation.....

OT is the one going off about people milking the system, acting like he is above the govt payments.....

the govt payments cover the irrigation tax each year, and the EQUIP payments all go to land improvements...

ranch hand said:
Neighbors did the pasture insurance and I know he paid a hefty premium every year and it only paid once. So don't think it is a government handout. Just like taking out fire insurance on your house.
Yep- it was administered thru FDIC approved banks and was a government guaranteed program...

http://www.rma.usda.gov/policies/pasturerangeforage/

Oldtimer said:
ranch hand said:
Yep- it was administered thru FDIC approved banks and was a government guaranteed program...

http://www.rma.usda.gov/policies/pasturerangeforage/[/quote

I know it was a government backed program, but the hefty premiums made it like any private insurance you old fool!

Now see, my reply,had I been asked,would have been:

NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS WHY I WAS THERE!!

jigs said:
I have openly admitted I am in the programs...have to be here to compensate the high tax for irrigation.....

OT is the one going off about people milking the system, acting like he is above the govt payments.....

the govt payments cover the irrigation tax each year, and the EQUIP payments all go to land improvements...

Eating out of the gov't trough.....makes sense now... :roll: :roll: :roll:

jingo2 said:
jigs said:

Eating out of the gov't trough.....makes sense now... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ahh jigs is just a piker. The old blow-hard in chief bragger of all that his daddy bought him former poster cal and his daddy are over 1.3 million in the same time.

Latest posts