• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Open yearling hiefers for sale... $100....:(

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Was listening to the program we have up here called "swap and shop" today. It is a program on the radio where people call in with items for sale, wanted, and to trade. Well today I was having some coffe when all of a sudden I hear 100 open yearling hiefers for sale $100 each on there and its my phone number that is given toward the end of the call. I was so angry :x :mad: :mad: :mad: I quickly sent an email to the radio station and they made an announcement on the air that this was not a legitimate call. Seems somebody called in and offered my hiefers for sale for next to nothing. The radio station has call display and they were able to trace down who it was. They have reported them to the RCMP (police) and it seems as this is fraud. Boy what people will do!!! Got my day off to a rough start after a long nite of checking cows that were calving.

You should have told them it was a printing error, not $100 but $1000 a piece and waited to see if you got any calls :wink:

boy MR you wouldn't fit in around here....we do that to guys quite a bit. they also have a birthday announcement in the mornings....a bunch of college kids called me in for my 50th birthday.....I am only 34

but they draw out a persons name from the birthday list every week for a free blizzard at Dairy Queen ... I won, so the joke was on them!

the next week I put an ad on the swap and shop wanting barn cats, left the address and said just drop them in the garage window.......38 cats later the guys came home!
sweet justice

*chuckle*

Yeah, that would have been my first thought, too. "Okay, which of my weisenheimer friends came up with this one?"

My dad pulled one when a buddy and his family were out of town on vacation. They'd recently pulled an old toilet out of the house and had it in the alley.
Dad grabbed it, filled it with dirt and stuck it in the middle of his front yard (they lived in town) with several hemp plants planted in it.

In front of it he put a sign:

FREE POT

If you change your mind and decide to sell for $100.00 @ is that US funds??? :D :D :D

Don't laugh to hard when I pull up - - - I have not had the time to paint the tractor I bought so the hiefers will have to ride home behind a 1994 379 Peterbuilt that I got cheap. Part of the reason it was so cheap is someone painted it bright purple with bright yellow fenders and fuel tanks.

I was not going to put it on the road until I got it painted but with a cattle deal like that I will hide my pride and head north. :roll: :wink:

Well BMR,

It really wasnt me that overreacted its the radio station that has been getting quite a few of these calls. They are investigating who is doing this kind of thing. I really didnt mind except we were plauged with calls and people asking if we had sickness in our herd. We know who did it and I ll definately give the person a talking to never to do it again to us.

George:

I ll be on te watch for your peterburro! I cant shoot very straight so I think you will be safe :wink:

George, paint that yellow a nice silver I put a Kansas State Powercat on the side of the sleeper, and I would drive that anywhere!!

Jiggs, I graduated from K-State in Animal Science in '64. Were you born yet ?? :lol:

What part of KS do you reside it ??

efb

64 !!!!!!!!!

well, I was not born just yet, but I do remember the 70's and 80's of Wildcat football, soI am not one of these bandwagon fans we have now....... I dearly love old KSU and am so excited to see what the new coach can do. I think we are in for a title pretty soon !

I am in the north central part of kansas....near Lovewell Lake.

Well, I've been in that country some. I was County Agent in Concordia and in Lincoln, but that was also quite awhile ago.
Good luck to you.

efb

Latest posts