• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Opinions on Make/Model Truck/4 Wheeler

Help Support Ranchers.net:

My son picked up a older TJ Jeep. Did most of the work himself right up to changing the motor. Still cheaper then a Side by side. and Road legal up here.

mytfarms said:
My goodness! I love it when a post takes off. Makes my query feel less dumb.

Interesting stuff on the 4-wheeler side of things. Time being, that old Toyota might be the ticket for being the fence runner and snow day work vehicle.

I have been gone a minute because I just started a new "real" job with an excavation outfit that works south of Denver. Not much time to kill when you're running, and that is likewise a good way to make the income happen. Thanks all.

You have an old Toyota? If you don't have one, I wouldn't get hung up on having to get a Toyota. I thought I had to get one because of their reputation...turns out their head gaskets, wheel bearings, power steering pumps, heater cores, radiators, and shocks all go bad as well. And they even get flat tires! Who would have thought.

Here on the home place most of the time I use my 48Volt Club Car - - - the grand daughter put a GPS on it and I can tell you it traveled 15.2 MPH before I put bigger tires on the back - - - I have not checked but I know it is faster now. Quiet and will run several days on a charge. I got it at auction for $500.00 with so-so batteries - - - I put 4 12V used group 29 batteries as I keep them on hand for the dump trucks and Semis in the cart and felt they did a great job for about 4 years then I put 6 new 8 volt golf cart batteries in. I think it did just as good on the truck batteries. The new batteries are about 4 years old now. I try to check thhe distilled water once a month and keep grease on the terminals to stop corrosion - - - pretty much a trouble free unit for 8 years of hard use, crossing creeks, up hill and down - - - seems to handle mud well with the tractor type tires I put on it.

Tires are muddy after moving cows this morning, fence repair equipment in the buckets.

On the south farm my son loves his gator - - - not as fast as the Ranger but my grand kids can reach the petals with seat-belts on.

When the snow is blowing I still love my 1996 S10 ZR2 with positive track rear differential and 4 X 4 with 357,000 miles - - - warm and street legal and goes places the gator or ranger will not go except between narrow trees!

Many of you might remember it was Red /White / Blue but I loaned it out to a guy who needed transportation to work and he used spray cans to make it white and removed the lettering and running bars - - - I blew a gasket and took it back! I felt it a little rude! Although my wife likes all white better- - - go figure.

Latest posts