• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oscars

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

reader (the Second) said:
Y'all are missing Dolly Parton if you're avoiding those scandalous Oscars.

I missing them- all three- the Oscars, and Dolly's assets....

PBR from Reno comes on in 10 minutes :D

all I can say about Oscars,is hope to hell when they're over all the Brokeback mountain hype will just go away :mad:

We missed that part,too bad Greg would have liked that,he watches Lonestar ALL the time,even the 1920 ones :?

Heard on the radio something about the number of people going to movies is down. All I can say is GOOD!

Cal said:
Heard on the radio something about the number of people going to movies is down. All I can say is GOOD!

How much pure garbage can society consume?

I don't watch many movies because it seems that there are so few that have a worthwhile, fresh or credible story line. Where are the ones that portray a triumphant human spirit and altruism?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hollywood took a big hit last night. I hope they wake up and smell the coffee. I do like Gary Sinese....He is good person through and through. Dolly looked fabulouse last night and I liked the song. She is very classy.

the only part of the show i watched was the verrrry end....just to watch Brokeback mountain NOT win!!!!!! Been taking care of an 88 year old lifelong rancher for the past week (pneumonia sure is a
b@#$% to beat this time of year) and he is simply disgusted with the whole Brokeback Mountain "thing"......sorts of funny to mention it just to get him going!! Sure cleared his lungs listening to him YELL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

geez people sure worked up over a couple Gay cabelleros-wonder if a movie about two gay ranchwives would of stirred up such a fuss lol.it's playing in our hometown so lots of 'Brokeback Mountain' jokes floating around. 'Walk the Line' was more my kind of movie.

Northern Rancher said:
geez people sure worked up over a couple Gay cabelleros-wonder if a movie about two gay ranchwives would of stirred up such a fuss lol.it's playing in our hometown so lots of 'Brokeback Mountain' jokes floating around. 'Walk the Line' was more my kind of movie.

why do i have a sneaking suspicion that a movie about 2 gay ranchwives would have you ranch-hubbies standing in line??? :lol: :wink: :wink:

I haven't seen it yet, but have heard it's good. I'll wait for video.

I did see King Kong, because it was my night to volunteer at the theater. I really like that one. It was the best version yet.

As for the Oscars, I was kind of hoping for Capote, just because they filmed it in Winnipeg. I'm going make sure to see it just so I can see how many locations I recognize. 8)

ranchwife said:
Northern Rancher said:

why do i have a sneaking suspicion that a movie about 2 gay ranchwives would have you ranch-hubbies standing in line??? :lol: :wink: :wink:
He He,that was my thought,Greg would be first in line!

Mrs.Greg said:
ranchwife said:
Northern Rancher said:

He He,that was my thought,Greg would be first in line!

Yeah, and he sure wouldn't be the LAST in line!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They quoted Larry McMurtury, Probably spelled wrong, As saying he thought the reason Brokeback Mountain didn't do any better was because
Americans didn't want their cowboys to be gay.

I just heard that the winning song was entitled "Hard out there for a Pimp" :???:

Glad I didn't watch it- and I refuse to watch any movies coming out of the Hollywood of today....Last one my wife got me to was Pearl Harbor- may never see another of these modern movies....... :roll:

Latest posts