• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

OT, a relative of yours?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Thank you, Mike. We tried counselors, forced rehab, but I until I turned it all over to God we didn't see any results.

Watching your kid destroy him/herself is not something I would wish on anyone, even someone I profoundly disagree with. Maybe mosquito bites between their toes, but not that.

amen

I prey that no one has to go through an addiction problem.. it often is a lifelong struggle...

May G-D bless each and every family and lead them away from drugs an their devastating effects on the person's soul.

My heart goes out to anyone experienced in the torment of addiction, and the family that is put through hell.

What I don't understand is support for a Libertarian drug policy that makes young people even more vulnerable to this type of life ruining circumstances, and the pushers less likely to pay for the lives they ruin. Makes no sense to me. Bad shi+ is bad shi+.

I pray for your daughter. Sometimes they need to hit rock bottom before they start the path up. But I firmly believe God makes the hill a lot easier to climb. I feel sorry for you and your wife and pray for you too. I hope now you have a little less hate for those that don't fit your way of thinking. I think you have asked for a lot of the grief you get on here. I agree you could have left out the Betty Ford's and etc out of your post and people would have been a lot easier on you. So maybe next time you start running others down remember you have not walked a mile in their shoes as we have not walked in yours. I hope this brings you to believe in the REAL God.

Traveler said:
My heart goes out to anyone experienced in the torment of addiction, and the family that is put through hell.

What I don't understand is support for a Libertarian drug policy that makes young people even more vulnerable to this type of life ruining circumstances, and the pushers less likely to pay for the lives they ruin. Makes no sense to me. Bad shi+ is bad shi+.

I hope I can explain this,.. as it is hard to defend drug use in any way..

the situation right now is that there is NO control over who sells or who buys the drugs...

add in the draconian measures the fed is taking on legal medications and products that the situation is totally out of hand.. ( heck I have to show ID to buy a can of spray paint... )

a kid can and will get anything they want today,.. except maybe alcohol, and a can of spray paint..

it is easier and cheaper to buy heroin then a beer..

think about that... you can get illegal drugs easier then a beer.. or a can of spray paint..

to get drugs,.. there is someone always willing to push it on you,.. but to get a beer you have to find and beg someone to buy it for you..

it isn't difficult,.. but it seems to be more of a hassle to buy beer then meth for a preteen.. young teenager... high-schooler..

once you get out of school it is easier as the person buying it doesn't think you are way to young to be drinking..

so if marijuana is sold in a store,.. and ID is needed.. the illegal trade dries up... it just isn't worth the risk..

kids will still get it,.. just like they get beer..

BUT,.. psychologically, a person will not buy it for a younger person..
so it becomes harder to get.. and the older the kid is the less likely they will ruin their lives..

there are other components involved in adults who start taking drugs,..
and that is a separate more complex issue..

Steve said:
Traveler said:

I hope I can explain this,.. as it is hard to defend drug use in any way..

the situation right now is that there is NO control over who sells or who buys the drugs...

add in the draconian measures the fed is taking on legal medications and products that the situation is totally out of hand.. ( heck I have to show ID to buy a can of spray paint... )

a kid can and will get anything they want today,.. except maybe alcohol, and a can of spray paint..

it is easier and cheaper to buy heroin then a beer..

think about that... you can get illegal drugs easier then a beer.. or a can of spray paint..

to get drugs,.. there is someone always willing to push it on you,.. but to get a beer you have to find and beg someone to buy it for you..

it isn't difficult,.. but it seems to be more of a hassle to buy beer then meth for a preteen.. young teenager... high-schooler..

once you get out of school it is easier as the person buying it doesn't think you are way to young to be drinking..

so if marijuana is sold in a store,.. and ID is needed.. the illegal trade dries up... it just isn't worth the risk..

kids will still get it,.. just like they get beer..

BUT,.. psychologically, a person will not buy it for a younger person..
so it becomes harder to get.. and the older the kid is the less likely they will ruin their lives..

there are other components involved in adults who start taking drugs,..
and that is a separate more complex issue..
My biggest concern is the hard drugs, even though Colorado hasn't done so great with the pot thing. If a user dies, I'd like to see the dealer put on death row. If a user gives up a dealer, I'd like to see them protected and rehabilitated if they truly desire to do so. Even relocated, but periodically tested, with a harsh default sentence.

What about a "small time dealer" like OT's daughter? Her dealing probably affected those underage too.

Are children of those we know, who deal, forgiven? Or do they too have to be punished?

hypocritexposer said:
What about a "small time dealer" like OT's daughter? Her dealing probably affected those underage too.

Are children of those we know, who deal, forgiven? Or do they too have to be punished?
Follow it to the adult supplying and scare the crap out of the underage in the pyramid scheme. I have no sympathy for those who poison children.

hypocritexposer said:
Stacey Britzman, who was arrested last week on a felony burglary charge, is facing additional felonies including burglary and drug charges.

Britzman, who is incarcerated in the Valley County Detention Center, was served with 4 additional criminal charges on Wednesday by the Valley County Sheriff's Office.

She is now charged with another felony burglary charge, felony possession of dangerous drugs, felony possession of dangerous drugs with intent to distribute and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

The investigation was conducted by the Valley County Sheriff's Office and Sheriff Glen Meier said additional charges are possible.

http://www.kltz.com/newssearch.php?select=2013-11-01

You are one sad, sorry, despicable sonofabitch to post a yr old article to hurt a parent.

littlejoe said:
hypocritexposer said:
Stacey Britzman, who was arrested last week on a felony burglary charge, is facing additional felonies including burglary and drug charges.

Britzman, who is incarcerated in the Valley County Detention Center, was served with 4 additional criminal charges on Wednesday by the Valley County Sheriff's Office.

She is now charged with another felony burglary charge, felony possession of dangerous drugs, felony possession of dangerous drugs with intent to distribute and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

The investigation was conducted by the Valley County Sheriff's Office and Sheriff Glen Meier said additional charges are possible.

You are one sad, sorry, despicable sonofabitch to post a yr old article to hurt a parent.

Wasn't me that brought the hurt on...

...but, give me a call the next time you are voyeuring the woman you think is my wife, I will be right over...and bring some hurt that your ancestors will feel.

Next time you come across a snare laying on the ground, best just step into it, instead of placing it around your neck, before running off...

littlejoe said:
hypocritexposer said:

That's not the case. This just shows that you can be Mr. Perfect, have a 137 year career as a LEO, take in and raise hundreds of at risk kids, be a weapons/ballistics expert, know about the Ryder truck at the OKC bombing before the FBI did, be a world class bronc rider, an expert on hate groups and crime, a follower/defender of Islam, really quite conservative, and an Obama voter and still be human. Something about living in glass houses......

littlejoe said:
hypocritexposer said:

I agree. Your Thrilla in Wasilla thread was beyond the pale. :D

BOOM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beyond all doubt, taking in all the context, that was the hardest biatch-slap ever upon this board.

No charges filed against the Palins,,, Eh lil joe

https://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/palin-family-brawl-detailed-police-reports-000616628--abc-news-politics.html

Latest posts