• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

OT, who was the Speaker of the House when.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TSR said:
So no reelection bid???

Gingrich suffered much of the blame for the election loss. Facing another rebellion in the Republican caucus, he announced on November 6, 1998 that he would not only stand down as Speaker, but would leave the House as well. Commenting on his departure, Gingrich said, "I'm willing to lead but I'm not willing to preside over people who are cannibals. My only fear would be that if I tried to stay, it would just overshadow whoever my successor is."

My opinion of Newt:

Most knowledgeable I have seen on the Constitution and more than willing to abide by and explain Constitutional law to the voters, and his peers.

His debating skills, and I would assume his negotiations skills, are unmatched, in either party.

Throw in a running mate like John Bolton and it would be a done deal and the US would be well on their way to correcting the mistakes of the "liberalism" of the last couple of administrations........

Ann Coulter tonight on Hannity basically endorsed Romney.
Shawn talked about Romney/Rubio while Ann liked
Romney/Cain.

Interesting.

And I'm thinking more about Newt being a good candidate
to run against Obummer. He'd wipe the floor with him in
a debate.

Did you see Chris Christie's warning not to count Obama out?
He's not good at governing, but he's a great campaigner...

Ann Coulter REALLY supports Chris Christie. I wonder if she
is aware of what Steve told us right here about him........
that would/should change her mind, I would think.

Faster horses said:
Ann Coulter tonight on Hannity basically endorsed Romney.
Shawn talked about Romney/Rubio while Ann liked
Romney/Cain.

Interesting.

And I'm thinking more about Newt being a good candidate
to run against Obummer. He'd wipe the floor with him in
a debate.

Did you see Chris Christie's warning not to count Obama out?
He's not good at governing, but he's a great campaigner...

Ann Coulter REALLY supports Chris Christie. I wonder if she
is aware of what Steve told us right here about him........
that would/should change her mind, I would think.

I think it might be wrong to support a candidate, "just because he can beat obama"

Stick to your principles......and Romney does not meet the Conservative Principles.

If the US is going to tumble, let it be under a Liberal/Progressive Democrat, not a RINO

A RINO only postpones the demise.......

"Lobbying", "consulting", or "influence peddling"-- whatever you call it- it all stinks the same....

Another hasbeen politician trying to make his fortune selling influence ... :(

Gingrich faces more questions about Freddie Mac
Posted by
CNN Political Unit
(CNN) – Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich spent a second day trying to campaign in Iowa but fending off questions about his relationship with mortgage giant Freddie Mac.

The former House Speaker has surged to the top of Republican presidential polls over the last month but is now forced to play defense against reports of his relationship with Freddie Mac. Gingrich Group was paid between $1.6 million and $1.8 million to lobby Republicans in Congress on behalf of the government-backed mortgage lender , CNN has confirmed.

Questioned about the reports on Wednesday in Urbandale, Gingrich said that his consulting company was paid by Freddie Mac for "strategic advice over a long period of time."

CNN confirmed Gingrich was paid by Freddie Mac during two periods - from 1999 to 2002 and 2006 to 2008. Bloomberg first reported the amount of payments made to Gingrich on Tuesday.

The GOP heavyweight said he was unsure of how much Gingrich Group was paid by Freddie Mac but that his team has gone back to "check" the amount. Asked if his campaign would make the figure public, Gingrich replied, "To the degree we can, sure."

Freddie Mac confirmed to CNN that Gingrich was a consultant and not a lobbyist.

Gingrich was consulted about Freddie's efforts to become more transparent about "risk and capital management" procedures, risk information disclosure, and how those efforts would be received in Congress, specifically by Republicans, according to a former official who worked for Freddie Mac during both of his stints.

During his first stint, Freddie Mac wanted to "bond" with Bush administration officials on the idea of creating a "home ownership society" – getting more Latinos and other minorities into home ownership - and worked with Gingrich on that.

In Gingrich's second stint, Freddie Mac officials tried to get him to write "white papers" on how good the "model" was for government-sponsored enterprises like Fannie and Freddie Mae because free-market Republicans didn't like that model, the official said. Freddie Mac officials were frustrated with Gingrich, the source said, because they had a hard time getting him to write anything.

In Gingrich's second stint, Freddie Mac officials tried to get him to write "white papers" on how good the "model" was for government-sponsored enterprises like Fannie and Freddie Mae because free-market Republicans didn't like that model, the official said.

Maybe that it was a good thing Gingrich worked for and advised Fannie & Freddie. Only the Lord knows how much more money they would have thrown out the window without some sane & sound advice?

When you have somebody like Barney regulating and lying for you, the sky is the limit.

CNN Political Unit
(CNN) – Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich spent a second day trying to campaign in Iowa but fending off questions about his relationship with mortgage giant Freddie Mac.

Silly Newt if he'd only had connections with a terrorist then nobody would have questioned him

Think of the fun we'd all have watching the OldWindBag blow a gasket if Newt won. Heck, he'll blow a gasket regardless of who beats the empty suit currently occupying the White House.

Mr. Libertarian, my ass.

Whitewing said:
Think of the fun we'd all have watching the OldWindBag blow a gasket if Newt won. Heck, he'll blow a gasket regardless of who beats the empty suit currently occupying the White House.

Mr. Libertarian, my ass.

OT actually agrees with many of Newts policy ideas, or so he has posted in the past, he's just upset that he can't "police" Newt's bedroom.

hypocritexposer said:
Whitewing said:

Mr. Libertarian, my ass.

OT actually agrees with many of Newts policy ideas, or so he has posted in the past, he's just upset that he can't "police" Newt's bedroom.

Maybe he's just upset that Newt gets more action than he does.

Whitewing said:
hypocritexposer said:
Whitewing said:

Mr. Libertarian, my ass.

Maybe he's just upset that Newt gets more action than he does.

"Whiskey Dick Britzman" :lol:

"disclaimer: this nickname has everything to do with drinking whiskey and nothing to do with sexual poweress"

Latest posts