• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Other trophies from other years

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
AfriendshotthismoosenorhtofEdmonton.jpg

A friend shot this moose north of Edmonton, Alberta, just a couple weeks ago
Moose.jpg

Closer view of the odd moose antlers
Number1sonsbucksfromotheryears.jpg

Number 1 son's bucks from other years
Number2sonslastyeardeer.jpg

Number 2 son's last years deer
Number2sonsdeerfromtwoyearsago.jpg

Number 2 son's deer from two years ago
DeerIgotseveralyearsago.jpg

Deer I got several years ago on our ranch
Trophywithoutantlers.jpg

Trophy without antlers
Mulehide.jpg

Mule hide from a colorful Oklahoma mule that didn't survive in the Nebraska Sandhills
Muleears.jpg

Mule ears for proof
Vigortone.jpg

Faster Horses' trophy--she's a good talker. :wink: Mrs. Soapweed shows off a pickup load of Vigortone mineral. This was bought because of Faster Horses' persuasive recommendations.
MoreVigortone.jpg

More Vigortone. The dealer and me.

Soapweed, nice heads! I'll knock the spider webs :oops: off ours and post some pictures later.

Could you post a picture of the cabinet doors - the wildlife / paw profiles. You just teased us with a bit of the corner ... LOL .

Soapweed, what number is your mineral. I'm jealous as your bags are more colorful then oure. We are using 32S Plus and our calves are eating it just great and doing really well.

Back when the local meat plant processed deer; I would hang out there in the am's to see those Sandhill's muleys come to town. More 61 and 92 county plates dropping off huge bucks than I could count. I see Cherry County can still raise a good mule deer,(cough, chuckle. snort)!
I've had the privelege of seeing first hand better mule deer country; at a "slightly" different elevation , in a different state. But I've chased a few really nice bucks around the pivot when I pulled in to load out hay pretty early also.
It looks like "66" is still the champ in NE.
Beautiful bucks, and I'm sure well harvested.

Congratulations on the great bucks! Some guys from this area went to Broken Bow area last yr. to deer hunt and they could not believe to vast acres and not a house in sight. Yep, to me that is wonderful. THink they got some fairly decent deer. Pheasant season opened here yesterday but it was so warm and WINDY that not many hunters around.
Thanks for the photos.

S.S.A.P. said:
Soapweed, nice heads! I'll knock the spider webs :oops: off ours and post some pictures later.

Could you post a picture of the cabinet doors - the wildlife / paw profiles. You just teased us with a bit of the corner ... LOL .

Here you go, S.S.A.P.

JustforyouS.jpg

Just for you, S.S.A.P.a.s.a.p.
Duckdesign.jpg

Duck design
Theotherone.jpg

The other one

Hey soapweed is that RH from down south of Brownlee? He sure cooks a mean B_B_Q for brandings. The neighbors southwest of us, used to have him and his cookin' stove come and visit for branding. Tasty polish dogs, too. Nice racks, don't forget to say howdy to my bug brother, as he is stayin with mom and dad now. He's got some stories for you. :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed, what number is your mineral. I'm jealous as your bags are more colorful then ours are. We are using 32S Plus and our calves are eating it just great and doing really well.

The number of our mineral is 3V4 S, which I think is a new product that takes the place of one of the older tried-and-true products. I put some out with our newly weaned heifer calves, and they took right to it with passionate Vigor.

Soapweed, what can I say but:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ON ALL COUNTS!

Actually that is the "New Generation" mineral that Soapweed has. It is fairly new, but with much research behind it. This was previously our 34SPL.

BMR, all the mineral will be to the "New Generation" line and will come in the blue and white sacks. So you won't hafta be envious long.

Don't worry, tho, it's whats in the sacks that count!

I'm happy (tho not at all suprised) that the calves dug right in!

Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed, what number is your mineral. I'm jealous as your bags are more colorful then ours are. We are using 32S Plus and our calves are eating it just great and doing really well.

The number of our mineral is 3V4 S, which I think is a new product that takes the place of one of the older tried-and-true products. I put some out with our newly weaned heifer calves, and they took right to it with passionate Vigor.

I am sure pleased with the consumption rate with our calves. They are doing great. My dad and i were out putting some protien supp out for the cows today and were noticing how Black the cows were after a summer of Vigortone. I was looking at a picture from 2 years ago and could really see the brown hair on both cows and calves.

BMR, thanks for the input. We, too, could really see the difference in the haircoat of our cows. We didn't realize our cows were not black, but pictures don't lie. They weren't black, they were brownish or reddish-black. I didn't know cows hair was supposed to shine in the winter time either.

The glossy haircoat is a reflection of what is happening internally to the cow.

I'm very pleased you passed along the difference you are seeing.

Faster horses said:
Don't worry, BMR. It's just a pretty sack. The ingredients are what counts... :wink:

You guys, all want the pretty things... :wink:

Soapweed, that is one sharp bosal on the horse head. Where'd ya get it and why aren't you using it?

You guys, all want the pretty things... Like a moth to a light :!: have you ever seen a moth ball? :???: :lol2: :cowboy:

Faster horses said:
Don't worry, BMR. It's just a pretty sack. The ingredients are what counts... :wink:

You guys, all want the pretty things... :wink:

Soapweed, that is one sharp bosal on the horse head. Where'd ya get it and why aren't you using it?

Can't recall where I got it, but it's too pretty to use. Remember, us "guys" all want the pretty things so we can hang them on the wall. :wink:

Did hear about one of ol' George Armstrong Custer's escapades. He was chasing a wolf and trying to shoot it with a pistol. His horse was galloping hard, and just as George leveled his pistol to shoot, the horse's head came up with the galloping stride. George pulled the trigger, the wolf escaped, and the horse keeled over dead as it was shot right between the ears. George took a spill, which was just a foretaste of things to come. The Battle of the Little Big Horn didn't turn out even that good. :cry:

Thanks Soapweed for posting the cabinet shots. I could go for something like that - problem is up here it can't be a gun cabinet unless the guns are broke down and for display only. I'm pretty sure I could find something to put in it though. :wink:

Maybe tomorrow I'll get to those pics I promised. I hate housecleaning but I dislike having someone see webs also. Northern Rancher and Murgen did you recognize any spider species in your pictures? LOL

Latest posts