• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Our Last Ride

Help Support Ranchers.net:

efb

Reaction score
One of our dear friends, Top Hands and all around great guys had a fatal accident last Friday. Steve Douglas had just left the sale barn in Winnsboro, TX with a load of steers and two miles out of town lost control, hit a telephone pole and was killed. The telephone pole came down across his trailer killing some of the cattle and pinning his horse. The vet has his horse and is going to be okay. His visitation was last night and you had to park several blocks away from the funeral home and people were lined up outside the funeral home to get in. Steve was 47 years old. His saddle and chaps were on his coffen and a picture of him and his horse was there. It was pretty touching. You just can't be too careful. Even though Steve still competed in Ranch rodeos he was a careful man but in an instant was taken from us. I am sure his family will turn is grey gelding to greener pastures. We pray the same for Steve.

Ohhhhhh dear. That is so sad.

Life is so fragile.

I just heard this morning that the boys that work in the feedlot where
we have our heifers were both killed in an auto accident Saturday night.
They were returning from their home in Minnesota and were almost home (Marmarth, ND. where they were working).
They rolled the vehicle once (assuming they swerved to miss a deer)
and were both ejected. 23 and 25 years old.

My heart goes out to your friend and his family, efb, and to these
young men and their families as well.

Cherish each day as if it were your last.

Trouble come in 3's....so that's 3 people so maybe the sadness will stop for awhile!

Sad business for sure!

Sorry to hear about all of these young folks loss of life. Our only consulation in times like those is the comfort of the Lord and prayer. Prayers for all these families from Texas.

Latest posts