• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Our military leaders say our military can't win

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
So, if we can't win, why are young American soldiers dying in Iraq? What does that tell them when their leaders say we can't win? Full article at the link below.

""I think the more accurate way to approach this right now is to concede that ... this insurgency is not going to be settled, the terrorists and the terrorism in Iraq is not going to be settled, through military options or military operations," Brig. Gen. Donald Alston, chief U.S. military spokesman in Iraq, said last week. "It's going to be settled in the political process."

Gen. George W. Casey, the top U.S. commander in Iraq, expressed similar sentiments, calling the military's efforts "the Pillsbury Doughboy idea" — pressing the insurgency in one area only causes it to rise elsewhere.

"Like in Baghdad," Casey said during an interview with two newspaper reporters, including one from Knight Ridder, last week. "We push in Baghdad — they're down to about less than a car bomb a day in Baghdad over the last week — but in north-center (Iraq) ... they've gone up."

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/nation/11881007.htm

Just like you to find some negative comment and twist it into a "we can't win so we should just quit", much like the same anti- military attitude promoted by Hanoi Jane and that other loser, whats his name?

I believe our military will adapt and overcome any enemy force, and do it with a resounding victory. because the military I served in didn't listen to the nay-sayers and whiners. ...

Steve said:
Just like you to find some negative comment and twist it into a "we can't win so we should just quit", much like the same anti- military attitude promoted by Hanoi Jane and that other loser, whats his name?

I believe our military will adapt and overcome any enemy force, and do it with a resounding victory. because the military I served in didn't listen to the nay-sayers and whiners. ...

I didn't make this comment up, Steve. I didn't twist anything. I put a link for you to read the entire story, which you don't do on most of your rants.
As for your military service, you were in the Navy!! They never get stretched to the breaking point! They've got those big comfortable ships floating around in the beautiful blue water while the GIs and Marines are living in tents, in the sand and heat and being shot at! Yeah, you don't see a single problem.

BTW, I'm still waiting for proof of your claim on the number of people per day Saddam murdered.

Geee I'm sure the rant you are about to read will change nothing but here goes, a mine sweep is any thing but big and comfortable, and being an active reservist who served while over 20% decided not to fulfill thier obligation during the first Gulf war was just a little streatched, even after taking the pay, and benifits for years some felt no obligation, but then again it was not my only tour that was understaffed or ardious, maybe had clinton not slashed a few hundred thousand troops from the roster there would be no such shortage? but then again for a coward that never served it shows in you constant anti military views, and defeatist attitudes,

and unless you can show a link proving you served I only see inuando and referances to how someone in your house gets a check from the goverment, What you wife gets welfare? or are you a divorced disgruntled housewife who left her husband while he was deployed,

either way face a couple facts, we will win. Bush won and the terrorists you continue to support will be killed, or captured and if they are captured they do not derserve a trial.

I have to many things to do then respond to your every negative self torturing post. your out look and hatred for this country, our military and what makes this country great is enough to make any person want to throw you in a cell with the bastards you keep supporting.

if I knew it would do a bit of good to "give" you a link I would, but after a year of debating with your blind hatred I no longer care what you think,

I will continue to rebut your lies and distortions, not to "debate" with you but to show others, that your liberal anti military view is not unopposed...

Latest posts