• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

our son and his horse ed and on brownie

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jerry H

Reaction score
here's some pic's of our son and us

463753-R1-23-24A_024.jpg

like this dad????????????

463753-R1-21-22A_022.jpg

my happy little boy
463753-R1-19-20A_020.jpg

posing for mom

463752-R1-06-7A_007.jpg

ed,mom and joe
463752-R1-02-3A_003.jpg

ed,joe and dad

You must be awful young Jerry or your folks started raisin' kids real young. Shoot! Them people look like youngsters themselves! :shock:

More nice pix. :)

hello jb
you are right about us just being young
i'll be 34 this year
still just a pup wet behind the ears
and my wife well she might get mad if i told her age you know haow wemon are
our kids if you look some of those pic's are a long time in between a year or so the kids change alot in a year
we have another son that will be 20 this may but i don't get many pic's of him anymore
he's in college in amarillo
until later
jerry

Jerry H said:
hello jb
you are right about us just being young
i'll be 34 this year
still just a pup wet behind the ears
and my wife well she might get mad if i told her age you know haow wemon are
our kids if you look some of those pic's are a long time in between a year or so the kids change alot in a year
we have another son that will be 20 this may but i don't get many pic's of him anymore
he's in college in amarillo
until later
jerry

Okay, I'm confused. Which one are you, in the pix?

I thought you were saying that was your Dad, in the last one? :???:

Okay, after considerable studying, I think I got it figured out. That's you in the last one and your wife and son in the next one above. I didn't see the beard in the first few.

Sorry, but I am kind of old and goin' blind! :shock: :eek: :wink:

TWOROPES said:
Good to see Im not the only one who likes pullin collars.

First one I ever seen, rigged like that, was on a buckaroo's saddle. :wink:

Naw, not really.

Buster McClaury had one like that a few years back, when he put on a clinic in this area.

But a guy who came thru' 3o years ago, and was a hand a came from buckaroo country, was the first one I ever seen that was hooked high like these are. But they have rings in the saddle up high to the front of the saddle.

I hardly ever put one on anymore.

tworopes
i would not use any other kind of pullin rig myself
that one on that saddle came from a freind of mine i worked with down in your country south of kingsville
i don't know where you get yours from but that guy makes them as well as anybody and a darn site cheaper than most
until later
jerry

jb
i geuss i was a little vague about who i am in that picture
i am the one holding joe with the bay horse
i geuss i meant his dad
if it was a piture of my dad we would have to use a wider angle lens to get his belly in there lol
and that beard you mentioned gets shaved off evry sunday before church
i'm just to lazy to shave the rest of the week unless i have to go to town for some kind of funtion

those pullin rigs i see in the old buckaroo pic's look more like a martingale type
i have one that has a strap that goes over the horses neck and then hooks to the rings up high on my saddle
but i like the straps thru the gullet better when trippin and tyeing cattle alot as it holds the frontend of my saddle down without having to cut my horse into
until later
jerry

I am envious of the time you have with those kids. Hope you appriciate it now.
Mine are grown and gone, and I sure miss those days. Couldn't hardly get them off the horse in those days.

Jerry H said:
tworopes
i would not use any other kind of pullin rig myself
that one on that saddle came from a freind of mine i worked with down in your country south of kingsville
i don't know where you get yours from but that guy makes them as well as anybody and a darn site cheaper than most
until later
jerry
I just like the way they fit a horses chest alot better, no matter what the animals build-seems to hold your saddle from rolling when you are off messing with somthing you tied to.I have an old molly mule I hog hunt on and it fits her as well as the horses. Ive galled some horses chest with the teamroper type collars, on all day-summer time jobs, but never left a mark with the pullin collars, thats all I use anymore. I paid 100.00 for mine, at Skeeters saddle house in Manor Texas.

I got mine from Big Bend Saddlery, Alpine TX. They actually call it the "Buster" collar. First time I ever saw one was in Western Horeman years back, p
100_0251.jpg
icture of Buster Mclaury with it on his colt. I really like them.

I've built a couple where the strap stays on the saddle and then you just have a buckle on the end of the coller.

I've also made some straps with rings in the end that just stay around the fork, thru' the gullet hole and then you attach your regular Y shaped coller to it. Works about the same and is handier to hook and unhook. And you don't have to buy a whole new rig, if your Y shaped coller is built right.

Guess that's one of the reason's I like my regular one. Easy to hook and unhook.

But I sure like these ones that hook high better than them low ones like old buggy collers. Pull is better for the horse, I think.

Good picture, by the way. :)

Thanks, He just turned 2 Easter '07. This is his eighth ride. Turning grey and I kinda like him. Is Peppy San Badger, Doc's Hickory breeding but laid back. Paul

Latest posts