• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Over The House Hump

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
We are on the down side!
The sheet rock is in except the bathrooms. Got them textured by a friend; I paid him.
The basement walls are primed for paint. Got half the upstairs ceiling primed. Then started on the rest. Got the east entrance, 2 closets and half the pantry done. The ceiling in the guest bath is done.
The room where I am going to store my canning supplies is painted and I am waiting on a sheet of glass tiles to finish the border on the tile. Once I have that up I just need to grout it and that room will be done!!!!

I had a nasty scare over a week ago. I was up taping off the outside windows and doors to finish staining the exterior. I was on the south side. Got 2 windows and the patio door done. I was in the last corner when I saw some of the sealant had split and needed to be resealed. So I set the bucket truck. Went in and got the sealant and caulking gun. I went up and sealed it all up. Took around 15 minutes. After I was done with that I went to tape off the last window when it felt like something moved. I realized the bucket truck was rolling! I went to grab the controls on the bucket and that is when it slammed into the house. I missed having my hand crushed. The hit to the house caused the trucks front wheels to turn so instead of heading for the coulee I was now heading for our big propane luckily the truck stopped before hitting the tank. I got down and now refuse to go up!
Hubby is going to get the exterior done when it warms up.

Took 3 hours and half a container of ice cream before I stopped shaking.

Got the pantry, office and half the wall between the kitchen and living room done. Once I get that wall done just have the master bedroom and bath ceiling left to get the primer on and ready for paint!

Hubby has started putting the insulation in the pony wall.

Only primering to do is above the logs and on the inside corners and it is DONE!
Hubby is going to pick me up some semi gloss off white paint today to start doing the ceiling.

Need 3 bags of insulation and the pony wall will be done.
Going into town tomorrow. Have a dentist appointment. Hubby is going to pick up a bunch of stuff we need. Going to get 4 gallons of paint for the ceiling.

Getting more and more excited!

Mike I had it hired out. A friend of mine did it all. He did a good job.
Got the guest bathroom shower and door. Also got the tub for the kids bathroom. Hubby has the guest shower in.
Picked up 8 gallons of an off white semi gloss paint for the ceiling.
Getting so close to being able to move in.

Latest posts