• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Palin endorses another winner

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Nebraska state Sen. Deb Fischer upset her Republican rivals Tuesday night to win the party's nomination for the Nebraska Senate.

The underdog candidate will take on former Democratic Sen. Bob Kerrey this fall in a closely monitored Nebraska Senate race.

Fischer came out of nowhere in the final weeks to pass state Attorney General Jon Bruning, widely regarded as the "establishment" candidate and Don Stenberg, the favorite of the Club for Growth and Sen. Jim DeMint's Senate Conservative Fund. Both men heavily outspent Fischer in the primary.

With 98 percent of the precincts reporting, Fischer had 41 percent of the vote to Bruning's 36 percent, with Stenberg a distant third at 19 percent.

Fischer benefited from endorsements from 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and former presidential candidate Herman Cain.

In a statement posted on her Facebook page, Palin congratulated Fischer on her victory.

"The message from the people of Nebraska is simple and powerful," the statement said. "America is looking for real change in Washington, and commonsense conservatives like Deb Fischer represent that change. I applaud Moms like Deb Fischer who are bold enough to step up and run on a conservative platform to restore America and protect our children's future."

Fischer, a rancher in rural Nebraska, was also backed backed by an outside group, created by TD Ameritrade founder Joe Ricketts, that ran TV ads on her behalf.

At a victory party Tuesday night, Fischer said she is ready to take on Kerrey, eschewing any suggestion that the win caught her by surprise. She says she knows how to work hard because she's a Nebraskan.

She acknowledged that the general election race could get bloody. She calls the race the "focus of the entire nation" and thinks it will get "interesting."

The race has drawn national attention because a GOP win would push Republicans closer to a Senate majority.

Nebraska is a solidly Republican state, but Democrats think they have a shot of winning with Kerrey, a former senator, governor and presidential candidate. Kerrey easily won the Democratic nomination.

The general election winner will replace Democratic Sen. Ben Nelson, who isn't seeking a third term.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/15/nebraska-gop-to-choose-senate-challenger-in-race-against-kerrey/#ixzz1v4rk3f1L

I know her..... She's clean as a whistle.... Only thing was a blip she made on Niobrara river project..... She is very nice and listens well..... As far as I know she has a steller family..

The thing that I really liked about Senator Fischer was the fact that she wasn't Bruning or Stenberg, 2 career political pukes if there ever were!

I was quite surprised yesterday when Rush basically devoted the first 2 hours of his show to the US Senate race in Nebraska.

We gotta do what we gotta do to send J. Boob Kerrey BACK to New Yawk City in November!

Go Deb!

Wait for oldtimer to get on his woman hating horse, he will find something bad about her,,,,or make something up!!
He probably will think she has the wrong color nail polish or a chipped tooth, perhaps she once declared that she lived in Mt. he does not need much to bash a woman...

EH

As far as I'm concerned, the race is between a Nebraskan with Nebraska values and a New Yorker with New York values. You can bet your last dollar that Deb will carry everything west of Grand Island, but 2/3 of the population of the state lives in the eastern 50 miles. Unfortunately, we too have city liberals. They're kind of like vermin, no matter how clean a place you run, you're always going to have a few pop up.

Yeah, but Sandy, what is there, 2 to 3 times more registered Repubs than Dimmocraps here? Even with the mental disorders of the Lincoln/Omaha area, Deb should beat J. Boob by double digits, minimum. Dimmocraps are finally waking up and smelling the aroma of Obamanure and his epic fail of a Presidency. I now see J. Boob Kerrey as the DNC's sacrificial lamb in these parts. Remember the Commonwealth fiasco? Debbie Winger? J. Boob's horribly partisan antics during the 9/11 Commission hearings, and then the moaning and whining he went through after Condi Rice put him in his place? The guy is toast, and has no more "Nebraska values" than Ayers or Jeremiah Wright.

loomixguy said:
Yeah, but Sandy, what is there, 2 to 3 times more registered Repubs than Dimmocraps here? Even with the mental disorders of the Lincoln/Omaha area, Deb should beat J. Boob by double digits, minimum. Dimmocraps are finally waking up and smelling the aroma of Obamanure and his epic fail of a Presidency. I now see J. Boob Kerrey as the DNC's sacrificial lamb in these parts. Remember the Commonwealth fiasco? Debbie Winger? J. Boob's horribly partisan antics during the 9/11 Commission hearings, and then the moaning and whining he went through after Condi Rice put him in his place? The guy is toast, and has no more "Nebraska values" than Ayers or Jeremiah Wright.

Here are some interesting statistics. There are 1,136,402 registered voters in Nebraska, and only 289,743 of them (25.5%) managed to find the time to straggle to the polls to vote. Of these, there were 192,285 voting Republican and 80,420 voting Democratic. Deb Fischer received 79,039 votes, which was 41.11% of the Republicans, and Bob Kerrey obtained 65,006 votes, which was 80.83% of the Democrats. Deb Fischer received 14,037 votes more than Bob Kerrey did in the primary election. Hopefully, this surplus will hold over in fine style to the general election.

Latest posts