• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"Panda calf" in Colorado

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Twister Frost

Reaction score
If I had any talent whatsoever, I would be able to upload the picture for everyone---since I lack that talent, I will just post the address!

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_85cd1848-15e6-11e0-925e-001cc4c002e0.html

4d1f8fbd4b89d.preview-300.jpg

Right click on the pic and scroll down to "properties". Click it and a box will pop up. Within that box is "address". Copy the address....if there's data after the JPG part, don't copy that stuff...just up to and including jpg.

Come here. Click on "Img" first and it will load to your response box. Paste the addy and then click on "img" again and it will bracket your pic information.

Press Preview to make sure the pic is copied correctly and if it is, click on submit and you're off and running.

I would suspect that if this colouration is worth up to $30,000 that there may be the odd "outlier" created through the use of freeze branding. :roll:

I've seen an ad of someone selling "Panda Cattle" in Washington or northern Oregon a year or so ago. Guess they are pretty valuable small cattle. I know of one lady who is a small scale rancher in OR who wants one very badly. Hope she gets it one day soon. We all need to invest in an impractical dream once in a while, don't we?

The article states
The miniature panda cow is the result of genetic manipulation

What do they mean by thi? Is this a man made manipulation of the DNA of what appears to be a solid black cow or did the AP writer simply mean mutation which could have occured naturally?

Latest posts