• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Paragon Foundation

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Happy

Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Western South Dakota
I am familiar with the Paragon Foundation. I've heard G.B. Oliver speak on a couple occasions, the last being in September 2005, in Rapid City at the SD Stockgrowers annual convention. He informed the audience of 'federal codes' that pertain to "Conservation Easements?", as i recall. (You won't find these codes in the small print on any Conservation Easement.)

Say you enter into a conservation easement with me. Next year I take you to court alleging that you are not following the contract. Did you know that you will be responsible to pay for my attorney fees as well as your own, regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit? Interesting, don't you think? This is how groups like Nature Conservancy have acquired large tracts of land. They get you to enter into an agreement, then their cronies start lawsuits against you and it's only a matter of time until you are broke and selling (selling cheap) the very land you worked your lifetime caring for. Once they have your land, there is no more easement and it's open for development. It happened in NY state and they bought an individuals land and sold it to David Letterman. I didn't take notes at the meeting, so please don't quote me on the above. For more information contact Paragon at 877-847-3443. It doesn't cost much to be a member and it's well worth the money. Support Paragon if you value your PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS! Vist their website at www.paragonfoundation.org

Paragon also sponsored a tour of Michael Martin Murphey last year to increase awareness of our ongoing loss of Private Property Rights. I believe it is an excellent organization and if you have Forest Service or some other state/federal agency attempting to take away your grazing, water rights - this is an organization you can contact for guidance and help.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Thanks Happy- You jogged some old cobwebs in my head...As soon as I saw the "Paladin Knight" chess piece I recognized them...They have been up in this country talking, altho I haven't attended any of their presentations...I think they have been working with some of the Missouri River breaks ranchers that Fish and Wildlife is trying to push off the CMR game range by continually changing the regulatons and reducing their animal units every year....Feds would like to make it another Wilderness- even tho it was one of the first settled areas in this part of the state.......
 

rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,059
Reaction score
0
Happy said:
I am familiar with the Paragon Foundation. I've heard G.B. Oliver speak on a couple occasions, the last being in September 2005, in Rapid City at the SD Stockgrowers annual convention. He informed the audience of 'federal codes' that pertain to "Conservation Easements?", as i recall. (You won't find these codes in the small print on any Conservation Easement.)

Say you enter into a conservation easement with me. Next year I take you to court alleging that you are not following the contract. Did you know that you will be responsible to pay for my attorney fees as well as your own, regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit? Interesting, don't you think? This is how groups like Nature Conservancy have acquired large tracts of land. They get you to enter into an agreement, then their cronies start lawsuits against you and it's only a matter of time until you are broke and selling (selling cheap) the very land you worked your lifetime caring for. Once they have your land, there is no more easement and it's open for development. It happened in NY state and they bought an individuals land and sold it to David Letterman. I didn't take notes at the meeting, so please don't quote me on the above. For more information contact Paragon at 877-847-3443. It doesn't cost much to be a member and it's well worth the money. Support Paragon if you value your PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS! Vist their website at www.paragonfoundation.org

Paragon also sponsored a tour of Michael Martin Murphey last year to increase awareness of our ongoing loss of Private Property Rights. I believe it is an excellent organization and if you have Forest Service or some other state/federal agency attempting to take away your grazing, water rights - this is an organization you can contact for guidance and help.

Is this the conservation easements, the NCBA is in bed with the Nature Conservancy with?
 

nenmrancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
Location
north eastern new mexico
Reason I asked is that I wanted to see if their track record was better in other states than it is here in NM and AZ or at least what I know of it.
So far the two most visible cases they have here have been Kit Laney in NM and The Martinez Family in Arizona. From what I have seen and read in both cases they have given some really bad advice that ended up with both losing their cattle and in Laney's case getting criminal charges.
 

mrj

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
4,609
Reaction score
1
Location
SD
rancher said:
Happy said:
I am familiar with the Paragon Foundation. I've heard G.B. Oliver speak on a couple occasions, the last being in September 2005, in Rapid City at the SD Stockgrowers annual convention. He informed the audience of 'federal codes' that pertain to "Conservation Easements?", as i recall. (You won't find these codes in the small print on any Conservation Easement.)

Say you enter into a conservation easement with me. Next year I take you to court alleging that you are not following the contract. Did you know that you will be responsible to pay for my attorney fees as well as your own, regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit? Interesting, don't you think? This is how groups like Nature Conservancy have acquired large tracts of land. They get you to enter into an agreement, then their cronies start lawsuits against you and it's only a matter of time until you are broke and selling (selling cheap) the very land you worked your lifetime caring for. Once they have your land, there is no more easement and it's open for development. It happened in NY state and they bought an individuals land and sold it to David Letterman. I didn't take notes at the meeting, so please don't quote me on the above. For more information contact Paragon at 877-847-3443. It doesn't cost much to be a member and it's well worth the money. Support Paragon if you value your PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS! Vist their website at www.paragonfoundation.org

Paragon also sponsored a tour of Michael Martin Murphey last year to increase awareness of our ongoing loss of Private Property Rights. I believe it is an excellent organization and if you have Forest Service or some other state/federal agency attempting to take away your grazing, water rights - this is an organization you can contact for guidance and help.

Is this the conservation easements, the NCBA is in bed with the Nature Conservancy with?

rancher, would you please define "in bed with"?

Is that what you said about NCBA when we invited Carol Tucker Foreman to speak to our group, and to LISTEN to our group a few times in order to show her how wrong she was to try to eliminate beef from school lunch menu's by showing her that the high level of nutrients found in beef are essential to normal development of children?

Actually we did succeed in stopping her in that agenda, but not because we changed her anti-beef agenda!

Now her organization is "in bed with" R-CALF, joining together in an ad telling consumers that BSE in beef is a real threat to them.

Would you say that because some members of NCBA may choose to work with NC, and others want to learn what NC is doing, that is "in bed with" them?

MRJ
 

rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,059
Reaction score
0
So if NCBA works with those groups it is ok, BUT if R-calf does they are in bed with them? You are a twisted NCBA follower if you go with that reason. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of your thinking MRJ.

MRJ said:
rancher said:
Happy said:
I am familiar with the Paragon Foundation. I've heard G.B. Oliver speak on a couple occasions, the last being in September 2005, in Rapid City at the SD Stockgrowers annual convention. He informed the audience of 'federal codes' that pertain to "Conservation Easements?", as i recall. (You won't find these codes in the small print on any Conservation Easement.)

Say you enter into a conservation easement with me. Next year I take you to court alleging that you are not following the contract. Did you know that you will be responsible to pay for my attorney fees as well as your own, regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit? Interesting, don't you think? This is how groups like Nature Conservancy have acquired large tracts of land. They get you to enter into an agreement, then their cronies start lawsuits against you and it's only a matter of time until you are broke and selling (selling cheap) the very land you worked your lifetime caring for. Once they have your land, there is no more easement and it's open for development. It happened in NY state and they bought an individuals land and sold it to David Letterman. I didn't take notes at the meeting, so please don't quote me on the above. For more information contact Paragon at 877-847-3443. It doesn't cost much to be a member and it's well worth the money. Support Paragon if you value your PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS! Vist their website at www.paragonfoundation.org

Paragon also sponsored a tour of Michael Martin Murphey last year to increase awareness of our ongoing loss of Private Property Rights. I believe it is an excellent organization and if you have Forest Service or some other state/federal agency attempting to take away your grazing, water rights - this is an organization you can contact for guidance and help.

Is this the conservation easements, the NCBA is in bed with the Nature Conservancy with?

rancher, would you please define "in bed with"?

Is that what you said about NCBA when we invited Carol Tucker Foreman to speak to our group, and to LISTEN to our group a few times in order to show her how wrong she was to try to eliminate beef from school lunch menu's by showing her that the high level of nutrients found in beef are essential to normal development of children?

Actually we did succeed in stopping her in that agenda, but not because we changed her anti-beef agenda!

Now her organization is "in bed with" R-CALF, joining together in an ad telling consumers that BSE in beef is a real threat to them.

Would you say that because some members of NCBA may choose to work with NC, and others want to learn what NC is doing, that is "in bed with" them?

MRJ
 

mrj

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
4,609
Reaction score
1
Location
SD
rancher said:
So if NCBA works with those groups it is ok, BUT if R-calf does they are in bed with them? You are a twisted NCBA follower if you go with that reason. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of your thinking MRJ.

MRJ said:
rancher said:
Is this the conservation easements, the NCBA is in bed with the Nature Conservancy with?

rancher, would you please define "in bed with"?

Is that what you said about NCBA when we invited Carol Tucker Foreman to speak to our group, and to LISTEN to our group a few times in order to show her how wrong she was to try to eliminate beef from school lunch menu's by showing her that the high level of nutrients found in beef are essential to normal development of children?

Actually we did succeed in stopping her in that agenda, but not because we changed her anti-beef agenda!

Now her organization is "in bed with" R-CALF, joining together in an ad telling consumers that BSE in beef is a real threat to them.

Would you say that because some members of NCBA may choose to work with NC, and others want to learn what NC is doing, that is "in bed with" them?

MRJ

rancher, please explain why it is hypocritical to work with Carol Tucker Foreman in an attempt to change her attitude toward beef? I realize we did not succeed in doing that, however we did succeed in stopping her agenda to drastically cut the amount of beef served in school lunches. We were able to do so because we learned, FROM HER, that she did not have the facts on the nutrients in beef, the need for school children for those nutrients, and the fact that many children were/and are lacking adequate amounts of those nutrients, valuable information which NCBA presented to prevail in our efforts to keep beef in school lunches.

That is a vivid contrast with R-CALF partnering with Carol Tucker Formans Consumer Federation of America in ads telling consumers they are in danger of BSE "tainted" beef!

NCBA members TALKING TO the Nature Conservancy can as easily be learning what they need to know in order to counter that organizations' efforts as opposed to "going along with them". It may be wiser to get first hand knowledge of a group such as NC than it is to accept all the gossip about them without checking it out.

MRJ



If you cannot agree with me on that, I'm very sorry for you, but it isn't MY thinking that is twisted or hyprocritical.
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,482
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
R2
You're just "Ustin for a Bustin" tonite ain't you girl?

Keep pickin'........ you'll get one going in a minute. :wink: :lol:
 

rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,059
Reaction score
0
reader (the Second) said:
MRJ - I agree with you. Instead of branding a group that impacts on your group Ior anybody's group) a LAG (I think that meant liberal activist group but it was pejorative for sure), meet with them and find out what motivates their statements and policies and see if common ground can be found.

Sierra Club (mostly good organization)
Nature Conservancy (ditto)
Consumers Union (ditto)
Govt Accountability Project (Felicia Nestor seems to have integrity)

Some groups you will find to be too far out there probably. That has been my observation. Extreme animal rights and vegan activists for instance.

I agree with some on some issues and disagree publicly on other issues.

I remember that one group opposed closing the border to Canada because Canadian surveillance was at least as good as that of the U.S. according to them.

My point is that regardless of one's passions and causes, many of us will be able to find compromises.

When they are not grandstanding (last decade), that's how Congress works.

Now bring on the attacks folks :wink:

WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT THE SIERRA CLUB?
 

Jinglebob

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
5,962
Reaction score
0
Location
Western South Dakota
reader (the Second) said:
I believe we ARE and have ruined parts of the Earth and should set aside land and protect land and habitats and ecologies but not to the point of ridiculousness as I know has happened.

Set them aside from what and who?

Any ranchers I know take better care of their land (notice I said their land) than any group or government org. I've ever seen. They have to as their income and lives depend on it.
 

Econ101

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
7,060
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
Big Muddy rancher said:
I knew a guy that went on seirra club hikes to meet girls. :wink: :cowboy:

I have been guilty of that. Youth had its strengths.
 

Liberty Belle

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
4
Location
northwestern South Dakota
I believe we ARE and have ruined parts of the Earth and should set aside land and protect land and habitats and ecologies but not to the point of ridiculousness as I know has happened.
R2, please give us an example or two of ruined parts of the earth here in the good old USA? And make sure it is on private property. You can’t count the devastation of government land caused by screwed up eco nuts operating out of their Washington offices whose only connection with the land is a patch of lawn in Grandma’s back yard.
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,052
Reaction score
131
Location
Big Muddy valley
Liberty Belle said:
I believe we ARE and have ruined parts of the Earth and should set aside land and protect land and habitats and ecologies but not to the point of ridiculousness as I know has happened.
R2, please give us an example or two of ruined parts of the earth here in the good old USA? And make sure it is on private property. You can’t count the devastation of government land caused by screwed up eco nuts operating out of their Washington offices whose only connection with the land is a patch of lawn in Grandma’s back yard.


Not sure if this fits your criteria LB but this Coal bed methane drilling ain't to pretty and the foot hills range with all the development .
 

Jinglebob

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
5,962
Reaction score
0
Location
Western South Dakota
Seems to me, all those who want to "save" parts of the land, all want it done in someone elses backyard. Why didn't those who wanted wolves returned to Yellowstone, fight to get wolves back in their own backyards? I'm pretty sure that there wolves east of the Mississippi, years ago. Why didn't they re-introduce them there?

There are vast amounts of pretty country, east of that river, but I've never heard of anyone wanting to "save" any of it. Only where there are a small amount of people living and using that land, so they only have a few to fight back. :mad:

I think there ought to be places of all types of land and forests that ought to be made available to people to enjoy, but it seems to me that if someone is living on that land and their families have been there for generations, then they should be paid for all of the trouble that those people and their families went thru' to keep and take care of that piece of property. And those who want to enjoy them could pay something for that privledge, whether thru' monies or work related to that particular place or other similar places, at other sites.

The Black Hills in SD are being overrun with people who all want to build on their own little piece of property with trees. As long as they are paying for it, more power to them, tho' it gets pretty ugly to look at at times. But then, I don't care to see the land in this country torn up to plant cheap wheat either. But hey, it's supposed to be a free country. When you want what someone else has, you ought to re-imburse that person for the work or time that that property has been held and taken care of.

Maybe we better pass a law before someone starts to build on the moon, and ruins the view there! :lol:
 

Latest posts

Top