• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pasture and summer update #3 at Battle T

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Battle T

Reaction score
We were blessed with 8 tenths of rain last night, just in time as we were really starting to get dry here, not like some areas but now we will get a second cut of hay and grain crops will be very good. Again I was glad I am a bit understocked as the grass had really stalled.
I finally sold out of bulls last night, it has been a long process but we had a good average and all seem to be working well for new owners. Interesting how many may calvers are out there just starting to assemble bulls for this year.

An SAV Pioneer grandson back to net Worth, He will be calving ease and from a first calver

Another SAV Pioneer Gdtr with Yellowstone and 6595 behind her, The kind of broody replacement I like to see

My solar well system. It runs off a 12v battery and has not failed in 5 years except the odd battery change or wire corrosion.

Overall a pretty stress free summer for cows here, very few bugs, lots of grass, a nice bush for shelter. We need these quiet, good times to make up for the brutal winter we had

Latest posts