• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Paul Hackett lost last night

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Paul Hackett lost last night. In a state that hasn't had a Democratic governor in almost 15 years, a state where two thirds of the state legislators are Republicans, a district where voters routinely send their Republican Congressmen back to DC with 70% of the vote, where Republicans are registered 3 to 1 over Democrats, where George W. Bush got 60% of the votes, Paul Hackett lost last night. The Iraqi war veteran who volunteered to serve in Iraq, who has been on the ground in Iraq and has challenged George W. Bush on the Iraqi war, lost his bid for the open Ohio Congressional seat last night…by 4 points. Hang in there America, we're coming.

Local story at the link.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050803/EDIT/508030325/1003

reader (the Second) said:
If he hadn't been a good looking Iraqi war vet, he would have lost by more I bet so don't count on the Democrats winning in this or similar districts.

Why not? Don't you think there are more good looking Iraqi war vets out there willing to run for office?

I think i asked once and was rudely ignored so i'll try again........

Dissagreeable....how many hours and nights to you waste sitting up looking for your posts? I doubt anyone has even heard of Paul Hackett outside of people from Ohio (its was Ohio right?)!

you come up with some of the damndest stuff....haha :lol:

reader (the Second) said:
TXTibbs said:
I guess i don't keep my nose in the political network enough then......I highly doubt i'm gonna lose much sleep over it :wink:

network TELEVISION as in ABC

I don't watch TV...spent 3 years without one...and now i got one and never watch it....ask anyone who knows me...I don't care for tv....so don't bite my head off for not knowing who your little Ohio man is. I have better things to do than sit and bang my head against a wall worrying about political **** taking place in Ohio!

TX:
I think the point was to be aware of your surroundings/happenings....as what happens in one state could soon come home to yours, mine or another one.

If you don't have/watch TV....do you listen to radio, internet search or read a lot? Where do you get you onfo on the politcal front as TV is the most prolific source of info these days?

kolanuraven said:
TX:
I think the point was to be aware of your surroundings/happenings....as what happens in one state could soon come home to yours, mine or another one.

If you don't have/watch TV....do you listen to radio, internet search or read a lot? Where do you get you onfo on the politcal front as TV is the most prolific source of info these days?

yeah but one station tells you one thing......flip the channel and it is telling you something else....I get sick of it. I keep up to date on the "important" stuff...I guess we just have a different opinion of what is important. And I'm sorry but I guess some guy losing some Ohio political race isn't high on my list. (maybe if i was from Ohio) I listen to the radio a lot and news enough to know the high points. I really don't dabble much with politics....I'll leave that to ya'll!

To me politics is like that sticker you sometimes get in your underware that you can't ever find, no matter how much you search....then as soon as you pull em back up there it is again!!! Eventually you get pissed and just throw the whole pair in the fire! haha (maybe that has only happened to me...)

here is my piece of politics or news or whatever you call it: https://my.nrcs.usda.gov/PortalStatic/Bruce_Knight_Iowa2005-07-25.wmv

you prolly don't even know who Bruce knight is huh?

you could link onto hackett's adds on rushe's sight yesterday.... the start of with Pres Bush talking then goi into Hacket tell how hew was a Iraq vet and we need to finish the job there.... No MENTION ANYWHERE IN HIS ADS SAY HE WAS A DEMOCRAT!!!!!

TXTibbs said:
I think i asked once and was rudely ignored so i'll try again........

Dissagreeable....how many hours and nights to you waste sitting up looking for your posts? I doubt anyone has even heard of Paul Hackett outside of people from Ohio (its was Ohio right?)!

you come up with some of the damndest stuff....haha :lol:

Hey, TX, it's all out there for anyone with an open mind willing to learn. I have a yahoo.com email address. Yahool has links to many of the major news organizations, so when I go check that email, I check the news, too. My local newspaper has really cut back state and national coverage. Paul Hackett was big news for several weeks. He was on national talk shows and national political shows. His unit is scheduled to go back to Iraq later this year, but if he comes home safely, he's considering running again in 2006. He should have more name recognition for a second run.

Do you vote?

katrina said:
I seen a story on him and the only thing going for him was that he was a veteran.. So I'm not surprised he lost....

:D He lost by 4 percentage points, Katrina, in a state that hasn't had a Democratic governor in almost 15 years, a district that is registered 3-1 Republican, gave Bush 60% of their votes last year. No one is surprised that he lost; the surprise for Republicans is that it was a very, very close race. :D

TXTibbs said:
yeah but one station tells you one thing......flip the channel and it is telling you something else....I get sick of it.

Yeah, Democracy is a tough way to live. You might have to actually try to figure out which side is telling the truth! :roll:

New York Times reporter Jayson Blair shocked many with his admission of plagiarism and faked reports. Further investigation has raised questions about the culture of the New York Times and lead to the resignation of editor Howell Raines and managing editor Gerald Boyd on June 5.

Well maybe not as well researched, or as well written as the liberals would like US to believe,,,

any ways I didn't bother with the Hackett election other then his using the clip of President Bush in his adds, to try to mislead voters....

Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean sent out an e-mail appeal for Hackett which, helped raise over $475,000 in online contributions for Hackett, making him the first Democratic nominee in the Second District in years who could afford television advertisements. Hackett's ad began with a clip of President George W. Bush speaking to troops at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, on June 28, 2005, "There is no higher calling than service in our armed forces." Hackett's commercial then noted his service in the Marine Corps. The Washington Post noted the commercial "avoids any hint that the lawyer is a Democrat." Republicans were displeased. The Republican National Committee's lawyers wrote him saying the commercial deceived the public with "the false impression the President has endorsed your candidacy."

Latest posts